Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

who misses talking to people who actually REMEMBER G1 and talk about THAT instead of about the latest tranforming abonination to hit the shelves/airwaves

Crusty Old Man :lol:

Well I mean, I remember it. I watched that show religiously when I was a kid and was super excited when it came back as G2.

Pete

who misses talking to people who actually REMEMBER G1 and talk about THAT instead of about the latest tranforming abonination to hit the shelves/airwaves

Crusty Old Man :lol:

G1 was my LIFE between 4th and 6th grade. These days however I can only appreciate the toys. I've tried so hard to get back into the cartoon but I just can't. I even recieved the full Matrix box set for Christmas, which is sort of wasted on me because I have so little desire to watch it. I've only been able to make it through the first disc and even then I was running on the thinnest of nostalgia fumes. There really isn't any Transformers show I enjoy beyond Animated and parts of the original animated movie. The parts when no music is playing. :p

Dag. I must be unique.

I LOVE the movie sound track. Stan Bush was my favorite rock star in the 80s and well through 1995 when I first heard Bon Jovi. Hell - in fact, other than Stan Bush, I really didn't listen to music until 1996. People would be like "Aerosmith!" or "Greenday!" and I'd be like "STAN BUSH!!!"

I think the band that really got me into non-ass rock music was Smashing Pumpkins - to this day I love their Melancholy & the Infinite Sadness. I MUST buy that for my car!!

Um...anyways - yeah - all the music to Transformers: The Movie was kick ass for me. In college, I had the CD and would listen to it constantly.

As for the cartoon - I will admit that in college I came to love the comics more. I actually missed out on the comics as a kid - I didn't really feel a need to read them because the cartoons gave me more than enough joy and until Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles graphic novels showed up in my life, I wasn't into comics at all.

But hell.. yeah - I love ALL of the cartoon too.

I actually can't stand to watch anything Transformers nowadays except for the cartoon or Beast Wars (which I also love).

Me and Transformers are like me and my current girlfriend: the love is gone but I can't break it off because I keep waiting for the old spark to rekindle.

Um...but...I...do want to buy her a really great present so..uh...buy my stuff!! :lol:

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Dag. I must be unique.

I LOVE the movie sound track.

On the contrary, I've noticed I'm in the vast minority when it comes to disliking the music in the movie. Seems like most TF fans really dig it, which is cool.

Aside from my wife I don't think I know any other fans who share my dislike. -_-

On the contrary, I've noticed I'm in the vast minority when it comes to disliking the music in the movie. Seems like most TF fans really dig it, which is cool.

Aside from my wife I don't think I know any other fans who share my dislike. -_-

:unsure:

Should I mention that Lion's version of the Transformers theme song from the '86 movie is my ringtone? Or that the alarm on my phone plays "The Touch"?

Pete

who misses talking to people who actually REMEMBER G1 and talk about THAT instead of about the latest tranforming abonination to hit the shelves/airwaves Crusty Old Man :lol:

Ha! some I am glad to miss! I hate talking about some of the bad ones that had parts that was easy to lose,for example my old Devastator,Just about all of them had parts that was so easy to lose and some Transformers needed complete assembly like Ultra Magnus,Omega Supreme and don't even get me started on the Transformers Pretenders.Those were a complete loss.

Now I miss my old Go-Bot Grungy..oops Transformers thread,sorry.

Edited by Pizza the Hutt

Ha! some I am glad to miss! I hate talking about some of the bad ones that had parts that was easy to lose,for example my old Devastator,Just about all of them had parts that was so easy to lose and some Transformers needed complete assembly like Ultra Magnus,Omega Supreme and don't even get me started on the Transformers Pretenders.Those were a complete loss.

Now I miss my old Go-Bot Grungy..oops Transformers thread,sorry.

Well - I find myself in an odd situation, because I instinctively wanted to defend those toys...but I did sell all of them... The parts never bothered me. Modern revoltechs and even Macross toys...not to mention models and SOCs have LOTS of parts. Usually there's either zip lock baggies (Figma), boxes (newer Revoltechs), Part-Stands (SOCs) or a Really Big Box (RBB -Yamato) to hold them in.

For Transformers - I just stored all the parts in Optimus Prime's caboose.

My problem with G1 ultimately boiled down to a couple of things:

1) Poseability - really, as much as I have fond nostalgia for the old toys... I guess I just couldn't stand it anymore...too many bricks...it took away from their character...

2) No screen accuracy - seriously bad on this front - though I know the Diaclones came first and the marvel/eventually sunbow designs were anthropomorphized in accordance with the Marvel Comics "make it easy to draw FAST" dictum

3) LACK OF SCALE - This was a big problem. Blaster was almost as big as Metroplex. Metroplex had parking spaces for Minibots and buildings that made it look like Bumblebee's VW buggy mode was 20 feet tall.

I was thinking of buying back the henkeis...but...I dunno...

What I really need is some new G1- themed TF products to come out...

But...

you know...

I have the feeling that Animated was the Last Goodbye.

That the nostalgia craze is over, the market for G1 has evaporated and WE WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN. EVER.

It'll be civil war forever! The jedi are relentless! If they aren't stopped...

wait...sorry...

it'll be new molds and reboots forever.

Transformers as a brand is becoming more and more about TRANSFORMATION and CHANGE (Hasbro said it themselves) than about the G1 Mythos.

Pete

I liked Vince DiCola's work, but Stan didn't really do anything for me - I think it suited the movie and was contemporary etc but I never listen to it otherwise.

The RotF OST includes a tribute of sorts to Vince's 'Unicron's Theme' by way of Steve Jablonsky's 'The Fallen's Arrival'. B))

Finally found TRU exclusive Animated Arcee today!!! She is AWESOME!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

@Tober: picked up one for you as well dude - send me a PM if you still want it.

Nice find! It's a shame she didn't get a release outside of TRU since she sounds like such a great figure. I'll probably wait for the prices to come down on eBay since I've pretty much resigned myself to never finding her at a TRU.

Lucky! I never did find another Arcee after my first vist to the local TRU. Though the wall of Madflaps seems to be growing...

So it looks like Mindwipe can combine with Skystalker in bot mode too: GATTAI!!

Pfft. All MY TRU's had last few times I've been there, aside from movie toys is two lone copies of the silver Jazz repaint.

Pfft. All MY TRU's had last few times I've been there, aside from movie toys is two lone copies of the silver Jazz repaint.

Ditto for me... I'm getting worried this may be the best distribution we see for her.

Are Mindwipe and Skystalker exclusives of any kind? I've never seen either, granted my Walmart is kind of backward.

Ditto for me... I'm getting worried this may be the best distribution we see for her.

Are Mindwipe and Skystalker exclusives of any kind? I've never seen either, granted my Walmart is kind of backward.

Nope, they should be available everywhere. I picked up Mindwipe from Target. Just today I grabbed a Skystalker from my once-in-a-blue-moon trip to WalMart. Also picked up a Brakedown (white sports car) who is surprisingly very, very nice. Anyway, they're still pretty new so you'll probably see them eventually.

I hope not. Haven't seen her yet. And the scalpers must have seen the poor distribution coming because Arcee is all over ebay for thrice the MSRP.

On a related note, I still haven't seen Bludgeon on store shelves.

The powers that be don't seem to know which items will sell best. Any fan or collector does. High demand figures as store exclusives is a cringe worthy trend.

Nope, they should be available everywhere. I picked up Mindwipe from Target. Just today I grabbed a Skystalker from my once-in-a-blue-moon trip to WalMart. Also picked up a Brakedown (white sports car) who is surprisingly very, very nice. Anyway, they're still pretty new so you'll probably see them eventually.

My Target only has movie merch, and only has shelf space for movie merch.

My area hates Transformers, I think. :(

My Target only has movie merch, and only has shelf space for movie merch.

My area hates Transformers, I think. :(

My Target too. Fortunately Mindwipe and Skystalker are movie toys. The characters weren't in the movie, but the toys are under the Revenge of the Fallen name and in the same packaging. B))

I hope not. Haven't seen her yet. And the scalpers must have seen the poor distribution coming because Arcee is all over ebay for thrice the MSRP.

On a related note, I still haven't seen Bludgeon on store shelves.

The powers that be don't seem to know which items will sell best. Any fan or collector does. High demand figures as store exclusives is a cringe worthy trend.

Let me know if you start to lose hope on the Bludgeon and want me to pick one up for you. I see them pretty regularly, though never in large numbers.

Let me know if you start to lose hope on the Bludgeon and want me to pick one up for you. I see them pretty regularly, though never in large numbers.
Thanks man. Very kind of you, but I picked him up from Hasbrotoyshop.com.

Does he transform?

He transforms into the gun Soundwave is holding in the last photo. He's a partsformer though, as you have to attach the big cannons to him to complete alt mode.

PE0113.png

He transforms into the gun Soundwave is holding in the last photo. He's a partsformer though, as you have to attach the big cannons to him to complete alt mode.

I didn't realize he was attached to his piledrivers in that pic! Yeah, I see now. Well, that's not too bad... I guess it works about as well as turning into a tape.

I didn't realize he was attached to his piledrivers in that pic! Yeah, I see now. Well, that's not too bad... I guess it works about as well as turning into a tape.

Yep, instead of a flat rectangle he turns into a cube. :lol:

The only downside of this figure is the price. $35 is a lot for something a little bigger than a Headmaster head, but such is the way with limited small-batch fan toys.

My Target too. Fortunately Mindwipe and Skystalker are movie toys. The characters weren't in the movie, but the toys are under the Revenge of the Fallen name and in the same packaging. B))

Then there's HOPE!

Toys R Us restocked!

They had two Cybertron Rachets alongside the two Freeway Jazzes!

That's one heck of a makeover Prime is getting up there.

Picked up Skystalker and Scattorshot at Target today. While Scattorshot isn't bad of a toy, I must say that Skystalker made me a fan of Scouts. From the nice matte finish to the way his hooks fit into the wings, it's hard for me to find something to gripe about with him. I just might buy another one so Mindwipe can have duo of cronies.