Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

the example shown in the last pictures does not sport all the printed details of the one shown last page. It also be interesting to know if the battroid's crotch can angle out a bit more or its going to stay flat (as shown consistently in every shot so far).

from the pictures, the fighter and gerwalk modes leave nothing to complain about.

And the Brera and Ranka figures in the DX VF-27 cockpit look a good deal more detailed and better painted than the blobs we get for pilots in the DX VF-25 toy.

Graham

I think the pilots look larger as well in relation to the cockpit. The VF-25 pilots were about the same size as the gummi pilots that came with the 1/72 M+ valks (and have just about as much detail).

I think the pilots look larger as well in relation to the cockpit. The VF-25 pilots were about the same size as the gummi pilots that came with the 1/72 M+ valks (and have just about as much detail).

I just hope they put some more cockpit detail in this time. The 2 figure pics give me some hope.

Whoa those pics make the crotch look huge and the legs look much higher up than before. Don't like that, but still leaps and bounds better than the VF-25.

But the pilot figures look very nice; even better than the 1/72 model pilots. Gonna pick one up for the fighter and gerwalk modes at the very least.

A vf-27 will definately be my first DX, but like David, I'll wait for either the cannon fodder or grace version. Not keen on Brera's color scheme. Total awesomeness for the design though, putty they couldn't do this for the main valk in the show. Now hopefully the markings won't rub off.

Chris

Now if they'll only sculpt a flightsuit Grace for the green one... (sadly, that'd be the first piece of Grace merchandise ever AFAIK)

there are a couple hentai doujinshi with Grace in it.

the 1/250 VF-27 beta is supposedly a mass production type, but if you look closely at the head, its a commander type like Grace used.

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

Yeah, I also had the impression the crotch looks bigger and the legs look a bit higher up than earlier pictures...and so far we've not seen the battroid mode do different poses besides standing tall and pretty...but I still think this is going to be my first Frontier DX.

By the way, has anybody translated this before? I would like to know what does it say about "special characteristics", "February" and "March"...

BTW. anyone wonders if it will have a stand? It should not be an SMS stand!

post-9400-1261675461_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

By the way, has anybody translated this before? I would like to know what does it say about "special characteristics", "February" and "March"...

BTW. anyone wonders if it will have a stand? It should not be an SMS stand!

Early buyers in February will get a bonus poster. Then if one buys a DX Chogokin again from March onwards, you get another poster which combined with the February poster becomes one special giant poster.

Edited by Vifam7

there are a couple hentai doujinshi with Grace in it.

I meant more like a figure/stature/toy or something.

the 1/250 VF-27 beta is supposedly a mass production type, but if you look closely at the head, its a commander type like Grace used.

What where? I haven't heard of this at all.

Early buyers in February will get a bonus poster. Then if one buys a DX Chogokin again from March onwards, you get another poster which combined with the February poster becomes one special giant poster.

Thanks Vifam7! Appreciate the translation!

Wonder if buyers from retail shops in HK will get the poster...wait, they want us to buy 2 consecutive Brera's to make one giant poster?!!?!?!

gimme a Macross Galaxy patch themed stand please!

Thanks Vifam7! Appreciate the translation!

Wonder if buyers from retail shops in HK will get the poster...wait, they want us to buy 2 consecutive Brera's to make one giant poster?!!?!?!

gimme a Macross Galaxy patch themed stand please!

I think it means one poster comes with the Brera VF-27 in February, then a different poster will come with all the DX's starting in March.

I may/probably am imagining things, but the VF-25 that comes with the tornado pack looks 'different' than the one I have. The crotch angles out more (like the lineart) than it will naturally (unless they're using the rolled up paper trick) and the GERWALK mode looks more...stable.

Again, probably just my imagination.

still wondering if these latest magazine scans show the final product, because the previous promotional shots of the toy revealed considerably more printed details.

Oh, and we finally see the battroid do poses other than standing up.

Edited by regult

Look at the beautiful leg stance of the VF-27 in Gerwalk Mode.

Now THAT's how it should have been done.

It's annoying to me, that the hobby mag scan shows the Tornado pack ofn the new bluish-white VF-25F (which I dislike). I hope the production toy comes with a standard white VF-25F.

And yes, I have that magazine and it's definitely shown with the bluish white VF-25F.

Graham

I kept seeing the movie version of the VF-25F when i was in HKG a few weeks ago. I was sorely tempted to pick up a new Macross toy but i already had the original VF-25F but without the super pack parts. Still another VF-25F in the stable was too much and my wife would kill me.

I can't wait for the VF-27 though. It is an awesome plane in its own right. looks good. i hope they fix the problem with the loose elbow joints. I had the VF-25G posed with the sniper rifle in hand but it can't hold a decent shooter's pose for long and now it looks like it is aiming down for good.

but Graham, doesn't the Tornado Pack appears only in the movie version VF-25F? technically blueish valk+Tornado pack is anime-accurate!

Haven't seen the Frontier movie yet, but all the CG pics and screen shots in the 3 movie guide books, plus recent hobby magazines show the movie version VF-25F with Tornado Pack as white, not bluish-white.

Even Bandai's own 1/250 scale VF-25F Tornado Pack toy has a white Valk.

I think the bluish tint on Bandai's 1/60 'so-called' VF-25F Super movie version toy, is just something dreamed up by Bandai execs to milk the molds and sell more toys, not an actual color scheme that appears in the movie.

Graham

point taken!

maybe the animation in the film shows the white -F under a darker light, and Bandai decided it was a good chance to milk the ugly mold...what about the lighter super packs? do they even exist in the film?

Any ideas when the green VF-27 may come out? I am starting to dig the Grace custom more than the Brera one...

Yes let me correct my post a bit from before. The VF-25F i saw was the "movie" version but basically it was the VF-25F+super pack(in bluish tint). Yes Bandai was milking the molds. Although if i understand it correctly from the dude at the store, the VF-25F was the 2nd version with the extra holes. But since i didn't buy it, i cannot confirm.

VF-27 is in february, if i recall correctly the fodder version is 2 months after or something.

Seriously though, give me a VF-171!

It's annoying to me, that the hobby mag scan shows the Tornado pack ofn the new bluish-white VF-25F (which I dislike). I hope the production toy comes with a standard white VF-25F.

And yes, I have that magazine and it's definitely shown with the bluish white VF-25F.

Graham

My gf helped me translate the text in that page. According to her, the translation states that the Tornado pack VF-25 will be based on the release from November (read: bluish) with some color variations... I guess this is referring to the red color. The Tornado's red stripes appear to be the same color as the first release and not the darker tone that the bluish VF-25 has.