Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Not sure why you keep bringing the model kit up, seeing as I have not once compared the DX 27 to it, favorably or not. The model kit isn't perfect either, as it uses a few cheats for its transformation.

All I have done is remarked that the DX 27's legs (or rather hips) are mounted as high as the 25, and the thighs are higher than the anime, both of which are true. If that's too much for you to comprehend, then that's your problem, not mine. All the long-winded rants in the world will not change that.

I haven't bothered making any remarks as to whether this is good or bad, as the fighter mode is what I like best about this DX.

Some people get too uptight when people don't agree with them and simply will not tolerate dissent.

Kind of like how I don't think Roy's valk in DYRL had a color-changing heatshield. It's a fine line between "canon" and "mistake/laziness".

Eh, light from different angles does funny things to certain materials (especially translucent ones) and who knows how OTM materials affects it. :lol:

But yeah, just paid Ami Ami. I saw the poster when I did the pre-order yesterday. Does that mean I'll get the poster or not? Half off the shipping was nice.

Sent a bunch of money to Ami Ami. Now the waiting begins...

:mellow:

BTW, what was the final shipped price for the VF-27 from Anime Export?

If my math is right its about $169-$170 shipped and that's with EMS shipping (3 days from overseas). Not bad considering most online stores here in the states will charge you $200 and up before the shipping AND it could take about a week before you can get your hands on it.. (processing BS, distance, weather, weekend delays etc)

Edited by holytoledo69

Wasn't there a VF-27 fold booster protoype/mockup shown way back in antiquity? I vaguely remember people complaining about the pink color.

The one Brera used with Ranka looked the same as the one Mikhail and Ranka took to Gallia. I figured they were both the same LAI model, but possible I was wrong... Both are slightly pink and flatter than the Macross Plus/Macross 7 Fold Booster. IIRC the VF-27 includes the mount for it, but not the boosta itself. Don't think I want to pay $100+Shipping on evil bay when i don't really want the speaker pods or missiles. Wouldn't mind having standing Ranka with legs to go with the Foldo Boosta, though. Anyone want to split it? :D

Fighter mode is just beautiful!

Gerwalk is ok, only tried it once but the legs do seem much better then the 25.

Battriod is very nice, just the gun is so big its hard to get a good pose.

Transformation is almost the same, a few different parts like the shoulders now 'lock' in place.

Overall I love it and hope they release the 'green' version soon!

Edited by Daiohma

If my math is right its about $169-$170 shipped and that's with EMS shipping (3 days from overseas). Not bad considering most online stores here in the states will charge you $200 and up before the shipping AND it could take about a week before you can get your hands on it.. (processing BS, distance, weather, weekend delays etc)

still a little bit more than amiami ended up being. I got a payment request last night, 14000 yen exactly (about 156 dollars). their regular shipping is expensive though, there email said shipping+handling was reguarlerly 4560 yen (nearly 50 bucks) but they had half off shipping.

I was 14000 yen exact, as well (just out of LA, California).

Daiohma, that's from the Gallia set right? Jealous!

I wish Bandai would do a general release accessory set that ami ami, hlj, etc can pick up. Not interested in speaker pods, though. Gimme Reaction Missiles, a standing Ranka, Sheryl, maybe a crouched/flight EX-Gear Alto, and the Foldo Boosta.

I was 14000 yen exact, as well (just out of LA, California).

Daiohma, that's from the Gallia set right? Jealous!

I wish Bandai would do a general release accessory set that ami ami, hlj, etc can pick up. Not interested in speaker pods, though. Gimme Reaction Missiles, a standing Ranka, Sheryl, maybe a crouched/flight EX-Gear Alto, and the Foldo Boosta.

Yes it is, there where two in a my local hobby shop. I think the other is still there.

I also got the ghost set and a 'space fold' VF-25 dx from there. ^_^

Damn that's nice. Paint and printing seem pretty solid/not prone to chipping?

So far no chips or anything, hope it stays that way.

I also got 14,000 yen shipped for my VF-27 from ami ami. I find it funny that the regular EMS would have been a whooping 4.560yen. Hell the quarter costed 4,700 yen if shipped normally. How big is the box on the DX 27?

i think this is a case of jacking up the price before putting in on 50% off sale... :rolleyes:

EMS from HLJ for the VF-27 is just 2800 JPY... and the box, at 36 x 27 x 8 cm is just a little taller than the Alto or Ozma standalone while the width and depth are just about the same.

Forgot how frustrating the DX Armor Pack can be. After months of having my Armored Ozma on display in battroid mode, I decided to transform him to fighter mode and nearly ended up throwing the blasted thing at the wall. <_< Everytime you add one part, another part pops off somewhere else. Finally got it all done and to be fair, the toy is quote solid once everything is on, but getting there can be a trial, especially if you want to attach the gunpod in fighter mode (doable, but makes things even more tricky).

Also, found my VF-25G DX has transformed into a froppy mess. Only transformed it about 2-3 times when I got it, then put it in the display cabinet in battroid mode. Took it out for the first time in months only to find the arms, hips and crotch lock are now really lose........ :angry:

I've come to the conclusion that the VF-25 DX toys are only fun without any Armor Paccks or Super Packs fitted. Add packs and it's an instant cause of high blood pressure!

In contrast, the VF-27DX is such a pleasant contrast. Easy to transform, yet sufficiently tight, locks together well and nothing falls off.

I really hope Bandai decides to release a ver.2 VF-25, with the improvements in design and attention to detail of the VF-27.

Graham