Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Hm.

I feel myself evolving now beyond even being dissapointed at TFs and towards the realm of...not caring one way or another :o

There's SO much cool anime out there and cool stuff coming in 2010 - why even be concerned where this franchise goes anymore?

Pete

Excellent. Now that you've reached the realm of not caring, you're about to enter the realm where you don't bitch about TFs anymore! :p:)

I'm actually getting pretty close to not caring anymore either. Unless Hasbro/Takara unveils a new line or show that looks interesting to me (read: not movie-inspired) I'm kind of done with TFs for now. I don't even feel revulsion towards the movie aesthetic anymore - just a cold indifference.

I'm actually getting pretty close to not caring anymore either. Unless Hasbro/Takara unveils a new line or show that looks interesting to me (read: not movie-inspired) I'm kind of done with TFs for now. I don't even feel revulsion towards the movie aesthetic anymore - just a cold indifference.

Ditto. Although I am sad it has come to this.

I mean - seriously - what we are now living through is the pinacle of Transformers popularity in our life times. It's what we as fans supposedly always dreamed of. Thousand of toys, a live action movie with Peter Cullen doing the voice acting.... comics galore... On the surface - it's all hunky dory...

But beneath the surface - there's a sense of accute betrayal...or...irrelevence... it's like everything I grew up with is gone and never will come back and the stuff that gets churned out just doesn't have that same magic.

Worse still - it's sub par compared to other anime out there... :(

But I think I'm gonna keep on bitching for now.

Most MW members do this in the "Yamato you whores! I voluntarily gave you thousands of dollars for your crappy valks now give me more!" threads...

I guess I vent here :)

Pete

Classic case of the dream-come-true becoming the living nightmare. It's awesome that TFs are so popular right now and can be found just about anywhere...but what's prominant, popular and available is on the opposite end of the spectrum from anything I could possibly want. I feel like a kid that is sent into a candy store with a million dollars and when I get inside all I find are endless bins of Good-N-Plenty. And I hate Good-N-Plenty. :p

Off the top of my head, I'd stock it with women :) Like that one street in Amsterdam where you get to go window shopping in new and interesting ways :)

Um...speaking of which...

They need to reissue the KISS player line. That had potential.

Pete

(has a high temperature and therefore will likely sound less coherent than usual)

More Moaning and Groaning from Me [only this time, it's mixed in with a bad case of the flu ..;)]

So...somewhere between consciousness , semi-consciousness and another bout of coughing in the middle of the night, a thought struck me. Here goes:

Question:

How is it that I was able to remain a Transformers fan for so many years even though there were times when the latest series or toys weren't exactly what I was hoping for and what suddenly changed this year? Was it just that I finally snapped, that I realized my hopes would never be fulfilled? That can't be it, because I methodically collected EVERY Transformer from ALL the series - even the ones that I didn't particularly like - and was able to do this happily.

So what happened?

Strangely - the answer is...the Live Action Movie happened.

No - not the designs or the toys or Michael Bay. Worse - the live action movie effectively blew away everything that came before it. There IS NO WAY to tie the live action movie in with all the other Transformers series because for all intents and purposes - Optimus Prime in the live action movie "IS" G1 Prime. It's not Optimus Prime from an alternative time line, it's not Optimus Prime from a different dimmension. It's not one of many Optimus Primes in one of many universes in the "Transformers Multi-verse" that Unicron is trying to gobble up, where Unicron is the only constant who traverses the various dimmensions.

No.

It is THE Optimus Prime. And there is no multiverse.

It's a pure start-from-scratch movie that, while paying homage to what came before through designs, names, dialogue, characters and situations, is ultimately not just "it's own story" - it's THE story.

It forces you to chose 25 years of history or two hours of film making and leaves no room for compromise.

It tells you that your huge Transformers collection is just a pile of randomly accumulated crap that has nothing to do with 'real' Transformers, which are just now beginning.

And think about it. When Beast Wars came out, love it or hate it, it left G1 untouched. BM might have made us sore because Cybertron was turned into the Discovery World Channel at the end - but that was also in the far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar distant future - and what with time travel, worm holes and the like - it was forgivable. Armada was horrible crap, but Simon Furman cleaned up that mess by explaining in Worlds Collide that there were multiple dimmensions of idiocy, and this was just one of them, so if you didn't like it, just ignore it and stay in the dimension you DID like.

And I found myself able to then stay in the dimension I did like (G1) and incorporate elements, and characters and themes from the idiotic dimmensions to suit my purposes.

But there came a point where everything began to break down.

First was actually Animated. The design change was so drastic, the 'kiddification' so complete that it was really hard to have toys from the Transformers Animated line on the same shelf as the others.

I mean - up till then, you could put, say, G1 Sideswipe next to, say, Car Robots Machalert and it would be ok. You could certainly mix up the Unicron Trilogy line with Beast Wars. You could play with them together.

But Animated? They were just too drastically different - in both modes. The vehicles were too cartoony. Sure, you could argue that, say, Cybertron sucked because all the vehicles were "futuristic" and that's a cop out since it's easier to design a futuristic car that turns into a robot rather than try to make a real car (which was never intended to transform) hide a robot form. But at least it was still plausible to put them side by side and just say "one is from the future." Animal Transformers also - I personally prefered the "vannila" BW - the realistic animals... but I understood the appeal of mechanical animals as well..

It was always possible to mix everything up and that was fun.

But Animated was impossible to keep on the same shelf. Impossible to feature in the same plot line.

And then the Movie...the Movie...ist just blew everything away.

It was like... the movie was just...it just basically made it pointless to have toys from, say, 1985.

It's like - it made me feel old :(

It made me feel like I was watching something that was based on stuff that didn't exist anymore and could therefore take a free reign.

And maybe this is why ROTF Devastator pissed me off so much.

Fine. He didn't have to look like G1 Devastator. He could look like a ten ton gorrilla with bunny ears. But for Christs' sake - make the colors a menacing dirty grayish orange tinge. Or alter something so that it doesn't look so f-ing bad and ridiculous.

Hm...I'm trailing away from a coherent argument...

Anyways - it's just too much. Too fast.

I'm sitting here now, during my illness, reading Assimov's Elijah Baley/R Daneel books - I like how the novels follow eachother...even though sometimes there's a 30 year gap between when Asimov wrote one and when he wrote the next one.

And you know what? The entertainment industry USED TO LOOK LIKE THAT.

I mean - Marvel comics numbered into the 300s didn't they? Or more. I mean - when I was a kid in the 1980s, do you think that I went into a comic shop and picked up Spiderman #1 ever year?

Hell no!

(Now I'm finding the logic of my argument - bear with me)

When I was a kid - I went int to the comic shop and I would see Spiderman #400-something or other (a big number anyways!) And yeah, there were sometimes more than one title for the popular comics - to keep it on Spidey, I remember there was the Amazing Spiderman, and then there was also Peter Parker the something or other...I forgot now because I was never that into Spiderman in particular...but look - my point it - WE DID NOT GET YEARLY RE-BOOTS OF POPULAR MEDIA.

You could TELL that the Marvel comics stories had been going for years, DECADES even - and that if you were a kid coming into it for the first time, the producers at Mavel didn't think "man - we have to reboot the franchise once a year because little kids will never understand what it's all about."

Bull!

And hell - I didn't even have the internet back then! It's not like I could go on line to find back-issues on ebay or read about it on Wiki.

No!

I had to go off of two-sentence editors' notes that followed an asterix or the occasional re-telling of previous tales. Sometimes there were graphic novels or paperbacks - and of course then there was the best sensation - ACCIDENTALLY stumbling on stuff at comic stores.

Yet despite all of these informational gaps - I had NO TROUBLE getting to like these comic books and getting into the franchises.

Today - kids have all the information at their finger tips yet they are treated like ignoramuses. It is presumed they won't go back to watch last year's series on Youtube, so we need to construct a TOTALLY NEW ONE for this year.

It is also presumed that the attention span of your target audience will be roughly 5 months - or so it seems.

It's horrible!

And the result is fandoms full of ignoramuses who have no clue about the history of a franchise and don't know how to find it, and franchises which are nothing more than cheap reboots every year instead of epic stories that have been nurses and drawn out for decades.

The only salvation is themed websites - like MW for example - which sticks to enjoying a certain fandom.

But of course - if Kawamori suddenly rebooted Macross, retold the story from scratch, and not in the way of DYRL vs. SDFM TV - but the way that, say Armada "retells" G1 (insofar as they introduce big transforming robots, there is Prime and Megatron and they are on Earth) - then I'm sure our heads will explode in furious rage too.

In any event - now that Hasbro has the movie - they damn well better do a better job of taking care of it or it's just going to become like the blasted Batman movies.

Does anybody remembered the old Batman movies? Like other than the Jack Nicholson one? Does anybody care?

I would prefer a thousand times for a franchise I love to just STOP rather than have it continue needlessly.

Better to make new things than screw old things up.

Cough-hack hack

well...there's my latest rant on Transformers...I wonder where it will lead me... it kind of depends on what Hasbro/Takara-Tomy have just around the corner. Better be something good!

Pete

More Moaning and Groaning from Me [only this time, it's mixed in with a bad case of the flu ..;)]

So...somewhere between consciousness , semi-consciousness and another bout of coughing in the middle of the night, a thought struck me. Here goes:

Question:

How is it that I was able to remain a Transformers fan for so many years even though there were times when the latest series or toys weren't exactly what I was hoping for and what suddenly changed this year? Was it just that I finally snapped, that I realized my hopes would never be fulfilled? That can't be it, because I methodically collected EVERY Transformer from ALL the series - even the ones that I didn't particularly like - and was able to do this happily.

So what happened?

Strangely - the answer is...the Live Action Movie happened.

No - not the designs or the toys or Michael Bay. Worse - the live action movie effectively blew away everything that came before it. There IS NO WAY to tie the live action movie in with all the other Transformers series because for all intents and purposes - Optimus Prime in the live action movie "IS" G1 Prime. It's not Optimus Prime from an alternative time line, it's not Optimus Prime from a different dimmension. It's not one of many Optimus Primes in one of many universes in the "Transformers Multi-verse" that Unicron is trying to gobble up, where Unicron is the only constant who traverses the various dimmensions.

No.

It is THE Optimus Prime. And there is no multiverse.

It's a pure start-from-scratch movie that, while paying homage to what came before through designs, names, dialogue, characters and situations, is ultimately not just "it's own story" - it's THE story.

It forces you to chose 25 years of history or two hours of film making and leaves no room for compromise.

It tells you that your huge Transformers collection is just a pile of randomly accumulated crap that has nothing to do with 'real' Transformers, which are just now beginning.

No it's not. That huge pile is your retirement Fund ^_^

And think about it. When Beast Wars came out, love it or hate it, it left G1 untouched. BM might have made us sore because Cybertron was turned into the Discovery World Channel at the end - but that was also in the far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar distant future - and what with time travel, worm holes and the like - it was forgivable. Armada was horrible crap, but Simon Furman cleaned up that mess by explaining in Worlds Collide that there were multiple dimmensions of idiocy, and this was just one of them, so if you didn't like it, just ignore it and stay in the dimension you DID like.

And I found myself able to then stay in the dimension I did like (G1) and incorporate elements, and characters and themes from the idiotic dimmensions to suit my purposes.

And then the Movie...the Movie...ist just blew everything away.

It was like... the movie was just...it just basically made it pointless to have toys from, say, 1985.

It's like - it made me feel old :(

It made me feel like I was watching something that was based on stuff that didn't exist anymore and could therefore take a free reign.

But they killed optimus in the 1986 movie. Unless they brought him back somehow.

And maybe this is why ROTF Devastator pissed me off so much.

Fine. He didn't have to look like G1 Devastator. He could look like a ten ton gorrilla with bunny ears. But for Christs' sake - make the colors a menacing dirty grayish orange tinge. Or alter something so that it doesn't look so f-ing bad and ridiculous.

Anyways - it's just too much. Too fast.

I'm sitting here now, during my illness, reading Assimov's Elijah Baley/R Daneel books - I like how the novels follow eachother...even though sometimes there's a 30 year gap between when Asimov wrote one and when he wrote the next one.

And you know what? The entertainment industry USED TO LOOK LIKE THAT.

I mean - Marvel comics numbered into the 300s didn't they? Or more. I mean - when I was a kid in the 1980s, do you think that I went into a comic shop and picked up Spiderman #1 ever year?

Hell no!

(Now I'm finding the logic of my argument - bear with me)

When I was a kid - I went int to the comic shop and I would see Spiderman #400-something or other (a big number anyways!) And yeah, there were sometimes more than one title for the popular comics - to keep it on Spidey, I remember there was the Amazing Spiderman, and then there was also Peter Parker the something or other...I forgot now because I was never that into Spiderman in particular...but look - my point it - WE DID NOT GET YEARLY RE-BOOTS OF POPULAR MEDIA.

You could TELL that the Marvel comics stories had been going for years, DECADES even - and that if you were a kid coming into it for the first time, the producers at Mavel didn't think "man - we have to reboot the franchise once a year because little kids will never understand what it's all about."

Bull!

And hell - I didn't even have the internet back then! It's not like I could go on line to find back-issues on ebay or read about it on Wiki.

No!

I had to go off of two-sentence editors' notes that followed an asterix or the occasional re-telling of previous tales. Sometimes there were graphic novels or paperbacks - and of course then there was the best sensation - ACCIDENTALLY stumbling on stuff at comic stores.

Yet despite all of these informational gaps - I had NO TROUBLE getting to like these comic books and getting into the franchises.

Today - kids have all the information at their finger tips yet they are treated like ignoramuses. It is presumed they won't go back to watch last year's series on Youtube, so we need to construct a TOTALLY NEW ONE for this year.

It is also presumed that the attention span of your target audience will be roughly 5 months - or so it seems.

It's horrible!

And the result is fandoms full of ignoramuses who have no clue about the history of a franchise and don't know how to find it, and franchises which are nothing more than cheap reboots every year instead of epic stories that have been nurses and drawn out for decades.

The only salvation is themed websites - like MW for example - which sticks to enjoying a certain fandom.

But of course - if Kawamori suddenly rebooted Macross, retold the story from scratch, and not in the way of DYRL vs. SDFM TV - but the way that, say Armada "retells" G1 (insofar as they introduce big transforming robots, there is Prime and Megatron and they are on Earth) - then I'm sure our heads will explode in furious rage too.

In any event - now that Hasbro has the movie - they damn well better do a better job of taking care of it or it's just going to become like the blasted Batman movies.

Does anybody remembered the old Batman movies? Like other than the Jack Nicholson one? Does anybody care?

I would prefer a thousand times for a franchise I love to just STOP rather than have it continue needlessly.

Better to make new things than screw old things up.

Cough-hack hack

well...there's my latest rant on Transformers...I wonder where it will lead me... it kind of depends on what Hasbro/Takara-Tomy have just around the corner. Better be something good!

Pete

Marvel has gone back to its original numbering. no n #1 every Two years but now issues are hitting 600's and higher (Deadpool was 900 as a joke)

You mean the Batman movies after Tim Burton left the franchise? With George Clooney? the one with Val Kimer and Jim Carey was okay even though Chris O'Donnell was too old to play the role of robin.

Look at it like this... New fans and talent(if you'd call it that) have come into the TF Franchise. After the dust settles from the movies and everyone has lost their buzz from it. They'll all be clamoring for a series that is like the movies with a BA Optimus or whoever. They won't go for animated too kiddy. They'll want something grittier with a good story. Maybe the producer will step up to the plate and give the fans what they want. An that will be a reboot .

On that subject. Rumor has it that the new Batman series is going to be rebooted.

No it's not. That huge pile is your retirement Fund

I'd sooner die than retire. I have plent free time as is and have set up my life in such a way that I'll never get rich in the sense of having lots of pieces of paper with dead people on them or lots of digits next to my name in a bank's computer - but what I will have is what I do have: no boss, no hassel, no stress, no need to get up in the morning and be somewhere at 9 am, fresh air, a good loyal dog and a woman who loves me from time to time depending on her mood. And of course my Yamato collection, Gundams, SOCs, statues etc etc - but that's a given.

However - on all the other stuff - particularly this:

Look at it like this... New fans and talent(if you'd call it that) have come into the TF Franchise. After the dust settles from the movies and everyone has lost their buzz from it. They'll all be clamoring for a series that is like the movies with a BA Optimus or whoever. They won't go for animated too kiddy. They'll want something grittier with a good story. Maybe the producer will step up to the plate and give the fans what they want. An that will be a reboot .

On that subject. Rumor has it that the new Batman series is going to be rebooted.

I like this point of view.

I like this opinion. It's calm, it's hopeful and it's not full of melodrama.

Maybe it's because I'm high on a number of pills and medication right now - but I totally agree with you.

And I'm curios to see what they come up with.

I'd certainly support a new series with the movie atmosphere. As long as gritty doesn't become KEWLVIOLENCE!! then it's fine. I would also love a toy line that doesn't suck.

But yeah - let's hope you're right

Pete

I'd sooner die than retire. I have plent free time as is and have set up my life in such a way that I'll never get rich in the sense of having lots of pieces of paper with dead people on them or lots of digits next to my name in a bank's computer - but what I will have is what I do have: no boss, no hassel, no stress, no need to get up in the morning and be somewhere at 9 am, fresh air, a good loyal dog and a woman who loves me from time to time depending on her mood. And of course my Yamato collection, Gundams, SOCs, statues etc etc - but that's a given.

I need to go shoot something now

However - on all the other stuff - particularly this:

(see post)

I like this point of view.

I like this opinion. It's calm, it's hopeful and it's not full of melodrama.

Maybe it's because I'm high on a number of pills and medication right now - but I totally agree with you.

And I'm curios to see what they come up with.

I'd certainly support a new series with the movie atmosphere. As long as gritty doesn't become KEWLVIOLENCE!! then it's fine. I would also love a toy line that doesn't suck.

But yeah - let's hope you're right

Pete

I hope so too.

I' d like to see humans that are loyal to the deceptions.

Picked up ROTF Thrust yesterday. He's a repaint of Breakaway, but there's no goofy neon colors or tribal patterns aside from some funky logos on the vertical stabs.

I did the torso and neck mod and it helps. You can get the head up a little higher in bot mode and it can turn from side to side.

Jet mode has the usual TF kibble beneath it, but it's nowhere near as severe as Universe Silverbolt or ROTF Jetfire.

The only part I really dislike is the stupid toes on his feet.

Crappy phone pic:

4107254192_a55da285bc.jpg

Skull Leader's Lackey

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,482

Picked up ROTF Thrust yesterday. He's a repaint of Breakaway, but there's no goofy neon colors or tribal patterns aside from some funky logos on the vertical stabs.

I did the torso and neck mod and it helps. You can get the head up a little higher in bot mode and it can turn from side to side.

Jet mode has the usual TF kibble beneath it, but it's nowhere near as severe as Universe Silverbolt or ROTF Jetfire.

The only part I really dislike is the stupid toes on his feet.

Crappy phone pic:

The enthusiasm oooozes from each word :)

Pete

How enthusiastic should I be over a $10 toy? It's a pretty good, inexpensive figure and decent for a casual purchase.

Ah... this is the sweetness that Hasbro uses to rope you in...it's just a 10 buck toy...what's the big deal? I once thought as you do...

But then I started to count.

I noticed that I had several hundred of these "10 buck toys"

"How enthusiastic should I be over a $10 toys? I'ts a pretty good, inexpensive figure and decent for a casual purchase" sounds so innocent.

But let's translate it into the reality of being a Transformers collector:

"How enthusiastic should I be over seven hundred $10 toys? They're pretty good, inexpensive figures and decent for a casual purchase."

Oh really?

Thousand of dollars of "casual purchases" later - we look in horror at our shelves and closets only to find mounds upon mounds of "pretty good" figures.

Is that really what we want out of life?

Do we really want things that are "pretty good" - in abundance?

Or would it maybe be better to have quantitavely less things but have them all be up to snuff, quality wise?

I guess I'm reminiscing because yesterday I finally got around to cleaning and firmly putting my collection on display on TWO SHELVES in a walk in closet.

Yes - just two shelves.

And those two shelves are packed full of excellence that did not come cheap and easy - quantitavely, there are probably no more than about 60 figures there.

There used to be maybe 600.

But those sixty are all top of the line true gems that I think are worth more than a casual purchase.

And I think to myself that this is preferable than drinking the Transformers Kool Aid... it's so easy to convince yourself that it's just 10 bucks here, 10 bucks there - no biggie.

But IMO... it's how they get you hooked on terrible toys.

It's a cycle that must be broken.

It's time I stopped writing I guess :)

Pete

ranting against TFs for ...what is it...at least a year? Or maybe just a month?

WTF dude? :blink:

I bought Thrust because I like transforming toys of any kind, particularly aircraft.

My collection consists of most of the first run of Classics TFs, a smattering of the Universe figures, Several Binaltechs and MP Convoy and ones and twos of various other Transformers over the years.

I have 3 Yamato 1/60 valks: YF-21, Hikaru 1J, and VE-1.

My entire collection fits in a single Detolf display case.

I only buy figures if I like the way they look. I rarely buy repaints.

I'm not a "collector". I'm not a completist. I don't have a collection anything like what you're describing.

Hasbro has really dropped the ball on their brand. It's no coincidence that their marketing goes into hibernation whenever a TF movie hits theaters or shelves. What harm could it possibly do to let fans know what's down the road beyond Bay's little project?

Well, fans have also dropped the ball - there's been very little speculation. But then, how can you blame them? I mean - what are the chances that the next cartoon will feature two groups of Transforming intelligent living robots from the planet Cybertron who crash land on Earth and duke it out over something or other, and that one side will feature a leader with the name Prime and the other will feature Megatron?

See - this is what happens when you so dilute the continuity that it explodes in your face, Hasbro. This is what's left.

Either the new cartoon MUST become a tie in with the live action movie...like maybe they should make a Live Action Series? Like Terminator: Chronicles of Sarah Conor, only Transformers?

OR

the cartoon must make a fresh start but be a huge twist on worn concepts (kind of like Beast Wars was).

Make a whole new cast of characters ...I dunno..

I'm gonna stop because already I feel the urge to write seven more pages...

Pete

Yeah, I know :) I just have a habit of ranting about Transformers in this thread :) Hopefully it's mildly amusing :)

Pete

It's not.

We get it. It's getting tiresome. At least to me.

No offense though, seriously.

(I'd use an emoticon to lighten the tone of my post, but I am a curmudgeon and hate emoticons)

Ah... this is the sweetness that Hasbro uses to rope you in...it's just a 10 buck toy...what's the big deal? I once thought as you do...

But then I started to count.

I noticed that I had several hundred of these "10 buck toys"

"How enthusiastic should I be over a $10 toys? I'ts a pretty good, inexpensive figure and decent for a casual purchase" sounds so innocent.

But let's translate it into the reality of being a Transformers collector:

"How enthusiastic should I be over seven hundred $10 toys? They're pretty good, inexpensive figures and decent for a casual purchase."

That's the great thing about being me.

I only buy a few Transformers. Specifically, those I find to be awesome.

Sure there's the occasional dud that looks good in photos but not on the shelf.

Animated Slag*backspace*Snarl got by on nostalgia(G1 Slag was my favorite Transformer for quite a while, due in no small part to triceratops beign my favorite dinosaur at the time), and shelved later because he was just too stumpy. As an example.

But for the most part, I think the toys I have were worth it, even if about half of them have been shuffled into the closet with G1 for lack of space.

But I'm pretty selective.

I've only got FOUR live-action movie toys(ignoring repaints from other lines, like Crasher.) And the best two of those weren't even movie characters(Wreckage and Arcee ver. 1)

NONE of my G1 toys are on display. I can't pose them, and they just look too out of place.

And Slag's chrome is all worn off and he won't stand up unaided anyways. :(

I suppose we could create a seperate "VFT1's Transformer B!tching" thread for VFT1 to rant, I am tired of ranting and ranting and not much toy discussion!

Btw my Buster Prime is being shipped from Japan as to speak B))

Edited by ntsan

US MP TC---not for a long time, if ever. Grimlock is coming next year.
Even then I wonder how different the US version of Thundercracker would turn out. I prefer the gloss of the Japanese version and the printed details all over. It's one beautiful piece.

I might just buy the Japanese Grimlock, sure undoubtedly it costs more but seeing how all US MP's differ from the Japanese versions, I wonder if the US version will even come with all the extra stuff like the platter, apron, et al.

I would assume US MP TC would have black tailfins and silver intakes. Probably change all the dark blue to black (like I did).

At first glance MP-07 looks about the most G1 of the 3, but up close it's no better than SW, if not worse.

Of course, Hasbro could go for anime-accurate and ruin it with pale flat sky blue. (I still don't know what they were going for with the US SS----orangey scarlet accents on nigh-white base? SS is GREY with nice deep crimson red accents) Of course, that's been my complaint about most all Hasbro red TFs for years---it's all that same scarlet plastic, never a deep true red.

True red is what a 1/48 Milia is made of. THAT is red plastic. Hasbro only ever gives orangey "almost red".

I would assume US MP TC would have black tailfins and silver intakes. Probably change all the dark blue to black (like I did).

At first glance MP-07 looks about the most G1 of the 3, but up close it's no better than SW, if not worse.

Of course, Hasbro could go for anime-accurate and ruin it with pale flat sky blue. (I still don't know what they were going for with the US SS----orangey scarlet accents on nigh-white base? SS is GREY with nice deep crimson red accents) Of course, that's been my complaint about most all Hasbro red TFs for years---it's all that same scarlet plastic, never a deep true red.

True red is what a 1/48 Milia is made of. THAT is red plastic. Hasbro only ever gives orangey "almost red".

Then wouldn't that figure be Skywarp?