Reasons why Yamato should make a Regult

ff95gj

Who wouldn't buy the Regult????  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wouldn't buy one?

• I'll get one for sure.
    • Where's the preorder link?
    • I will not get one. I'll get three. First.
    • No, Regult sucks.

Reason number 1: Yamato owes us.

If that isn't enough, here are more reasons:

- It fits the "milk the mold" policy. We have the Regult, Regult small missile launcher, Regult large missile launcher, Regult scout, and Regult DYRL. And a weathering version for each of them. That's 10!

- After buying so many valks, a lot of people are itching to find some bad guys for the valks to shoot at. It gets boring after many "let's get the best armament and take off to fight some bad guys" photos, and the story pauses there.

- A lot of crazy guys will get multiple of them. Given that it is a niche market that you don't get many new customers, it's important that the old ones buy more.

- It rocks.

- PLEASSSSSEEEE?

Only if there is a poseable Zentran soldier in 1:60 scale included.

If it's going to be as craptastic as the 1/60 Quid Rau - then I'd rather they not waste their resources on it.

Pete

Hm....actually i thought those were pretty ok, just that the Millia's was on the slightly loose side... but anyway.... HELL YEAH I want those Regults, Glaugs and Nousjadel-Gers!

- Will the Regult be an actual 1/60 scale? Cause a Zentradi is the size of a VF-1, and he has to fit inside that pod which towers the Valks when standing up. The Qaud Rau isn't a true 1/60? The millia figure is tiny next to a Valk. And I thought Meltran and Zentradis were the same size? So hopefully it won't be this scale.

- Support for the legs. The weight of the body when cause stress, so proper engineering is need there, especially QC of the plastic used.

- Who voted regults suck? :angry::p LOL Very brave though! :D

Edited by Omegablue

Despite the anime showing the zentrans the same size as battroids, fact is that zentrans are noticeably smaller than the VF-1, so the Qrau was probably ok

In the series Max on the Zentradi wore one of their uniforms. In DYRL Focker's Valk seemed pretty much the same size as the Zentran he fought? And all the comparisons in Frontier?

I dunno, especially since the Millia fig is about a third of a 1/60...

Edited by Omegablue

Only if there is a poseable Zentran soldier in 1:60 scale included.

If it's going to be as craptastic as the 1/60 Quid Rau - then I'd rather they not waste their resources on it.

Pete

Thanks for that craptastic toy you sold me. :lol:

A Regult from Yamato is long over due. Plus I can see selling it with switchable accessories. Sorta like a large scale version of the Revoltech.

Your welcome :)

Just to be clear - I think Yamato could have given its' Quid Rau more poseability, more stability, more features, and a poseable Milia who could take her jacket off to reveal sexy lingerie underneath.

The Regults can easily be made to be in scale with the VF-1s - it's just the long legs - and those can be "folded" so the box doesn't have to be huge. Take it out and unfold the legs and you're good to go.

The Zentran inside should come with a Minmey Ninio.

Pete

Although the Qu-Rau might be 1/60 or a close approximation (it does not say that it is on the box) it should not be used for reference. Either the Mecha and/or the pilot figure are out of scale.

If you compare the one pic with the figure to the 1/60 destroid fig it looks close IF Mira is on the small side for a Zentran. Otherwise the Mira 639 fig needs to be at least 1-2 inches taller and then it might get close to appropriate size shown in the anime which I believed showed Zentraidi being a little bit smaller than a VF-1 in batroid mode. Even in the lineart pic I included Mira should be around the same height as the leg missile pod or higher.

Also if you figure in Macross Frontier as example things get really out of wack cause the Zentradi almost as tall as a VF-25 batroid which is taller than a VF-1 in batroid mode..............or maybe Klan Klan is a super amazonian version of a Zentradi........both thoughts give me a headache.

Needless to say all enemy mecha need to come with a pilot. It doesn't necessarily have to be possable but maybe as a gimmick they offer you the cockpit fig and a standing display fig for reference like they do with the Mira 639. I was kind of sh**ing on my Qu-Rau recently till I picked up the Mira 639 figures and now it is awesome sauce in my books, despite the possability problems. Also if they are going to come out with any of these they need to get the same guys who made their destroids. The Destroids are almost perfect. I would like the ankle joints to be more resisantant to floppiness with age and I am still trying to figure out a way to make the waist stiffer on my Tomahawk but I still :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: them. But that might be my inner Battletech geek talking.

post-9075-1245422297_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1245422427_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1245422439_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1245424323_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1245424776_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

How many people surfing here have NOT bought an awesome Revoltech Regult yet?

It's darn affordable, tons of tampo-printing and fun like heck to pose.

Probably too many have not bought. That's why I'm worried Yamato won't do the Regult.

I have only one Revy Regult but plan to get 2 more and would do at least the same with the 1/60 line.

My vote is in . . .

Reasons why Yamato should make a Regult:

hmm....It's a non transforming limited articulated ball with two leggs and just two colors pattern, will not be expensive to make or produce, slap a "limited" sticker to it, and charge +200 for it

6 months later, when their "limited" batch is all sold, release add-on attachment to make it into a heavy or scout regult and charge +60 for it

4 months later, when everyone who bought the "limited" regult and add-on, then re-releases it with improved leg articulation so it won't keep falling head first, bundled with the add-on for +250

2 months lagter, Yamato wipes their ass with all the money with iven them by buying their toys and laughs like madman

Yamato would be crazy NOT to do this

I'd buy one but no way in hell for 200 bucks. At most should be 3 for 100 bucks. I'll live if it can't fit a little 1/60 zentran soldier but if that's the case I'd like one a nice posable one packaged along side it. And by nice, I don't mean pvc crap like their bubblegum figures but something along the lines of the of the newer posable GI-JOE and SW action figures.

Considering Yamato is making destroids I'd be less than surprised if they did come out with one. I'd still not buy it though. the regult is a chicken walker rip off only more egg shaped.

now what yamato REALLY owes us is a v2 Q-Rau

seriously, since the original Q-Rau was released we've seen 2 generations of improved VF-1's; radically improved Mac+ valks; and a whole line of DESTROIDS; and they have the nerve to reissue the same old Q-Rau with no improvements and fewer accessories (not that it hand any to begin with) for as much as a brand new destroid or VF-1. <_<

A Q-Rau that matches the design and build quality levels of the current destroids and that include a good looking (preferably articulated) pilot figure for the same price the current destroid line is going for; that's what they really owe us.

Not to mention that everything on the Q-Rau needs to be scaled and proportioned properly this time. Pilot fig of the original is to small.

I would also sacrifice some anime accuracy if you could move those ankles around some more, put a joint or to in the feet, allow way more side to side hip movement and a total rethink on how the claws work.

Finally even if they do a Regult (which I would get), I actually want a Glaug more.

Edited by logos

A thread like this pops up every once in a while and we always fantasize about how cool it would be to have Regults in scale with all our Yamato valks. It seems to me that it is much more of a possibility now. With the recent retooling of the 1/60 and all the destroid love (and not to mention the SuperDamnFreaking huge capital ship in the works), we have a real fighting chance.

Wouldn't it be nice for them to improve the Qrau a little and put out a TV version of it first? It seems like they could test the waters on the enemy mechs with this one first.

I think one of the issues of it's design delay might be in keeping the Regult to stand up. Either a stand could be use, but then would ruin the visual of it. Or they would have to use those type of Lego ratchet joints. Guess all depends on the weight of the pod and pilot?

Also I too would like Queadlunn Rau V2, as well the pink/purple versions from DYRL.

regults would be great but if they're priced similar to the destroids, i don't see why anyone would really buy them.

yeah they're cool and it would be the first regult toy since the 80's but $100+ for a non-tramsforming toy....i don't think so.

@agent ghq,

because they hold the movie license and not the TV license, plus the rau didn't sell all that well.

anyone who actually owns this toy knows its not that great. yeah its the only rau toy out but just because its the only one doesn't make it good. only now are people trying to pick them up and those are mostly new collectors that just got into the hobby.

Why can't Yamato reapaint the existing Q-Rau in olive green from the DYRL movie?

There are actual sculpt differences between the TV and DYRL versions.

queadluun-rau.gifqueadluun-rau-dyrl.gif

But more importantly, the existing Q-Rau kind of sucks. I believe it was designed before yamato went to CAD, and design wise it looks really primitive to yamato's newer offerings. The whole design just doesn't look as good as new stuff, and it doesn't have any really fine detail. Also the articulation is crap compared to most new stuff.

It was cool when it first came out (right in the middle of the v.1 1/60's run) but now it just looks cheap compared to the equally priced destroids.

Personally I don't care if they do TV or movie sculpt, I'd buy both. But now that Yamato's shown how awesome they can make a non transforming macross mech (destroids) and since they've done updated versions of every other mech they've done (except the VA-6) it only seems right that they do.

as for the Regult, I might get one, but they'd need to be really detailed and be relatively inexpensive; as in fully detailed cockpit with nicely sculpted articulated pilot for about around 9,800 yen (they should also throw in little 1/60 scale Kakizaki, Hikaru and Misa (either holding a giant radio mic or kissing Hikaru) figures.

If they aren't selling well, then how come there's a a 2nd run and so on?? As far as the license issue is concern, what's the difference? It's still Bigwest which is the true owner of Macross, no?? And if they don't hold the TV license, they why are we getting TV scheme??

Edited by Agent-GHQ

If they aren't selling well, then how come there's a a 2nd run and so on?? As far as the license issue is concern, what's the difference? It's still Bigwest which is the true owner of Macross, no?? And if they don't hold the TV license, they why are we getting TV scheme??

because demand went up.

how long has it been its it was first released?, sat as a shelf warmer?, put on sale?, then put on clearance?

only now, years later did they do a 2nd run and probably a small run at that.

as far as the licensing issues, you know where to take that discussion.

all i know is its been a question for the ages.

If they aren't selling well, then how come there's a a 2nd run and so on?? As far as the license issue is concern, what's the different. It's still Bigwest which is the true owner of Macross, no?? And if they don't hold the TV license, they why are we getting TV scheme??

There was a second run because Yamato still had the old molds from 2004 sitting around and it cost them relatively little to churn out a second run of toys to capitalize on the success of the (then) new 1/60 v.2 line. as I recall the original run of the Q-rau sold poorly back in '04, and I don't know for a fact but I get the impression that the reissue hasn't been selling all that fast either.

And at no point has anyone said there were ANY license issues related to yamato releasing a TV Q-Rau. The reason they haven't released a TV scheme is because to do a PROPER TV scheme they would have to do more work than just mold it in new colors and slap on some markings; a PROPER TV version would need a new face, new, new antenna, new legs, new feet etc. etc. to make it an accurate representation. They COULD crank out more of the same 5 year old toys with new colors, that may have even worked back in 2004, But here in 2009, almost nobody's going to buy a cheap repaint of an outdated toy that doesn't even have the correct sculpt. And it wouldn't be worth it to just change the details on some parts either as most people would still be disappointed that all they did some was make some cosmetic changes and not bother to fix the toy's underlying flaws. And once again people would pass on it.

Yamato realizes that the fan base as a whole aren't desperate enough to accept a half-assed attempt at a TV Q-Rau. They wouldn't be able to sell enough to Warrant make them at all using any part of the existing toy. At this point about the only thing that has the potential to sell well (i.e. getting people who already own the existing Q-Rau to buy another one) would be something completely new, and Yamato first would have to decide if an all new build would sell well enough to justify the R&D costs. then they'd need to go through the lengthy process of developing the toy.

And at no point has anyone said there were ANY license issues related to yamato releasing a TV Q-Rau.
According to Mr. know it all "Do Not Disturb."

But here in 2009, almost nobody's going to buy a cheap repaint of an outdated toy that doesn't even have the correct sculpt.
The sculpt looks anime accurate to me. What's missing or what exactly do you see that is not correct with the sculpt?