is yamato done with the Mac Zero line?

arrow

c'mon people, wake up, Yamato building Macross Zero Tomcats?

Let's talk about an old topic: the SV-51 Ivanov, was there ever really a reissue with wingfold fixed? I mean, they're selling for a lot less than the original price-tag, and my Nora has these sad sagging defective wings (lucky me) that don't lock tight in fighter and ....you get the point.

Thing is, how do I know if the Ivanov is a good or a no good by flipping the top of the box? somebody said if it has clouded canopy it's a high chance you get wings that cannot fold??? I am really tempted at these discount prices...but it's such a risk, damn reissues with no visible markings!

No idea about the other issues you mentioned, but my Ivanov has no wing issues-- so it might be an individual thing?

REACTIVE ARMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesn't need to much engineering, just clip on, no transformation needed, only 4 opening panels, and Yamato can just priced for +100USD and we dumbf*cks will buy it

Edited by Valkyrie addict

REACTIVE ARMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doesn't need to much engineering, just clip on, no transformation needed, only 4 opening panels, and Yamato can just priced for +100USD and we dumbf*cks will buy it

Makes sense to me!!!

• 1 month later...

I really want a VF-0 and I am ready to place my order for a VF-0A bundle (cause it's cheaper than the 0S) BUT what you all are saying is that I should consider waiting until Yamato releases a VF-0 v3? how long will the wait be you think?

I have the feeling Yamato had enough with the SV-51 for the time being. They are liquidating stock at very low prices here in HK (and in Japan? look at prices on HLJ) and I don't think there ever was a real re-release of the Ivanov version. The Nora one is also a 50/50 situation, the original design is mostly responsible for the toy's problems, I think.

The VF-0 was also a tricky thing with those self-exploding arms and suspicious used ones lurking around...how many arm replacements can Overdirve handle???

Mac 0 valks look so freakin' cool that we bought them despite the known issues, but those are definitely not fun toys to show off and play with, so I am not sure there is a non-macross-fan market for it as there definitely could be for the VF-1 (hence V2.0) which is so easy to transform, is solid and is quite distinguishable even to the casual macross viewer. Also, Mac 0 was never as popular as SDF right?

The VF-0D is pending, but if they can pull that one with no major flaws, they could definitely make perfect arms for the earlier A and S versions!

that's what I mean, I am not sure they're going to pull a new toy for the Macross 0 franchise for the time being, not even a VF-0D for that matter...

anyway, i'd prefer they take on the VF-25 and subsequent Frontier toys, V 2.0 style, CAD design, fine panels, locking tabs, anime accurate, but NO self-exploding parts please (for any macross lines)!

It's actually sad to see the prices on those SV-51s because the engineering and finish on those is amazing. I really hope that it's just the piss poor economy and not a whaning of interest in Macross Zero or a legitamite market-signal to Yamato that says "never try this again"

Also - another thing to keep in mind is that the R&D on the SV-51s had to be imense. I mean - say what you want - but those birds hold together really well for what they are; particularly Nora.

And for such huge airplanes to be in 1/60... amazing.

I am looking forward to the VF-0D and hope Yamato doesn't give up on Macross Zero.

Also - Macross Zero destroids would be awesome. The Cheney is possibly the best Destroid ever... even though it's technically one of the oldest...

But the economy has got to pick up. I'm sure people would buy if they had more liquidity and less fear...

But in the end - yeah - I think Regult has a good point.

These are tough economic times and Yamato is wise to focus its' efforts and narrow on the VF-1 - which is the most recognizable, and in 1/60 scale also happens to probably be cheaper and easier to produce than something as huge and complex as the Macross Zero Valkyrie.

As for a v.2 of the Zeros? Who knows.

Both could use improvements that go beyond QC, so I guess it is possible.

But in these bad times... doubt it.

man... this stupid depression, recession, call it what you want...really needs to go away now.

Pete

I wish I would have jumped on a re-issue VF-0S when they came out in Dec 2008. It would be great if they would release another production run of them. I'm holding off on the Ebay route in hopes of that, but I may have to bite the bullet if it's looking like that's not going to happen.

It's an off white

Like the V2 DYRL Valks?

Edit: Just went through various pics of the VF-0S, and having just watched Macross Zero (again :) ), I do feel that the VF-0 needs a redesign. In batroid it's not sleek, and the legs look too short. In Gerwalk it doesn't have the natural lean like the VF-1 V2.

I say bring on the V2 VF-0! :)

Edited by Omegablue

I like the VF-0 the way it is in appearance, But as far as the way the legs & arms lock in place while in Fighter mode could use a revamp, but above all, the Arms, Use metal, Steel, Titanium, just something that will not crumble or crack!!

Also, some different color schemes and a better magnet system for the Leg Armor to attach too!! So if they make a V.2 VF-0, I'll for sure get a few!!

Bah, I caved in and bought one off eBay, but the seller stated that it was the version released in late Dec 2008, so that makes me happy. Something about the VF-0S that makes it one of my favorite valk designs, and I just knew I'd regret not picking one up now in case there are no more releases down the road.

Edited by Rine

My first release OS is just fine, but I could always use another one of those sweet birds.

Thankfully - looking at what the Japanese anim/figure market has looked like for the last few decades - it seems that just because an anime is "old" doesn't mean that someday somebody won't revive it and release a better version of a figure or something...so... I'm hopeful.

The problem - and fear - is that companies like Yamato don't misinterpret poor sales on some items as signifying low demand, but rather, as signifying a bad economy. It would be a pity if they said "screw it! They've been screaming 'destroids! destroids! SV-51! for years -w e give it to them and look what happens?'

But somehow, I get the feeling that Yamato's game plan is to design something that - as a design and subsequently as a production model - can last the test of time. I mean - I can honestly see the SV-51 being produced still in three years and being able to compete with whatever else is on the shelves. The fact that they have so few valkyrie to actually design seems to mean that they decided to make it the very best possible - and just run with it (or "milk it").

On the other hand...yeah..the v.2 VF-1 shows that you can never have "too perfect" a design. How many of us expected the v.2 after getting our hands on a 1/48? Heck - we probably thought Yamato would sooner do a rainbow color VF-1 1/48 than redesign the entire thing...

Unpredictable are the ways of Yamato... :)

Pete

I love the SV-51, just wish i had the moola to get another, and custom dobber it. :p Nahh i'm going to do her in blood red.

Too much stuff to get now instead of buying doubles anyways!

I feel yamato have too much stuff already planned, but will consider it when that well runs dry. We have to wait a while guys. :/

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I would still want the 0D before the reactive armour...

Anyway, got a Friend that is offering $60 for my V.1 1J Hiki. I'm tempted of using the money towards this Vf-0S... Dunno what to do... :(

Edited by Omegablue

I would still want the 0D before the reactive armour...

Anyway, got a Friend that is offering $60 for my V.1 1J Hiki. I'm tempted of using the money towards this Vf-0S... Dunno what to do... :(

I'd do it, the V1's are pretty fugly anyways imo.

There is still possibility of some non-canon repaints & VF-0D, but not confirmed yet. Will try to find out.

Maybe a mass-produced version of my SV-51? :wub:

Chris