Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance

wolfx

Just caught it here in Singapore.....its so f-ing amazing movie.....srsly. Mari did a perfect Inazuma Kick too. (rofl)

My only complaints about the movie was....Asuka and Mari suffered from lack of character development....and everything moved really really fast since it was condensing a few key Angel encounters.

But otherwise awesome movie. If anyone is catching it in the future in a theatre, make sure u stay until after the credits.

Does anybody know when this is going to be released on DVD or Blu Ray? I sadly, had to watch a really crappy cam rip (I know, shame on me, but I couldn't wait), and I would like to know when it's going to be out.

Nothing yet. 1.0 took about six or seven months to come out on DVD, so 2.0 will probably follow suit.

• 2 months later...

Maybe my opinion of this was diminished from watching a camrip, but I didn't really enjoy this as much as the first film. The pacing was just way too fast and aside from Shinji (and to a new extent Rei) there was barely any character development expected from the rest of the cast. They should of vouched for a new tv series instead of a couple movies if they were willing to give it a new story like this.

I do like the new character though. She's awesome.

Edited by MastaEgg

They need to make an Evangelion production that gets the production number 6.66

Taksraven

Am I the only one that is a bit upset at Gainax's blatant "let's see how many versions we can release of each movie to suck more money out of the otaku" strategy?

Am I the only one that is a bit upset at Gainax's blatant "let's see how many versions we can release of each movie to suck more money out of the otaku" strategy?

Yeah, it was kind of annoying with the first movie: 1.01 (2 disc edition), 1.01 (1 disc edition), and 1.11.

But considering that the DVD version of the second movie is called 2.22, dare we hope that it's the only version that will be released...?

(Until the complete box set that comes out once all the movies are done, of course.)

Except its not GAINAX but its Studio Khara, Anno's personal studio now. B))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Khara

They are good capitalists who want to make money. Even as a leftie I have troubles faulting that. (What politics??)

Taksraven

If they weren't doing something totally new, i'd agree. But as 1.11 has been supremely awesome so far, 2.0/2.22 looks to bring much new to the rebuild, and onwards is a complete mystery, I don't mind this re-release at all.

Besides, after the Nadia movie..... Gainax couldn't possibly sink to a lower depth.

I've bought the 1.01 R1 DVD, but going to replace it soon with the BRs of 1.11 and 2.22. Hope Gainax will continue with the artbooks, the Eva 1.0 Collected version was pretty insane.

I've bought the 1.01 R1 DVD, but going to replace it soon with the BRs of 1.11 and 2.22. Hope Gainax will continue with the artbooks, the Eva 1.0 Collected version was pretty insane.

I'm wondering about that...I got the 1.0 book Evangelion Entry File 1, and found it to be a valuable asset for understanding the movie (I saw it in Tokyo...and followed everything easily enough until the last three or four minutes; thankfully, Kaworu's dialogue was reprinted in the book). I kept waiting for Entry File 2...but it never appeared... :unsure:

Just out opf interest, did they use the same English voice cast? I know the Japanese cast was the same.

Sorry, much like myself, my PS3 refuses to even acknowledge that dubs exist.

1.11 is being released in the US next Tuesday!

Just crawled out from under my rock. I appreciate the news and I can't wait to see what all this hub-bub is about....

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my copy of 1.11 on blu-ray. The 6.1 audio was done nicely, but I really didn't see anything special about this movie that warrants calling it a remake, a reboot, or a re-do, or whatever they're calling it. I noticed some new CG, and a couple of extra "explosion rings" a-la-Star Wars SE, but not much else. Am I missing something here?

Edited by myk

Just picked up my copy of 1.11 on blu-ray. The 6.1 audio was done nicely, but I really didn't see anything special about this movie that warrants calling it a remake, a reboot, or a re-do, or whatever they're calling it. I noticed some new CG, and a couple of extra "explosion rings" a-la-Star Wars SE, but not much else. Am I missing something here?

The last three or four minutes of the movie change everything, don't you think?

And wait until you see 2.0...

Yeah I need to watch it again. I'm just asking you guys because I lost my anime-eyes a long time ago. I bought this to revisit an old friend... :)

1.11 is being released in the US next Tuesday!

Was thinking about getting the 1.11 blu ray shipped from the US, but have just found out that the European 1.11 will be released simultaneously on DVD and blu-ray april 26th.

Really looking forward to it!

Have not watched 2.0 yet because I'm holding out for it to be screened in one of the many spring film festivals this year. Otherwise I'll just have to wait patiently till its released with a sub (sigh...).