Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Not how I meant it. As Takara made it, MP TC is mostly blue, with dark blue accents. Or you could call it mostly dark blue, with VERY DARK blue accents.

Either way, I meant the feet/fists etc. They should be black. Takara didn't make that so.

Not how I meant it. As Takara made it, MP TC is mostly blue, with dark blue accents. Or you could call it mostly dark blue, with VERY DARK blue accents.

Either way, I meant the feet/fists etc. They should be black. Takara didn't make that so.

Oh, sort of like his G1 incarnation, I get it now.

That was confusing.

Unless I'm mistaken, the difference is that Hasbro used Starscream's head for the US Skywarp... which means that he has the "regular" seeker face as well as Starscream's characteristic smirk.

Unless I've got it mixed up.

Pee

The paint job's a lot different. A whole lot more purple, and it's a more G1 lavender purple instead of the deep magenta-purple. Silver instead of gunmetal. Red accents in the intakes. Also all the striping is painted on. No "no steps" all over.

Picked up ROTF Thrust yesterday.

The only part I really dislike is the stupid toes on his feet.

You could slice off (using a heated exacto knife) the small toes like I did with my Breakaway ; this helps the airplane silhouette as well.

The Breakaway colours don't bother me ; i like to think of it as SW planet Endor camo.

DX_BA_11.jpg

Edited by knoted

The paint job's a lot different. A whole lot more purple, and it's a more G1 lavender purple instead of the deep magenta-purple. Silver instead of gunmetal. Red accents in the intakes. Also all the striping is painted on. No "no steps" all over.

Actually, I caved and got one, there is a couple places where it looks different, either different shades of silver or gunmetal (it looks different to me anyhow, more like Gunmetal). I don't understand why they would use two different metallic paints, but it doesn't look terrible. Definately an improvement over my Takara Skywarp, who will now become custom fodder. Maybe Sunstorm...who knows. Of course, if I wait long enough, that's probably going to come as well.

I got my masterpiece Skywarp, and I love it. Just one question. There's this clamp that the thing came with, and it clips onto the underside of the base, but the instructions don't mention what to do with it. Does anybody know?

I got my masterpiece Skywarp, and I love it. Just one question. There's this clamp that the thing came with, and it clips onto the underside of the base, but the instructions don't mention what to do with it. Does anybody know?

If it's a round clip, it's likely the part that they used to hold the Megatron pistol to the underside of the jet.

If it's a round clip, it's likely the part that they used to hold the Megatron pistol to the underside of the jet.

Ahh... So that's what it is. Will the Megatron pistol from Masterpiece Optimus prime work, or is it something that came with Starscream? I have masterpiece Prime, but I don't know where I put the little Megatron pistol.

Stopped at Target to get stuff for my work's Black Friday shindig. On a whim I walked through the toy section and found the Target exclusive Universe Voyager Leo Prime in the BWII Lio Convoy colors. I'd passed on the first Universe Leo Prime because red and blue works for trucks, but not so much for ligers, so I picked this one up.

Naturally, the colors are much better, IMHO, and more evocative of the character he's supposed to be. I also give Hasbro big props for doing a new head mold for Leo Prime (either color) instead of just straight up repainting Leobreaker. I really appreciate that, because while I've bought all the Classics and I'll buy Universe figures if they're G1-ish, I have a soft spot for Primes from other lines.

That's pretty much all the good I have to say about it, though. It's a terrible mold, with lousy articulation and a transformation that makes Animated Leader Megatron look complicated. He can spread his legs and bend them at the waist and knees, but there's no rotation in his legs. Or his hips. His ankles have some forward/backward bend, but this is mostly due to his transformation and doesn't aid in posing him. As for his arms, his shoulders rotate and he can lift his arms up about 90 degrees to his sides. His elbows bend, but they rotate below his elbows which limits his range of motion. Transformation consists of popping his tail off, standing him up on his back legs, folding out some panels at his hips so that you can rotate his torso downward, playing with his front legs until they're arms, then popping his head robot head out and sticking his tail into his hand like a whip.

I guess you can turn him into an arm for Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime (which I have) or Megatron (which I don't). He doesn't come with the instructions to do that, but I saw a picture and worked from it... and the result was so stupid-looking that I searched for Leobreaker's instructions online, only to realize with dismay that I'd done it right. I say it's stupid-looking because the only way it looks like an arm is if you imagine that it's one upper-arm that splits at elbow to have two forearms and two hands.

If you've just got to have a Leo Prime (besides trying to track down the original Leo Prime/Lio Convoy), this would be the one to get, and I don't regret adding him to my collection. It's just that, after getting so many great new molds in Classics/Universe like Mirage, Cyclonus, and Hound Leo Prime feels like a huge step backwards.

Ahh... So that's what it is. Will the Megatron pistol from Masterpiece Optimus prime work, or is it something that came with Starscream?
It's for the one that came with Optimus. Skywarp's and Starscream's accessories are identical, except for the colors.

Comparison photo gallery of Buster ROTF Prime vs. Regular Prime.

Damn, he looks amazing ....

:huh:

http://tformers.com/transformers-revenge-o...12685/news.html

Thanks for the link.

I really and truly wish they'd have made this Prime with his mouth/face guard (whatever you call it) closed. From the picks this appears to be hands down the best straight-out-of-the-package movie Prime made.

-b.

I threw in the towel. I got tired of doing little side trips to Wal-Mart looking for MP Skywarp, so I stopped...and just ordered it online at Wal-Mart's site. I should've checked their site to begin with, but I remembered MP Starscream not being available online so I thought it'd be the same with Skywarp. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 but I was at least able to get some X-mas shopping done too. B))

FYI: Wal-Mart has MP Skywarp on sale, a rollback price of $49 on Wal-Mart.com. It's in stock and you can use site-to-store for free shipping!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=11090852

B))

But someone got it for $20 on sale at retail ... lucky SOB.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...-cheaper/17446/

:wacko:

FYI: Wal-Mart has MP Skywarp on sale, a rollback price of $49 on Wal-Mart.com. It's in stock and you can use site-to-store for free shipping!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...uct_id=11090852

But someone got it for $20 on sale at retail ... lucky SOB.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...-cheaper/17446/

Awesome score for that guy, but nothing beats the time someone managed to pick up the Japanese MP Skywarp at a US Walmart for $4 MIB...forgot how the specific toy ended up at Walmart(this was not widespread at all, one of those random things that happened)

How on Earth did that happen? Was it in a JP box? It shouldn't have even scanned into the computers if it was a return or something.
Yep Japanese box, this was when the Japanese release was relatively new, from what I remember it had something to do with an online order and got shipped to the store for some reason, where a fan came across it, asked for a price, and promptly bought it.

FINALLY found leader class Jetfire from Revenge of the Fallen. I don't care what everyone else says. I LOVE this. It's a big fat old guy robot with a robot cane and a robot beard. He's cranky and will tell you get off his lawn. It kind of reminds me of Boss Borot from Mazinger, but old and with chicken legs.

The transformation is pretty difficult but I didn't find it to be a frustrating platefest like Big Convoy. The difficulty for me was largely in figuring out which plate bends out of which body part and which order they go in. Lining up the plates wasn't a problem. I also don't mind the junk in the trunk. Valkyries have just as much and it never bothered me. I like this toy a lot, though the belt things for combining with Prime are stupid and useless if you don't intend to get Prime (I don't). I may just cut them off.

FINALLY found leader class Jetfire from Revenge of the Fallen. I don't care what everyone else says. I LOVE this. It's a big fat old guy robot with a robot cane and a robot beard. He's cranky and will tell you get off his lawn. It kind of reminds me of Boss Borot from Mazinger, but old and with chicken legs.
Agreed. I actually like the jet mode too.

Use a hammer.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-ho...ins-rivets.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutorials-ho...rial-video.html

Note that it takes a lot of "fiddling" with Jetfire to get everything shuffled around so that you can actually GET to the pins to remove the belts and have room to brace the parts.