Scoop thread purpose

EXO

Split from the OG topic.

I just want to say if the scoop thread isn't for you, its not even an issue. It doesn't replace any threads. The ones that you love are still there, so I don't get the griping. No one is twisting your arm to post there, but it does serve a purpose for the people that use it. If you don't see it, then continue on somewhere else.

But for people that do use it. Please link to the post in the original thread. No need to repost on the SCOOP THREAD. You can do that by going to the upper right corner and click on the number of the post, copy paste. Thanks!

ooops I carried over Ignacio's post

• 3 weeks later...
I actually love this scoop thread. Now I only need to check this thread for news every couple of days instead of read through 5 billion pages of bitchposts in the regular toy threads.

Thats what it was designed for, now that i have less time and less desire to check up on the forums this is the first thread i come to then i just take off again.

Thank EXo for taking the idea into consideration!

First time I've ever looked at this thread.

Just my 2 cents, but personally, I prefer to go straight to the relevant thread to catch up on news.

Graham

This new way works out much better. I really don't like scrolling backwards through a 55 page thread and doing forensic work on all the comments to figure out of there are new pics on a an upcoming release.

Thanks EXO

Edited by hirohawa

i support the idea of this thread too,

but guys,

we have to limit this thread to only scoop reports.

i think its time to stop posting replies/discussions on this thread anymore,

the purpose of this thread is so we can have a fast look up for any breaking news.

adding more replies to anything here is going to kill the whole purpose sooner or later.

can the mods do something?

i support the idea of this thread too,

but guys,

we have to limit this thread to only scoop reports.

i think its time to stop posting replies/discussions on this thread anymore,

the purpose of this thread is so we can have a fast look up for any breaking news.

adding more replies to anything here is going to kill the whole purpose sooner or later.

can the mods do something?

Basically--yeah. Frankly---everybody shut up unless you're posting a scoop. I like the idea of this thread as do some other mods. And it solves/addresses a lot of complaints better than most other things we've tried.

I don't get the griping

I don't know where you've been, but MacrossWorlders never STOP griping about ANYTHING, even a quiet insignificant thread that can easily be ignored. :lol:

I for one LOVE the Scoop thread. There's only so many times I can read about how no one is ever going to buy a Yamato again because they crumble in your hands as you watch and Bandai DXs having no neck just to get a tidbit of information about a new release.

Vostok 7

I think the Scoop thread is a good idea.

I was dissapointed the last few times I went in there and found bitching and moaning instead of any important scoops. I'm also happy this thread now appeared, because I can bitch and moang about the bitching and moaning that took place in the Scoop thread without violating David's request to shut up and stop bitching and moaning.

I will check the Scoop thread very often because I am looking for news about new pictures of the Quarter, release dates etc etc.

I like the fact that we can bitch and moan in the relevant toy threads, and I don't want the Mods to clamp down on our fun.

So having a seperate Scoop thread where there is zero tolerance for bitching and moaning and ONLY room for real news/scoops is a good idea.

Two thumbs up.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Hey tober, any suggestions on how to tidy it up? Thanks ahead.

Just as far as removing discussion posts instead of news posts, currently there are a few at the end of page 2. Not a huge deal, just a few people who didn't read the first post. What I had in mind is what you and Save did for the Beagle suggestions and problems thread - deletion of anything not relevent. I don't subscribe to threads here because of the amount of posts, the Scoop Thread would be worth subscribing to because it delivers newsworthy info.

What would be ideal is something like what TFW2005.com have on their front page - news on toys, anime, model kits etc with a link to the discussion or relevent post. But I realise that's a huge amount of work for mods and admin to impliment it.

Yeah, I've been trying to clean it up by removing non relevant posts, sometimes I leave it up long enough for them to get a reply.

When you delete a post, the member might try to repost just to get a reply or if I move it they won't know where to find it. So I thought it'd be better to just leave it up for a while...

But as you can see all irrelevant posts end up on this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea of the thread for all the reasons people have stated, and think it needs to be "tidied up," just as others have said as well.

I guess heavy moderator attention/post deleting would be the best way to keep the thread true to its raison d' etre, but...and maybe this is asking way too much of the mods; might it be possible for it to only be added to by the mods? I gather the moderators have to read all the other threads periodically anyway, right? Could they flag something for inclusion in the scoop thread and have a designated mod go through once a day/every other day and add the relevant post to the scoop thread?

Sounds like a lot of work, but it would keep things tight.

Whatever you go with, keep up the good work, MW mods.

The scoop thread does really does depend on membership participation. It's just impossible to keep up with all those threads and the amount of posts in them. We just have to try our best to clean up the thread.

The scoop thread does really does depend on membership participation. It's just impossible to keep up with all those threads and the amount of posts in them. We just have to try our best to clean up the thread.

what up with the new format on this site??

...very diffucult to navigate with this configuration..

i may visit the site less now. <_<

what up with the new format on this site??

...very diffucult to navigate with this configuration..

i may visit the site less now. <_<

What are you talking about?

• 4 weeks later...