Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Yeah I love the finish on Thundercracker and Skywarp (my favorite), it's like a pearl finish and makes me wish either version of Starscream had that instead of the flat finish.

As for making Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge I'm sure it would be easy for Takara to make them. Here by the way are some custom made figures of the coneheads (not by me unfortunately), they look amazing!

Ramjet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7834016@N02/s...57604137992939/

Thrust

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7834016@N02/s...57605242880848/

Dirge

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7834016@N02/s...57604027700124/

Wow!

That is some love there!

Even sadder when Eric Siebenaler unveiled some of his original design sketches, showing the walking tank mode...for an ultra sized Galvatron, which was later abandoned when Galvatron was switched to a deluxe.

Had it been an ultra like originally planned, I have a feeling that the transformation wouldn't have been a PITA, and that the robot mode would look a TON better.

can you point me to those designs?

Edited by DHX

Looks like Fansproject will be doing a triple changer Springer as its first complete custom figure.

Looks like this'll be the first item I get from Fansproject - maybe...

Although it would suck if a couple months later Takara-Tomy came out with one :)

Pete

Yeah the Fanprojects guys showed up at TFCon.ca. Really nice guys to talk to....except that there was a huge line to talk to them. haha. I'm looking forward to the Superion parts project. That's supposed to be ready for ordering June/July this year.

Finally, I can have an awesome Springer, and Wreck-Gar based on their original designs. Place them with City Commander Magnus, Animated Blur, and Classics Rodimus and have them battle my Unicron.

This reply is just pure and unadulterated nit piking

In episode 52 Auto Bop

starscream and shockwave are running a real estate scam by brain washing people in a club and using them as slave labor to build a office building. At the end of the episode after the auto bots foiled their plan they destroyed the building. The building had no apparent evil use other than making the Decepticons money did the auto bots destroy it out of spit or something?

Edited by miles316

and people loathe Michael Bay...

On topic though I dig the Rodimus Prime concepts too. I've been impressed with Fansproject.....projects in the past, but I'm really looking forward to these new ones.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

In episode 52 Auto Bop

starscream and shockwave are running a real estate scam by brain washing people in a club and using them as slave labor to build a office building. At the end of the episode after the auto bots foiled their plan they destroyed the building. The building had no apparent evil use other than making the Decepticons money did the auto bots destroy it out of spit or something?

Given it was a Decepticon construct, it should probably be assumed it had some nefarious purpose or feature even if it wasn't explicitly stated.

Something like a titanic drill that would extract the Earth's core, causing it to collapse on itself and creating a truly massive diamond.

In episode 52 Auto Bop

Nah, that was all about Soundwave thinkin' he could mix beat's better than Blaster. Plus I think they f'd up Bluestreak's paint job, what the autobots did in retaliation was totally justified. Plus the Decepticons got dangerously close to discovering Sparkplug's illegal chopshop.

Nah, that was all about Soundwave thinkin' he could mix beat's better than Blaster. Plus I think they f'd up Bluestreak's paint job, what the autobots did in retaliation was totally justified. Plus the Decepticons got dangerously close to discovering Sparkplug's illegal chopshop.

A unauthorized demolition in the middle of a City with no immediate danger from the structure though using hypnotized slave labor probably meant the building was of Questionable quality.

Was that post about Sparkplug's illegal chop shop a joke.

Yeah, one of the great unknowns of Auto-Bop is just what that building the Decepticons had constructed was supposed to be.

From TFWiki.net's article for Auto-Bop:

It is never established within the episode itself just what the Decepticons are trying to accomplish with their hypnotize-people-to-construct-a-building plot. However, according to the official Sunbow synopsis included in Metrodome's DVD release: "... the boys and the Autobots pursue Starscream to the skyscraper—a new Decepticon headquarters being constructed by the hypnotized patrons from Dancitron." Oh. Well then.

Even sadder when Eric Siebenaler unveiled some of his original design sketches, showing the walking tank mode...for an ultra sized Galvatron, which was later abandoned when Galvatron was switched to a deluxe.

Had it been an ultra like originally planned, I have a feeling that the transformation wouldn't have been a PITA, and that the robot mode would look a TON better.

I doubt it was Eric Siebenaler who answered that, since he's in charge of Animated and doesn't design any Universe toys. You probably mean Bill Rawley.

can you point me to those designs?
Here you go:

post-2653-1241208941_thumb.jpg

A unauthorized demolition in the middle of a City with no immediate danger from the structure though using hypnotized slave labor probably meant the building was of Questionable quality.

Was that post about Sparkplug's illegal chop shop a joke.

A joke reference to ep 42

2:30 in, Sparkplug's illegal chopshop!

More TF2 toys revealed on wal-mart.com .... and repaints already!!! :blink: :blink:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...olt-more/15760/

Arcee looks like a$$ IMO.

People who know me on here know it's all about the motorcycles for me, so I'm just looking at Arcee here...

Ok, I agree she looks pretty bad here. I assume, however, that her robot mode looking so bad, and Chromia's robot mode looking so bad, mean they combine with the third bike to make a larger, hopefully better looking, robot.

B-b-but... I HATE the twins! Everything about them! I hate their awful head designs, their Jar Jar-esque roles in the film, the fact that Michael Bay created them just to have "dumb Transformers"... how can their combined mode be so...so... AWESOME?! :lol: The ice cream truck combiner is the most ridiculous and awesome thing I've ever seen. I NEED one!

B-b-but... I HATE the twins! Everything about them! I hate their awful head designs, their Jar Jar-esque roles in the film, the fact that Michael Bay created them just to have "dumb Transformers"... how can their combined mode be so...so... AWESOME?! :lol: The ice cream truck combiner is the most ridiculous and awesome thing I've ever seen. I NEED one!

Where are you seeing the combined forms?

Thanks to TFW2005.com, I found these :

My kids and I have a long-standing in-joke about ice cream trucks being the physical embodiment of pure evil on Earth... though I normally only buy motorcycle Transformers, and as much as I agree with you 100% on the hatred of these Jar Jar Binks type characters being added to this movie... I think I may have to buy this as well.

Thanks for the link, too.

Arcee dosen even look like a transformer looks like some one wrapped a motorcycle around a light pole.

Like I said before, I'm just hoping a combined, bigger form makes up for how awful and sloppy this is...

Edited by RavenHawk