Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Sadly, the white plastic parts on VF-25F are unpainted and don't match the glossy look of the painted die-cast hips. The two screw details on the shield were also left unpainted.

Edited by IXTL

Looks nice and all. But where are the booster packs. I would like to get one, but it makes no since without the booster packs. I think I'll buy the small transformable model and save the big money for the one with booster packs. It makes no since to me since most of the fights are in space.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

SOLD!

I am now skipping the idea of buying the 1/72 Alto model and commissioning someone to build it for me in fighter mode only.

I will buy the 1/60 DX and leave it in fighter mode.

altonn1.jpg

Yes, I might do that too... still not sure about the battroid mode, but the fighter mode loks good enough to me! ^_^

just the pilot figure looks a bit rubbish. :huh:

Wow!! the pilot looks a little cheap looking. For $180.00+ you would hope that the pilot looks good. At least yamato got that part right.

When I read this I literally said "what the f**k are you smoking" out loud to myself. Honestly? Show me a website that is selling this thing for that price, please.

On another note, I'm really considering picking up the 25G. But I just really, really hope Bandai ends up releasing Alto's and Ozma's 25s with their respective armor in a bundle. The prospect of not being able to have a fully armed squad of the 4 sometime down the line without paying out the ass for Alto's fast packs and possibly Ozma's armor is holding me back really.

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

Sadly, the white plastic parts on VF-25F are unpainted and don't match the glossy look of the painted die-cast hips.

That's one of the main reasons Yamato abandoned diecast for external body parts as getting an exact color and finish match with the ABS plastic parts is nearly impossible. Howeve, the color difference does tend to show up more in photographs than when seeing the toy in person.

The two screw details on the shield were also left unpainted.

I think that's in some part beacuse those two holes will be used as the plug-in attachment points for the Super Pack shield.

Graham

UGH... why!?! I was so dead set on passing this thing up and now I'm desperate to have one... :(

I really don't want to bite the bullet until after I get back from the vacation I'm taking second week of January. what are the chances that there will still be some in stock when I get back?

if there aren't any I'll probably be the only person hoping that future releases don't include the fast packs.

(I don't care if they were used throughout the show, the valk looks better with out them. :p )

The price on HLJ changes every day with the currency conversion they give you. You should compare the yen price of this toy against the yen price of other toys otherwise you're really just complaining about the value of a dollar.

For those of you who don't have one preordered, I've definitely got them preordered and am looking forward to doing a nice big post or two like I just did with the Toynami Beta. There will be reviews... oh yes, there will be... (sadly, probably about a week after you've seen a ton of reviews from folks who didn't have to wait to get them shipped to the states).

From everything I have seen, there might not be sticker sheets at all. The toy fresh out of the box, still in the plastic bag had a lot of markings already tampoed/painted on, and I have yet to see a sticker sheet, even the instruction manual doesn't show any place to put stickers on, or directions to do so.

More pics!

Darn, I really like going the extra mile and having those little "No Step", "Beware of Blast", etc. stickers on my valks. After looking around more, I think your guess is correct as even the 1/72 model's decal sheet doesn't have anything more than what is already tampo printed on the DX and it's not likely that Bandai will have more little details to put on their toys than on their models.

When I read this I literally said "what the f**k are you smoking" out loud to myself. Honestly? Show me a website that is selling this thing for that price, please.

On another note, I'm really considering picking up the 25G. But I just really, really hope Bandai ends up releasing Alto's and Ozma's 25s with their respective armor in a bundle. The prospect of not being able to have a fully armed squad of the 4 sometime down the line without paying out the ass for Alto's fast packs and possibly Ozma's armor is holding me back really.

This is where it cost $180.00 plus tax. New York, NY its a hell of a town :wacko:The $180+ VF-25

This is where it cost $180.00 plus tax. New York, NY its a hell of a town :wacko:The $180+ VF-25

You should no better than to buy from them. they always have the highest mark up. i only use imageanime as a last resort and would never pre-orderd anything from that over priced site.

i already preordered the rvf-25 and vf-25g from overdrive. the only thing i don't like is that i already had to pay for them as opposed to hlj where you pay right when they're ready to ship.

i already preordered the rvf-25 and vf-25g from overdrive. the only thing i don't like is that i already had to pay for them as opposed to hlj where you pay right when they're ready to ship.

That's probably because they are charging in USD. Due to exchange rates constantly changing, since they are charging in USD, if they charge now then they are protected if the dollar's value against the yen drops more. Actually this is the reason I just buy from them now since it protects me as well. I used to have the Ozma and Alto VF-25 pre-ordered with HLJ and at the time, it would have cost me $105 (not including shippping), but with the sinking dollar value, it would probably cost me $135 or so by the time it ships out at the rate things are going. I know how much I'm paying when I buy from Over-Drive. I had cancelled my HLJ pre-orders but unfortunately at the time I did that, over-drive had just put a stop to orders on the 25S and F. Just as well since I think I will be waiting to see if the super packs and full armor will be out at some point. I have a G pre-ordered with over-drive and I'm debating on the RVF.

On another note, it seems that an increasing number of the US importers have stopped selling any new Macross stuff. I used to get my Macross stuff from TMPanime but it took increasingly longer times for items to arrive and now no new products are being listed for pre-order anymore. The same with Lost and Found Toys and now BBTS as well. That has pretty much forced me to go to Over-drive if I want a competitive price.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On another note, it seems that an increasing number of the US importers have stopped selling any new Macross stuff. I used to get my Macross stuff from TMPanime but it took increasingly longer times for items to arrive and now no new products are being listed for pre-order anymore. The same with Lost and Found Toys and now BBTS as well. That has pretty much forced me to go to Over-drive if I want a competitive price.

That because Toynami is threatening them to either sell Macross toys or receive no Toynami stock and vice versa

more discussion @ here

Edited by ntsan

Have we seen any sign that HG's meddling will affect Bandai and the other MacF stuff? I suppose we'll find out if BBTS never lists a preorder for Michel and Luca's DX figures...

I sent Joel at BBTS an email about that last week. This was his response:

Subject: RE: Bandai Macross Frontier valkyries (LTK147010665065X)

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:02:37 -0500

Hi - we do plan to carry these, I'm going to check with some suppliers on pricing and we'll get preorders listed soon

Thanks!

Joel Boblit

President

www.BigBadToyStore.com

Your service code is LTK147010665065X. Please leave the service code in the subject line of your reply to help us track your inquiry.

=======

Subject: Bandai Macross Frontier valkyries

Hi Joel,

Will you be selling Bandai's DX Chogokin RVF-25 and VF-25G valkyries? You can see them both at http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011802/

I have the first two preordered at BBTS, and I believe the next two are being released in March or April. Please let me know.

Thanks!