yamato's next move

arrow

This toy blog is saying that in the Feb 22 SDF-1 launch event Yamato will announce a "new full transform large size mechanical Macross product", which may be SDF-1.

If true, they will probably release a TV then a Movie version, and then piss us off with limited weathered versions.

Wow, I hope it's something new we don't already know about. I'd be impressed if they managed to keep something totally new secret from all of us, especially since Dark Lord Graham-san hasn't even hinted at anything to speak of...

I wonder what "large scale" means though. If it IS an SDF-1, I would suppose that means it's bigger than the WAVE Macross, but hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Vostok 7

Ultimate Scale SDF-1: 1/1000

It could be a simple diecast skeletal system with two separate snap-on armor sets...sort of like the old Dougram mecha figures from the early 80s. One to make the original blue and white TV version and a second to make the DYRL version. And it would have to include 1 Prometheus, 1 Daedalus and 2 ARMD carriers to attach as arms. The ship's "skeleton" could be completely transformable, but appear relatively undefined and blocky, allowing for easy application of armor parts. For example, the ship's bow/main cannon booms would be nothing more than rectangular blocks that you could afix either the TV or DYRL style cannon tips onto it, etc.

Of course something like this would probably run every bit of $400 US...

If they do something like that, they'd better include Arcadia and Space battleship Yamato arms while they're at it

This toy blog is saying that in the Feb 22 SDF-1 launch event Yamato will announce a "new full transform large size mechanical Macross product", which may be SDF-1.

If true, they will probably release a TV then a Movie version, and then piss us off with limited weathered versions.

If that turn out to be truth, that would be great! TV version SDF-1 please.

(Just hope he doesn't mix up this with the Bandai Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin prototype would also possible being showed in the Feb 22 !!!)

Well, if I had to make a list of Valkyrie and Macross wants, it'd definitely be:

1)VF-4

2)VA-3

3)VF-0D

4)1/60 Regult

5)VF-2SS

I doubt we'll ever see the VA-3, but it's such an abstract Valkyrie, it would be damn cool in it's own right.

replace the VF-2SS with the VF-3000 and you have the best list ever.

"full transformation Macross product" could mean anything. all we know for sure is it will transform and it will be large. the use of the word new suggests that its not going to be a repaint.

it could be an SDF-1. other likely, (and not so likely) candidates include the VF-4, VF-17, VF-5000, VB-6 (1/60?!?)

I'd actually rather have a 1/60 VB-6 over a macross. (actually I'd rather have all of those plus a few more things than a SDF-1)

what if they made multi-jointed action figures with accessories? i'd buy a 1/60 scale breetai, miria, zentraedi, etc.

Edited by sh002

Hmm... yeah - you're right. It's probably the Monster since there were actual prototype pictures of that floating around, and it certainly qualifies as "big" and transformable :)

Pete

technically that was the MKII destroid so that wasn't transformable. that would be cool if they resurrected that project and finally produced that MASSIVE 1/60 monster.

So, on the Monster note, why not a Koenig? It's big, transformable, works with Monster motif... :)

that's what I just said. I think it's just as likely that they will release a 1/60 scale Koenig Monster update as it is that they will release an SDF-1. we'll just have to weight untill the launch even to find out. (OH SHI- 7 DAYS!)

Lots of stuff coming, some big (as may be displayed on 22 Feb), some small and possibly some stuff that was previously never thought possible.....wait and see (cross fingers, touch wood etc).

Heh, Heh, next few years will be interesting times.

Graham

I can't wait until the 22nd. So much more macross coming. Please someone make a modern SDF-1 toy. Pretty please.

Lots of stuff coming, some big (as may be displayed on 22 Feb), some small and possibly some stuff that was previously never thought possible.....wait and see (cross fingers, touch wood etc).

Graham

The Dark Lord of the Sith is BACK in top form!

And I don't understand how "Yamato will release a large scale transforming Macross item" suddenly gets translated to "Bandai is releasing the VF-27" or "Yamato is going to release posable 1/60 action figures". These forums are like a giant game of telephone :lol:

So, Graham-san, are you going to post some teasers or am I going to have to start pulling out the Hoary Froating Head? :ph34r:

Vostok 7

Graham

I am so excited to hear this! :lol:

Where do I find spaces for all that?!

Graham

Please tell me Yamato is making 1/60 Monster Mk II, Glaug, Regult and a large size TV version SDF-1.

Any of these will get me exciting! (fingers cross) :rolleyes:

I feel broke already. And I don't even know what it is I will buy yet!

Hahahaha totally. It better not be some crappy repaint :lol:

Really though, I'm placing bets on it being a large transformable SDF-1 with excellent detail. It would fit with the event, really.

But a VF-4 would be nice. I'm not a fan of the design, but if Yamato did a killer job on it, I'd probably buy one.

I just have a feeling it's something related to the whole event it's centered on. Then again, there's really not much to do from that standpoint, other than a SDF-1 or a VF-4.

Vostok 7

the VF-4 was on Graham's recommendation list to Yamato, which implies that Yamato hasn't worked on it yet, so it can't be what's going to be uncovered any time soon.

I think a new SDF sounds about right. I don't think Graham would try to get us that hyped for a repaint, so it's going to be a new sculpt I would think. I would go for a SDF actually, since I held off on purchasing the others up till now, but I'm really looking forward to a new Koenig.. Unlikely, since the original VB-6 is still kicking around.

If its a VF that we haven't seen at all yet though, I'm all over it.

the VF-4 was on Graham's recommendation list to Yamato, which implies that Yamato hasn't worked on it yet, so it can't be what's going to be uncovered any time soon.

I think a new SDF sounds about right. I don't think Graham would try to get us that hyped for a repaint, so it's going to be a new sculpt I would think. I would go for a SDF actually, since I held off on purchasing the others up till now, but I'm really looking forward to a new Koenig.. Unlikely, since the original VB-6 is still kicking around.

If its a VF that we haven't seen at all yet though, I'm all over it.

I'm all for a redesigned VB-6, but 1/60 would just be too dang huge. I'm fine with another one in 1/100, especially with the VF100 line coming out.

Vostok 7

VF-22S!!!

VF-11B repaint!

and... in 2 years time, yamato will get the FRONTIER license.

you may not believe me now, but i will be saying I TOLD YOU SO 2 years from now... :p

You're on! I don't see why Bandai would let the Frontier license out to Yamato when they didn't do it for Mac7. However, I'm hoping that Yamato can get the license for Macross Ace Frontier or a future Macross game so they can at least produce the designs, if not the actual show VFs.

VF-22S!!!

VF-11B repaint!

and... in 2 years time, yamato will get the FRONTIER license.

you may not believe me now, but i will be saying I TOLD YOU SO 2 years from now... :p

In 2 years, I think it would be very unlikely.

During the release of the new Frontiers movie will be coming later this year, I bet Bandai would hold on the license in a long time...