The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Yep, especially if you got the 2 disc version of the animated movie. Hasbro at the time was on a huge kick of killing main characters to bring in new ones, but after Transformers they backed down. Hence Duke was in a comma in Gi Joe when originally he was supposed to die, also something like that was originally planned for Rainbow Brite surprisingly enough but then scrapped.

Serves me right for being so cheap! My DVD was released by KID RHINO home video and the only extras I got are STORYBOARD and

Interview with the Composer!! :angry: Now I'll have to buy the 2 disc set!!! :D

10 days and there are STILL people who haven't see it? Didn't you believe the HYPE? :D

Like I'm sure I've said several times, it's not out until the end of July over here, but thanks for the usual America = The World mindset.

Ok. Really.

We need a pissing contest about how long the movie has been out now too?

For my part posting spoiler-ish comments really was a mistake driven by my incorrect assumption that people who'd been posting recently had already seen the film. Regardless of what country they reside.

PS - I also don't read any movie threads about movies I want to see once the movie is released until I've seen it. But that's just my strategy on how avoid spoilers.

-b.

I'm gonna sideskirt the spoiler arguements just to say that the Starscream shuttle interception scene had me dreaming about a Live Action Macross movie. That plus the fact that I recently got the second VF-1 Master File. *Sigh* Someday.

Anyway, back on topic. I enjoyed this one a lot more than Revenge

I know it's easy to be careless on the internet, and to be honest it's just a movie so I'm not offended that much anyway. I just think it's a little unfair that this is taken so lightly when in the Frontier Movie 2 thread people are threatened with instant bans if they don't spoiler-tag everything, which means I have had to keep my mouth shut about it for over half a year now (the podcast was handled pretty well, though, so thanks to Tochiro for editing that). What I'd like is a little more consideration/equality. I think Japan got ROTF before the US, and I don't remember it being that hard to keep some things under wraps (then again, it was basically the same movie..). Anyway, people have apologized and I of course realize they meant no harm, so I'm not blaming anyone for any malicious intent. It's just that people tend to forget that the internet is international.

Edit-- I dunno about any "pissing contest", though. :huh:

I'm gonna sideskirt the spoiler arguements just to say that the Starscream shuttle interception scene had me dreaming about a Live Action Macross movie.

I thought the same thing during the first movie's dogfight over the city, and I'm sure I remember people here saying the same thing!

I enjoyed this one a lot more than Revenge

Yeah, a lot of people are saying this. Is this the general concensus?

Edited by Renato

So I went back and read the last few pages. Some of you guys had some hilarious comments. Especially regarding Bumblebee's "condition" and Optimus' persona. Well done

I thought the same thing during the first movie's dogfight over the city, and I'm sure I remember people here saying the same thing!Yeah, a lot of people are saying this. Is this the general concensus?

I think the scene in this one captured the possibilities of a Macross movie even better for me. But it wasn't really a dogfight or anything. I actually don't remember the scene from the first one that well though.

I think that is the general consensus. But I have heard one or two people who disagree.

I agree, Megan is Hot, but Rosie is classy. It's like one you would date, and the other you would marry. :D

Yea, I agree that Rosie seemed a lot more classy (maybe it's the accent) and that's quite a feat with Bay shoving the camera up her skirt every five minutes ^_^

Edited by Raptor One

Like I'm sure I've said several times, it's not out until the end of July over here, but thanks for the usual America = The World mindset.

I was definitely a contributor to the spoilers and for that I apologize. I usually try to tag everything that may be anywhere near a spoiler, it was a genuine mistake on my part.

Yeah, a lot of people are saying this. Is this the general concensus?

I dunno about consensus, but I'll go on record as saying it's the best of the three, by far.

Which STILL makes it average at best. Any director that can make a chase through a collapsing skyscraper BORING should be fired. Out of a cannon.

However the crack about the United States was uncalled for! :angry:

Don't deny it, comrade. You and I both know that the US is responsible for every bit of evil in the world. :rolleyes:

[...]

PS - I also don't read any movie threads about movies I want to see once the movie is released until I've seen it. But that's just my strategy on how avoid spoilers.

[...]

Only speaking for myself here, but I never enter a thread for a movie I haven't seen or game I haven't played.

[...]

This looks like the safest way, indeed, but when the release of the movie/game in your country is several weeks away, this implies that you have to read pages and pages and pages and... before being able to post your message once you've finally watched/played the thing, which can be seen as tiring or something like that.

Well, I guess there's no perfect solution anyway :)

Well done Mr. Bay, you have outdone yourself! I thought this movie going to suck and i have a very low expectation before going to the movie, and with some wonders you managed to shattered all my expectations (which is none).

in a very bad way....

I thought i never could say this, but i thought second one was better. The first ten minutes was the finest moment for the the third one, and none of the major characters were involved.

I was watching the g1 cartoon yesterday and caught another scene that was also in DOTM. The episode is from season 2 and is titled Atlantis Arise.

When the decepticons enter D.C. Megatron and Starscream arrive at the Lincoln Monument. In the Cartoon, Megatron removes Lincoln and sits in his chair. In the movie, Megatron blast Lincoln away and sits in his place.

I've also given spoilers away, so I'm sorry to those who haven't seen the film yet.

Finally saw it in IMax 3D, wow. I was expecting a repeat or slightly better version of ROTF. This movie is the best of all three, and one of Bay's best movies is general. IGN got that one right. I do wish there were more Bot scenes but even with the huge human cast I was very happy. Some characters are thow aways but man I felt Patrick Dempsey stole the show. Action was awesome, the 3D was done right and it defintely a good way to end his run of TFormers. If the other movies were at this caliber just image how this trilogy could've have really been. I actually left with the need to get some DOTM toys. Mission Accomplished lol.

Edited by kanedaestes

Don't deny it, comrade. You and I both know that the US is responsible for every bit of evil in the world. :rolleyes:

Keith actually didn't pick up your sarcasm, and agrees to hate America.

I liked the movie. There were a few korny party, but not enough to piss me off.

Finally saw it in IMax 3D, wow. I was expecting a repeat or slightly better version of ROTF. This movie is the best of all three, and one of Bay's best movies is general. IGN got that one right. I do wish there were more Bot scenes but even with the huge human cast I was very happy. Some characters are thow aways but man I felt Patrick Dempsey stole the show. Action was awesome, the 3D was done right and it defintely a good way to end his run of TFormers. If the other movies were at this caliber just image how this trilogy could've have really been. I actually left with the need to get some DOTM toys. Mission Accomplished lol.

THE NUMBER 1 MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!!! ^_^ Yes, I'm just that excited about it!

Edited by aerocombatpilot

Except in China. It has yet to be released there. When it is, I'm sure it will be heavily edited.

No foreign film has been allowed to be released in Chine's theaters in the last few months mostly because of the 90th anniversary of the founding China Communist Party.

The party has been pushing elaborate stat produced propaganda films about Mao and Chines history particularly the last century and a animated film which is eventually a Anti kung fu Panda film about a Rabbit who uses Kung fu to fight a Large Panda.

The party has been pushing elaborate stat produced propaganda films about Mao and Chines history particularly the last century and a animated film which is eventually a Anti kung fu Panda film about a Rabbit who uses Kung fu to fight a Large Panda.

Is there a link to this strange and wonderful film?

No foreign film has been allowed to be released in Chine's theaters in the last few months mostly because of the 90th anniversary of the founding China Communist Party.

MOD EDIT - NO POLITICS!

My gripes about Bayformers are nothing compared to my grievances against that P.O.S.

Edited by azrael