Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

No prob. And the steam locomotive Optimus is from Hearts of Steel. Found here...

Thanks again. Got the torrents going right now... slowly...

Now, I'm assuming there were never any toys of any of these, unlike with War Within?

Edited by RavenHawk

Just a heads up for those who have either Alternity Convoy.

The peg on the foot that plugs into the hole of the leg. The ring is cracking and no longer holding the foot in place, causing the leg to seperate.

I don't have this toy myself but i've read a few posts and heard it first hand from at least two people.

Edited by Alex

And even more pics of MP Grimlock from the same place.

http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=263

Next to Prime, with all that back kible, Grimlock looks like a kid with a giant school bag. :p

Proportionally, the Grimlock sculpt is a home-run in my eyes, but the size is killing me. I would gladly have paid $200 if they had made Grimmy as tall as Prime in robot mode. Oh well, I guess they don't want my money that badly.

The ring is cracking and no longer holding the foot in place, causing the leg to seperate.

i'm pretty sure this problem's being caused by the pegs being inserted at an angle, and the ring being clear plastic doesn't help much. not to mention it's a fiddly section to transform.

thanks for the heads-up ^_^

yeah. i have one of those.

aside from the potential cracking problem, it's worth the cash i spent on it.

some of the things that convinced me were the rubber tires, diecast parts, & auto-folding.

if you don't have one yet, buy one now!!! :lol:

Proportionally, the Grimlock sculpt is a home-run in my eyes, but the size is killing me. I would gladly have paid $200 if they had made Grimmy as tall as Prime in robot mode. Oh well, I guess they don't want my money that badly.
Can't say I agree. The $150 price tag deterred me from buying it. At $200, I would not buy it even harder.

Just a heads up for those who have either Alternity Convoy.

The peg on the foot that plugs into the hole of the leg. The ring is cracking and no longer holding the foot in place, causing the leg to seperate.

I don't have this toy myself but i've read a few posts and heard it first hand from at least two people.

Thanks for the warning. :)

-------------------

You USA guys know you're going to be seeing a local release of MP Grimlock at about half the price. It's a sure thing.

As small as MP Grimlock is, there's no way I can justify the price. Not in today's economy.

If he turns up Stateside at the US Price for MP Starscream, I'll bite. He'll replace Classics Grimlock on my Classics/Universe shelf.

Speaking of Classics, David Willis of Shortpacked! fame got his Hot Shot, and is reporting that the license plate does indeed still read "JAAM."

I finally found an Inferno at Wal-Mart. Hopefully, this means that he'll be mostly available everywhere soon, but on the other hand, I got the only one at my local store. I think Wal-Mart, and probably others, are cutting back on the number of Voyagers they keep in stock.

I love Inferno. I love that G1 boxy-chunkiness. He's got a little kibble on his shoulders, and he's a little top heavy, but he's got pretty good articulation. His hips aren't exactly a ball joint, but his legs can spread, rotate inward or outward at both the hips and knees, and bend at the knees, and bend forward and backward as the hips just under 90 degrees. His shoulders are ratchets for rotating up or down, plus he can swing his arms out, rotate above his elbow, bend 90 degrees at the elbow, and rotate at the wrists. His neck can turn, and bed a little up or down.

Transformation is pretty simple... fold the front wheels in, pull the legs down, flip the arms out, then push a button to pop up his head. As simple as it is, though, there's not much in the way of obvious robot parts in alt mode, and aside from a few panels on his arms, not much kibble either.

If I had any complaints about him, it's that he doesn't quite look like Inferno to me. Yes, torso is the front end of a fire truck. But the grill almost says "Optimus Prime." He has both hand, although his non-removable weapon is mounted under his gun-hand arm. And though the head is Inferno, it's missing the water gun, wings, and red kibble. His head does sort of have the wings molded on, but they're small, black, and sweeping back so as not to be seen unless your looking at his head at an angle. If they would have made them white or silver, then put them on a hinge so they swung out, that'd have really made a difference.

Overall, though, he's one of the best Voyagers to come out of the Universe line.

I finally found an Inferno at Wal-Mart. Hopefully, this means that he'll be mostly available everywhere soon, but on the other hand, I got the only one at my local store. I think Wal-Mart, and probably others, are cutting back on the number of Voyagers they keep in stock.

I honestly don't think anyone is stocking up on any Transformers. It was such a mixed bag on who had what: one Walmart had a great stock on Animated Deluxes and Universe Voyagers, one Target had a great stock of Animated Voyagers and Universe Deluxes. Another store had six Jetstorm/Jetfire sets, some had one or none at all. One Walmart only had Deluxe Ratchets.

And of course most of the kids/parents I saw shoipping were looking at Bakugan figures. [blech.]

I did finally get a Cybertron mode Prime, there are a couple minor paint marks and the axe head with pop off with little provocation, but he's otherwise tight. I'm glad I got him over the other Primes, with my only actual grief ibeing that I wish he was a tad bigger. I also picked up a Blitzwing to buddy with Lugnut- I think now I have too many Decepticons. ^_^

Edited by Letigre

It's the obvious choice----as famous and popular as a character gets, after Prime and Megs. Also---nearly impossible to screw up the paint scheme! No "too light" or "too dark" complaints here----he's metallic. Almost any shade in any combination will work well, from silver-white to gunmetal. Pale gold to dark bronze.

Yeah but... I still remember how Hasbro managed to muck up the Optimus Prime Masterpiece... so I shudder to think what they'd do to Grimlock...

Besides - whatch them have to "file" his "nails" for safety concerns - not to mention making his teeth square and totally changing the sword...

Not that I really care, since I'm not getting Hasbro TFs these days...

Pete

The only complaints i have for grim is his size (compared to prime) and the tacky RGB colours on the legs they brought over from the classic toy. I wished that didn't got brought over.

Darn it, just got majorly spoiled for TF:A season 3. And it's mostly my fault. (I thought it was the spoiler I already knew, but it was a different, maybe even bigger one).

Oh the one about the space slug? You have to be careful these days, the internet is a dangerous spoiler filled place :lol: . In other news I still haven't found inferno but I did find the new wheelie and warpath miniformers, they are pretty neat given how small they are.

Edited by dizman

Honestly I think the next Masterpiece should be Devastator. Have all original six bots and have them do a perfect transformation without adding parts. That would be cool.

Well...be prepared to be annoyed if it doesnt look anything like the original toy.

I don't know so far they have done very well with keeping with the spirit of the original toys. the Seekers seem to be the only ones with some divergence to the original design. Those an Ultra Magnus but Fans Project has already rectified that with their classics upgrade

I don't know so far they have done very well with keeping with the spirit of the original toys. the Seekers seem to be the only ones with some divergence to the original design. Those an Ultra Magnus but Fans Project has already rectified that with their classics upgrade

What Takara needs to do is to re-release the original Constructicons again. Then Fans Project can make us combiner parts that allow for articulation!

Anyone else having difficulty trying to find this last wave of universe legends? I really want Wheelie, Cosmos, and Warpath, but what's really disheartening is that the previous wave pretty much came and went very quickly and was never seen again. I hope I didn't miss this last wave.

I did find a couple of Infernos and almost picked him up because everyone is saying how rare it is to see one. I just couldn't. He just doesn't evoke G1 Inferno to me. :(

Never saw Wheelie, but saw a few Cosmos and Warpath at the "non-Super WalMart that usually gets nothing and/or is last". Same store that got the black Leader Ani Megs repaint----they may ship together or something.

Anyone else having difficulty trying to find this last wave of universe legends? I really want Wheelie, Cosmos, and Warpath, but what's really disheartening is that the previous wave pretty much came and went very quickly and was never seen again. I hope I didn't miss this last wave.

Ditto for me too. I've been looking for these guys for awhile now with no luck ...

:mellow:

So, John Tuturro may be voicing Jetfire according to current rumor

Very simialr to John-Rhys Davies voicing both Gimli and Tree-Beard in LotR.

I actually quite like this move if true.

Edited by Alex

I gave up and ordered the set from BBTS. $19.99 for the four of them was actually a pretty good price for BBTS.

Anyway, I got them last week and I love them all. The Legends figures were the stand-outs for me with this last Universe line. I like Cosmos so much I'm tempted to carry him around in my pocket. :)

So, John Tuturro may be voicing Jetfire according to current rumor

Well that's something for him to do, his role in the last movie was ridiculous and unnecessary in my opinion. I also read that Jetfire has facial hair(which is also prominent in the coloring book scans from today), and that he uses one of the Blackbird landing gears as a cane, because he is old and injured.

I got Inferno today, and I'm pleased with it, but it could have definitely been better. Not as disappointing to me as Universe Dinobot and Cheetor(the latter of which was very disappointing).

Inferno has full articulation however his hips are like Jetfire's/Astrotrain's except that they can swivel at the hips. He has ratchets only on the shoulders, and by moving all of the other joints, the rest could have definitely benefitted from ratchets or detents as well. I do with the shoulder plating actually clicked into place or was secured better, otherwise you can have it on the back or side of the shoulders, but it can get pushed out of position easily, especially if you keep it at the sides.

The head joint on mine is a bit wobbly, it holds position but there is definitely room for it to bobble around, for example if the surface it is on is shaking his head will bobble.

Other than that I like the vehicle and robot modes a great deal. The intricacy of the detail definitely reminds me of the G1 toys more so than any other classics/universe figure. I dig the G2 homage by way of the gun because the g2 Inferno was the very first Inferno figure I had as as child. The dark red color of the body here is good, as is the printed details and markings.

Definitely one of the best universe voyagers and so far, looks the most realistic of any universe figure in the line.

I just got Inferno as well, he is quite nice. I do like the arm cannon, it still feels like the old missile hand blaster thing, but he still has a hand as well. I think it is a nice upgrade.

Also, for amyone who enjoys Transformers Animated, the third season started today, and it was EPIC. Tons of action, tons of new characters, lots of interesting answers, loads of references to previous shows. It was great fun. If the rest of the season can compare to this, season 3 will be ledgendary.

Edited by J.T. Silversmith