Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance

wolfx

Whats going on? The film is out and this thread has not been bumped since MAY 19????!!!!

I thought at least those lucky enough to be living in Japan would have come here to brag by now.....?

Taksraven

Can't blame us since we're not in japan to watch it. But after reading some spoilers, the shocking spoiler for me was.......

3rd impact

already happened in the 2nd movie!! :ph34r:

I wish more girls walked around in plugsuits. I need to find a girl who will wear one for me.

There sure are some out there just not in the figure you wish them to be. :lol:

Can't blame us since we're not in japan to watch it. But after reading some spoilers, the shocking spoiler for me was.......

3rd impact

already happened in the 2nd movie!! :ph34r:

I'm not so sure...my spoilers tell me that

Kaworu

stops Shinji from making the 3rd impact happen because it would be a "bad end" so to speak

<_<

Which puts a bit more credence into the theory that these movies are happening during the original third impact.

Man I need some dude to get in an camcord this thing, I don't think I can wait for the DVD.

OK so I really want to see this too. But was there ever even a US release of the first new movie? You are (not) alone? If so can someone post a link of where to get it. Thanks.

I need to watch end of evangelion again. That movie was freakin insane! in a good way insane. just thinking about it makes me happy.

There sure are some out there just not in the figure you wish them to be. :lol:

Funny that you say that! I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking of all my friends that are girls and trying to imagine them in a tight plugsuit. There are only a few that I actually would want to see in a tight sexy plugsuit. But I should not talk because my figures is not much to speak of, especially in the beer belly area.

OK so I really want to see this too. But was there ever even a US release of the first new movie? You are (not) alone? If so can someone post a link of where to get it. Thanks.

I need to watch end of evangelion again. That movie was freakin insane! in a good way insane. just thinking about it makes me happy.

At the time I found it on asindvdclub.org fansubed

I find this interesting, US EVA 1.0 Trailer vs JP EVA 1.0 Trailers:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/04/e...lywood-quality/

(reminder: nsfw site by the way.)

Well one thing's for sure.....the hollywood trailer will rope in more american moviegoers than if they used the Japanese released one. :wacko:

I find it interesting though that "Evangelion" in english is pronounced as EE VAN GEH LIEN. Shouldn't it be EE VAN JE LEON ? And very odd for Misato to refer to it by its full name too.

Well one thing's for sure.....the hollywood trailer will rope in more american moviegoers than if they used the Japanese released one. :wacko:

I find it interesting though that "Evangelion" in english is pronounced as EE VAN GEH LIEN. Shouldn't it be EE VAN JE LEON ? And very odd for Misato to refer to it by its full name too.

One can only hope, the empty cinema when I went to see Eva was a bit disheartening.

The common way to pronounce latin words in an english context is with the g from gender.

Maybe the voice actor had some classic training, as in scientific latin the g from gum is used.

Or more likely, they had no clue at all and just used whatever sounded best.

Heres a nice figure of Asuka, i've been waiting a while for a good figure of her in a plug suit for ages, its by kotobukiya, they also released one of Rei and Misato in the same scale a while back, which i already bought :lol: So i'll get Asuka to finish the collection when its released in October.

http://eyeonasia.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/...-ver-16-figure/

Edited by kung flu

Funimation has finally comfirmed 1.11 on bluray spring 2010, a cuople months after 1.0 on DVD.

Awesome news. Will definately get that. I just wished they released more non-anime-movies on bluray more notably Gunbuster.

Heres a nice figure of Asuka, i've been waiting a while for a good figure of her in a plug suit for ages, its by kotobukiya, they also released one of Rei and Misato in the same scale a while back, which i already bought :lol: So i'll get Asuka to finish the collection when its released in October.

http://eyeonasia.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/...-ver-16-figure/

Thanks for the link. That is a nice sculpt.

MMMNNNFFFRRRRLUCKY YOU!!!

Lucky lucky lucky!! :)

Waaah!

But I'm glad to hear you liked it. The last thing we need is a BAD EVA movie and more "oh no - it's another EVA movie" comments :)

It better come out on...err...something or other!...soon :)

Pete

MMMNNNFFFRRRRLUCKY YOU!!!

Lucky lucky lucky!! :)

Waaah!

But I'm glad to hear you liked it. The last thing we need is a BAD EVA movie and more "oh no - it's another EVA movie" comments :)

It better come out on...err...something or other!...soon :)

Pete

Yeah, it was deifnitely good. Some of it was very, very weird, but...it's Eva. We expect that, right?

And yes. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY the third movie can follow the TV series plot. Things get shockingly different by the end of this one.

And Mari's kinda hot.

EDIT: And yes, I also saw the Macross Frontier trailer. Lookin' more forward to that one now, too.

Edited by Gubaba

OH MAN THAT'S GONNA BE THE $*%#!! I GOTTA SEE THAT, AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE EVANGELION!! ^_^

If You don't like Eva, you won't like the new movie. Too much weird shit (and yes, it gets REALLY weird towards the end).

Basically, at the end, Shinji, Rei, and the Eva-01's souls are all fused together. Lots of loopy psychedelia and crpytic utterances.

I've found that I do better with women who don't know what I'm saying. Then they imagine I must be saying what they want to hear :)

Pete

Heh. I figured as much. ^_^

Oh, and I'm sure everyone will be pleased to know that the infamous Rei/Asuka elevator scene is present in the movie, although it's severely cut. C'mon, guys...would it really have killed you to add 40 seconds to the running time of the movie...?

If You don't like Eva, you won't like the new movie. Too much weird shit (and yes, it gets REALLY weird towards the end).

Basically, at the end, Shinji, Rei, and the Eva-01's souls are all fused together. Lots of loopy psychedelia and crpytic utterances.

DANG, it's 2001 A Space Odessy all over again! I didn't understand the end of that movie either!!! :angry:

Oh, me too. But Mari has the added advantage of being able to speak to English.

If, y'know, communicating's your thing. ^_^

Remember she's billingual...so I've got that german covered :)

2001's ending was easy...Bowman gets wisked off though the monolith and trans-humanized (er...made into a "Star Child" rather) and then sent back to observe humanity...and later (in 2010 and the other novels) he helps to observe life on europa after some events go down.

Or maybe it's the book that made that clear..I can't remember

Edited by Rbstr

DANG, it's 2001 A Space Odessy all over again! I didn't understand the end of that movie either!!! :angry:

Pretty much. The mecha action in it is quite good, though. (Although the opening sequence was a little annoying because it's hard to SEE anything.)

Remember she's billingual...so I've got that german covered :)

Yeah...if you can understand German with a heavy Japanese accent, that is... ^_^

Mari (voiced by Maaya Sakamoto) speaks English...okay. Some of her enunciation was a little off, though.

Kaji, on the other hand, spoke a little bit of English in the movie, and I couldn't make out a word of what he was saying.

I like to see that Frontier Trailer you mentioned... did it showcase any scenes from the movie?

Yes, I talked about it in the Frontier news thread. ^_^

It was pretty much all new animation, but it was hard to tell what changes to the story they're making.

Also, elevator scene?

I can't find the official version, so this fandub will have to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iVAqph2EA

It's a full minute in both the on-air and "director's cut" versions of episode 22, as well as in Evangelion: Death.

In the new movie, it's like 20 seconds. :(

I'm so happy to hear they haven't dumbed it down too much. Just wouldn't be Eva if it was just mecha action.

I'm so happy to hear they haven't dumbed it down too much. Just wouldn't be Eva if it was just mecha action.

Agreed. And at this point in the story, the show was getting pretty weird too.

The new movie's weirder, though.

And, of course, the Angels are freakier. WAAAAAY freakier.