What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Close. The answer is below. ;)

Top, L-R:

Sony Pocket Station, Nintendo Virtual Boy, Sega Dream Cast, Sony Betamax Player

Bottom, L-R:

MOK-KOS (legendary badly sculpted KOS-MOS figure), Nintendo Power Glove.

Damn i'm nerdy....or just old?

A little of column A... and a little of column B... :p

Also,

MOK-KOS

should be in its own group.... "Things that should never be..."

Edited by shiroikaze

I see thread being derailed from topic.

Sorry about that. It's just that I hail from another forum (still visit too :) ) and I'm more used to their laidback atmosphere that let threads go off-topic every now and then because usually they just get back right on topic afterwards. This is a bigger forum so I understand the need to stay on-topic, I just need to get used to it. So sorry.

Just finishing up Clannad After Story this week. Key sure knows how to make effective sad stuff.

Do you know if Clannad is their latest title or did they release anything after Clannad?

Edited by shiroikaze

Do you know if Clannad is their latest title or did they release anything after Clannad?

You talking about the game producers Visualarts KEY or the anime producers, Kyoto Animation? Eiherjar mentioned the games after Clannad. As for Kyoani, after clannad was Kannagi....and future release is K-on!

On episode 9 of Princess Tutu and I'm loving it! Really like how the story is unfolding and the mystery surrounding the characters. Also like how the prologue of each episode is made up to look like it came out of a fairytale book, really helps set the mood for me :D

Watched the first two episodes of RideBack. It's interesting so far, I'll give it a few more episodes before I make a decision on it one way or another.

A new one coming this season. Its a PS3 game adaptation. I love the pastel-style art.

001s.jpg

002hnl.jpg

004v.jpg

When Imperial forces attack the small border town of Bruhl, Welkin Gunther, son of late General Belgen Gunther, is forced to fight for his life alongside Town Watch captain Alicia Melchiott. Along with Welkin's adopted sister Isara, the three escape to Gallia's capitol and subsequently join the country's militia forces. As members of the newly-formed Squad 7, they must work to repel the invading Imperial forces and discover the true purpose of the invasion itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles

http://www.4gamer.net/games/048/G004882/20090310005/

Alicia is mai waifu....i hereby declare. :3

Looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles. What studio will be animating it?

You talking about the game producers Visualarts KEY or the anime producers, Kyoto Animation? Eiherjar mentioned the games after Clannad. As for Kyoani, after clannad was Kannagi....and future release is K-on!

Yeah, I meant Key.

Looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles. What studio will be animating it?

Yeah, I meant Key.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...me.php?id=10416

A-1 Pictures

They seem pretty new in the market but from the screenshots on the japanese website....the art looks awesome. Will make a seperate thread when the animation starts since there is interest for the series.

Finished Bounen No Xamdou and Rahxephon. Both from Studio Bones and both are semi-mecha series. Raxhepon is a more art oriented, slightly pretentious varaint on the NGE theme without the angst and larger production values. Bounen no Xamdou is more Eureka 7 in an advanced fantasy world (hard to describe this one, both outdated and futuristic tech mixed in a modern setting)

They are total opposites: Rahxephon has a well developed plot and very balanced pacing but it's characters are a bit bland, altough the lead male and female are great.

Bounen no Xamdou is a mess story wise, the writers seem to lose track of what is going on and can't explain it. Halfway through I had the feeling they knew as little as the viewers of where it was heading. Still Xam'd has some redeeming qualities. It has one of the best casts of characters I have seen sofar. Probably because of the focus on the characters the plot gets left behind. I feel it had a lot more potential then what it turned into. Maybe if it had gotten 50 episodes instead of 26 it wouldnt have felt so rushed at times. Eureka 7 beats Xamned in most areas altough on the whole I like the Xamned cast slightly better.

All in all two nice shows though bit worse then Bones' Eureka 7 imo.

Tekkaman Blade turned out much more awesome than I expected, the little inbetween the series & OVA bit was cool too.

While my internet was down for the past month, I watched Last Exile, Ergo Proxy, & most of Golion (only 9 eps left). Last Exile definately surprised me, didn't expect that meaty of a show, and it fit together strangely well watching it after Overman King Gainer. Ergo Proxy was good too, though the open end left things a bit too unfinished. And Golion is a surprisingly violent show, but the story doesn't really pick up until its nearly over.

Just watched Armor Hunter Mellowlink.

I've never watched any Votoms before, so didn't pick up on the references to the other storylines, but I liked it quite a lot.

Would've preferred a little more plot and character development, but still, enjoyable show all around.

I still feel like they took Rainy Boy from MOSPEADA and made a Votoms series about him.

Just watched Venus Wars.

This is one of those anime I've heard about for years, but somehow never really was interested in, so never watched it.

Well, my need for some motorcycle anime (or monocycle, in this case), made me finally watch it.

I wasn't expecting to like it at all, but actually liked it quite a lot. Story was good, reasonably mature, animation was MUCH better than i was expecting, character design and costumes were really good too.

You can tell it was abbreviated from a much more detailed story (manga, I think).

Wierd little bit of gay-bashing in there though.

Moe anime girls as super robot anime? Hmmm.

(potential NSFW link)

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/03/22/t...es-robot-girls/

...hmm, I feel bad reading this, not because of the announcement of the anime, but about the article, toei-copies-strike-witches-robot-girls, don't they (sankakucomplex staff) know that the concept of robot girl (mecha musume >_> ala young girl cosplay as Gundam, Valk, Super Robot, etc) has existed long before Strike Witches?

Edited by REbirth

Still watching Bleach and Rideback. Finally got the chance to sit down and watch ep 10 of Rideback. All I can say is :blink: Dude! Not cool....

The first time those white rides showed up, I wanted to see somebody beat the everlovin' tar out of them. That opinion has been reinforced.

Edited by Greyryder

Still watching Bleach and Rideback. Finally got the chance to sit down and watch ep 10 of Rideback. All I can say is :blink: Dude! Not cool....

The first time those white rides showed up, I wanted to see somebody beat the everlovin' tar out of them. That opinion has been reinforced.

Loving Rideback but I'm hoping the baddies get a proper motivation other than cookie-cutter "world domination". So far they just seem bad for the sake of bad and I'd rather have something more nuanced.

Not saying it wasn't cool to see the white riders get smacked around... cuz it was. ^_^

I had read the first volume of the RideBack manga, so expected good things of the anime, but wow, it's been completely blowing away my expectations. I love it, and look forward to each new episode.

Viper's Creed, on the other hand, which I also enjoy and has been getting better, has come nowhere near my expectations.