Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I might have misread this, but I assumed that if the pilots for Diaclone were "approximately 1/60 scale" then it would follow that the cars were too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaclone

Besides - just put G1 Prowl or something in car mode next to a Masterpiece Seeker in jet mode - and you have approximately a 1/60 jet and a 1/60 scale car :)

Pete

Has the HA barricade made it to the big retailers yet?

Bought mine at Wal Mart (N. Central Texas) two days ago. There are reports of it being found in retail all over the US, not sure about international availability.

Bought mine at Wal Mart (N. Central Texas) two days ago. There are reports of it being found in retail all over the US, not sure about international availability.

I'll check my walmart near my job tomorrow. It has been a great spot to find toys.

Found Legends Dev today, BTW. (I'm still working on painting my Arcee---she's quite off the model in some areas--it's not a LACK of paint apps, it's that they're WRONG---strange---some places would have been better to not be painted at all) Plus, the face was just painted awful, which you can't see in-package, and that's the hardest of all, as the shape/plastic conspires against the paint--darn near repels it.

Can anybody explain what this quote means from that UK Toy fair TFW2005 link:

The Prime was moterized with sound effects. I was told Bay liked this and is planning on using the idea.

Bay liked the idea of Prime being moterized and making sounds...so in Transformers III Optimus is going to have a motor and make sounds? What?? :lol:

as for the "range of body parts and weapons" on the combiners -I would love it if they covered mundane things like HANDS.

The microscopic image of the combined form of Bruticus looks good. I'll be curious to see higher res pics.

Pete

Can anybody explain what this quote means from that UK Toy fair TFW2005 link:

Bay liked the idea of Prime being moterized and making sounds...so in Transformers III Optimus is going to have a motor and make sounds? What?? :lol:

as for the "range of body parts and weapons" on the combiners -I would love it if they covered mundane things like HANDS.

The microscopic image of the combined form of Bruticus looks good. I'll be curious to see higher res pics.

Pete

That Bruticus set is only $20, which is cool. Need to see more pics though. Hoping that a decent Hotspot with Protectobots(Defensor) team is released.

As for the Prime you mentioned, it is a vehicle with pop out weapons, that's the part Bay liked I believe.

Found Legends Dev today, BTW. (I'm still working on painting my Arcee---she's quite off the model in some areas--it's not a LACK of paint apps, it's that they're WRONG---strange---some places would have been better to not be painted at all) Plus, the face was just painted awful, which you can't see in-package, and that's the hardest of all, as the shape/plastic conspires against the paint--darn near repels it.

How is the articulation and do you think Legends Devy is worth picking up?

Articulation is more along the lines of "how much you can bend/stress bits without it coming apart". He can rotate his thighs, elbows, and his shoulders (sorta). Ball joints non-existent. There's not TOO much he can do. Basically--arms in front of him, or to the side. He really can't crouch/walk like he does in the movie, he's just plain built far too vertically, and I found no way to alter his torso/spine/hip/leg alignment.

So, who's got their Bruticus Upgrade sets preordered? Just under $100 for the two sets seemed really good to me, considering a while figure like Defender is going to be $75. Releasing them as two sets probably makes it alot easier for FP, but I wish it was just one set so I can have it faster!

So, who's got their Bruticus Upgrade sets preordered? Just under $100 for the two sets seemed really good to me, considering a while figure like Defender is going to be $75. Releasing them as two sets probably makes it alot easier for FP, but I wish it was just one set so I can have it faster!

I'm definitely buying them, but I'm gonna hold out and shop around for the best price. I probably would've bought Swindle even if I didn't have a Bruticus to upgrade-I was really impressed with FP's work. I was expecting them to release the Rodimus Prime upgrade first though.

for those debating the bruticus upgrade

check This thread out

roy_flagg00 summed my reaction up nicely

Lovin it. The integration of all the bits doesn't seem as forced as the Superion appendage kit. I was hoping the big rifle would break down into a turret of sorts for Brawl, but it doesn't look like it from the group pic.

I'm still waiting for some colored samples---I have the orignal release of that mold (which is actually more G1-ish in some cases than the ROTF version) and am wondering how the colors are going to work. Also, there'll have to be nothing else I want for like a month on each side surrounding their release.

Also, having Blast-Off's tailfin turn into a knife how it does really hurts how vehicle mode looks. Surely there's a better-looking way to do that, than the really weird-looking fin upper edge with a cut-out and a big round hinge.

PS---I'd be happy to trade/sell my Energon "orange helicopter" if someone needs it to complete a Bruticus or something. ::edit:: IIRC, there was some confusion on names between the choppers, and that it seemed Hasbro got them swapped or something. My memory and the wikis are conflicting, but seibertron.com seems to agree with me.

PPS--if I'd had a time machine, I'd have known to buy the two tanks instead of two helicopters, and I could mix parts and have a nearly perfectly G1-colored-Brawl to use now.

So why is the Bruticus Maximus repaint more expensive on Ebay than the Energon one? How many repaints are there of the Bruticus mold. The one I like is the one David talks about, then theres the Maximus one that I find a bit too colorfull (minus the central robot which isn't bad) and I think I've seen a very bright colored one.

New info on the Aerialbots Power Core Combiners set:

To answer a few of the questions:

The PC Combiners are packaged in a big yellow box, the leader in the middle in robot mode, the limbs in vehicle mode grouped around them. For the Aerialbots all four limbs were different jets, not quite as futuristic as the Energon Aerialbots, but not quite present-day jets either. There were no names on the box for the smaller bots, but the leader's name (which I forgot, I'm ashamed to say) was not Silverbolt. Something generic with 'Air' or 'Sky' or something, as I recall.

As for the 'orange' packaging, I meant the one the new Battle Ops BB is coming in. Yellow with a tint of orange. Not a completely new one. Sorry if I confused some people with that.