What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Huh? Shin Mazinger isn't retelling as far as I'm concerned.

oh ok, upon researching, found its not going to be a remake. none the less, i will still goin to watch this

Edited by Vegas

Yeah, seems like they are "re-telling" alot of anime lately, which I find disturbing. Very Hollywood of them. Where have all the good ideas gone?

not really fan of of dragon ball but atleast its going to be one of the good ones this season. ive watched the trailer of the movie version, it was crap like street fighter the movie :lol: :lol:

Decided to re-watch the entire UC timeline in Gundam

I just finished that particular marathon a week or so ago... watched everything except the original series (which I don't have) and the last episode of MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front (which isn't out yet). I think, of all the various gundam pilots, I liked Shiro Amada and Uso Ebbing the most, mainly because they didn't whine as much as Amuro, Kamille, Judau, and the others.

To recover from the manic depression Tomino put me into, I'm gonna watch something with a lighter tone... I've been putting off watching Tenchi Muyo! GXP for a while now...

It seems Gundam is popular nowadays: I'm rewatching 0083 at the moment

For the little story, I heavily played the Zeon campaign of MS Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon recently, so it made me want to rewatch it :)

I just finished Soul Eater (a bit late), exelent entertaiment ^_^ , and recently re watched Gunbuster 1 and 2.

Is 2 worth anything? I have been watching the original again, a couple episodes at a time, hadn't seen it in over a decade. Really interesting as it kinda feels a bit like a Shojo series at first. Gunbuster 2 just seemed like an awful idea when I heard that it was coming though, but I've been wrong on these things before.

Though talking about Gunbuster has me thinking of Ecole du Ciel, which was MUCH better than I expected. I'm up to volume 6 of the manga, and am loving it.

Is 2 worth anything? I have been watching the original again, a couple episodes at a time, hadn't seen it in over a decade. Really interesting as it kinda feels a bit like a Shojo series at first. Gunbuster 2 just seemed like an awful idea when I heard that it was coming though, but I've been wrong on these things before.

Though talking about Gunbuster has me thinking of Ecole du Ciel, which was MUCH better than I expected. I'm up to volume 6 of the manga, and am loving it.

Most people here hate Diebuster with a flaming passion, but I think it's worth a watch.

Like the original show, it gets good around episode 4 onward.

Most people here hate Diebuster with a flaming passion, but I think it's worth a watch.

Like the original show, it gets good around episode 4 onward.

wuh? Who are these "most people"? I liked Diebuster immensely. Maybe not as much as gunbuster but it's still good.

Prepare to be disappointed. Tokyopop never released the volume of Ecole that was supposed to come out Oct. 2008. We fear it was axed during their downsizing of their projects.

I heard that it was not completely dropped, but delayed indefinitely. Well, I'm getting better at reading Japanese, so hopefully I can keep up soon.

Yeah....delayed indefinitely = never coming out or many decades later. Sorta like Duke Nuken. :p

I'm watching:

Fullmetal Alchemist 2

Valkyria Chronicles

Dragon Ball Kai

Ride Back (5 eps to go)

Xam'd (on ep. 10)

Tower of Druaga

Legend of Galactic Heroes (on ep. 13)

Anyone seen Kara no Kyokai? Saw a commercial for it while watching Fullmetal and it looked interesting

Sure is worth, is hard explain why is bashing by the fans, without fall in spoil, so I´ll say only my opinion about.

I think that is cos this dont continue the main plot, so is not a exactly a sequel, is a parallel plot with new characters and graphic art totally diferent.

But I think that this is not bad all, cos a direct sequel that it continue the type of plot of the one can fall on a trend of plot boring and sad, but this plot is fun and refreshing and complement the main plot, and the graphic art is exelent with high levels of imagination on every minute.

Maybe this one should be in my Hidden Jewel Thread ^_^

wuh? Who are these "most people"? I liked Diebuster immensely. Maybe not as much as gunbuster but it's still good.

I liked it too. B)) There was a whole load of b*tchin during when the OVAs were still being released but i think most ppl accepted it by the end.

Anyone seen Kara no Kyokai? Saw a commercial for it while watching Fullmetal and it looked interesting

KnK is not bad...has some major budget under it. If you can forgive its "cod philosophy" that they often spew throughout the series, then its not a bad watch.

So what are you guys watching this Spring season?

My watch list:

- Basquash!

- Shin Mazinger.

- Sengoku BASARA.

- Guin Saga (need subtitles).

- Souten Koro (I love Cao Cao, also need subtitles).

- Eden of the East.

So many good/watchable shows this season.

Gunbuster 2 is actually very good, once you passed the fact that the show feels quite different from the first. Its very well drawn, has some comedy elements, and packed with over the top actions and battle sequences. And its a show that Gunbuster fans finally 'get it' when they watched up to the end, and quit the b*tching. Just too bad the Bandai U.S. DVD releases were sold in ridiculous high price (something like $40 per volume with two 30 min episodes), scaring off a lot of potential buyers. Not sure if there was a price drop later or a box set.

As of myself, I am watching Guyver the 2005 TV series. Decent production value and best drawn Guyver series to date, but still lower quality in animation than higher profile TV shows (e.g. Macross F). Well drawn and consistent throughout the whole show, if not the action sequence sometimes felt limited, due to budget or time constrain. But they did improved the storytelling quite a bit compared to the original manga. So a good watch for Guyver fans or people that like the Henshin genre and don't mind some bloodiness.

Also attempted again to continue on Macross 7. Hope I get to finish it this time (almost half way through now). The recycled animated sequences can really get annoying though after you've watched it like the 10th times or so.

Guyver TV is good, but a little drawn out i think. i wish it was a bit shorter. Also it gets a bit repetitive; They run, get attacked, fight and have a soul wrenching moment. Rince, repeat 4 or 5 times. Its not bad, just not great either.

Im watching Black Lagoon s1, which so far is pretty awesome.

Guyver TV is good, but a little drawn out i think. i wish it was a bit shorter. Also it gets a bit repetitive; They run, get attacked, fight and have a soul wrenching moment. Rince, repeat 4 or 5 times. Its not bad, just not great either.

Im watching Black Lagoon s1, which so far is pretty awesome.

Black lagoon s1 was awesome for me. Loving Revy.. and that was even before i knew that she's also voiced by our very own klan klan. :)

Just finished watching the 1st episode of the 2nd barrage... looks to be even bloodier than s1 so far.

Finally finished watching Soul Eater. the series kinda dragged on, but i still found it enjoyable.

Finished watching Linebarrels. Got better near the end, although it wasn't really anything spectacular. But worth watching.

Watched the first episode of the Detroit Metal City anime.... funny! that manager of theirs is quite a character. hehe. :p

Into episode 10 of School Rumble S2.... now that i already know the characters, i just find the series absolutely funny. guilty pleasures, yey. :)

Just finished Macross 7, including FotSW, the Encore episodes, the movie, and Dynamite. Going to be moving on to Macross Zero. We'll either finish that in one sitting, or spread it out over a week or two.

Just finished Macross 7, including FotSW, the Encore episodes, the movie, and Dynamite. Going to be moving on to Macross Zero. We'll either finish that in one sitting, or spread it out over a week or two.

Hmmm...what did your friend think of 7?

Hmmm...what did your friend think of 7?

She loved it. Once we wrapped up Dynamite she was sad that was the end for those characters.

Interesting comment, "The animation was fantastic!" I have to say I agree. The character animation in Macross 7 is highly underrated. The battle animation is poor, even the recycled footage which is extremely odd, but the characters are often incredibly well animated. Facial expressions especially stand out. It's kind of the opposite of Frontier in that way, I suppose.