The Macross Frontier Withdrawal

Lethalzero

Like Morpheus, I'm planning on enjoying Macross Chronicle. Also, I'm finally finihsing up my translation of Miss DJ, and cobbling together summaries for some of the other drama albums for my Mega Macross Torrent, coming in February.

I'm also thinking I'd like to get a group together to fansub all of the Macross stories, but I really need to A) get a new computer, and see what it can do, and B) start getting the remastered Japanese DVDs.

I think it's a good idea because most of the versions out there for downloading have crappy quality, and they're not subbed in the most consistent/attentive fashion. And it would be nice to be able to get nice fansubs of the Frontier DVDs.

I'm also planning on starting up the Months-Long Macross Marathon Madness on Oct. 3 (26th Anniverary of Macross), but unlike last time, this time I'll only be doing two episodes or a movie per night, since I'm quite a bit busier now than I was in March.

Edited by Gubaba

Now I think I'm gonna finish the M7 Remastered w/Subs project, between my work and another stuff I was really busy up to last week

I think it's a good idea because most of the versions out there for downloading have crappy quality, and they're not subbed in the most consistent/attentive fashion. And it would be nice to be able to get nice fansubs of the Frontier DVDs.

I downloaded a version of the Frontier vol 1 DVD subbed with the AonE-Gekkostate-Mencaleve Scripts, and the official song Lyrics. The problem is that the guy who did the job cut off the Deculture Edition because there's no script available

Since the inevitable end for another macross series came....

i was thinking of some things/activities for me to withdraw from this macross syndrome thing...

i was planning to watch other forms of anime ( definitely not hentai ) :lol: lol

so whats your plan

Hmm...for some reason Hentai sounds good right about now. :lol::ph34r:

Anyways in my own way...I'm in the middle of SDFM right now. :) I'm up to episode 27 so far. Went through Episodes 8 through 25 of SDFM just a few hours before gg's released of Episode 24 last week. :)

I'm still contemplating about taking a plunge on Macross 7, but past comments by people here and Agent ONE are holding me back. :( I'm sorry, I just don't really like valks with faces. :( Although with me finishing SDFM & Mac F series finally over, I might just have to suck it up and just watch Macross 7.

Now I think I'm gonna finish the M7 Remastered w/Subs project, between my work and another stuff I was really busy up to last week

I downloaded a version of the Frontier vol 1 DVD subbed with the AonE-Gekkostate-Mencaleve Scripts, and the official song Lyrics. The problem is that the guy who did the job cut off the Deculture Edition because there's no script available

Isn't the A-G-M version the one where Michael unaccountably calls Alto "Frankie"...?

We can do better. ^_^

yeah been rewatching the older series myself and some DYRL. Hold out until the MF movie and of course watching S2 of Gundam 00 this weekend as well. So shouldn't be too rough but will be quite awhile before another fresh Macross series comes out. *sigh*

I'm gonna get the Macross Ace Frontier PSP game. All the valk fun, without all the Klan dung. Oh, and a PSP to play it on, hopefully. :p

And yeah, I should rewatch Frontier sometime. For the first half of the run, I used to watch the episodes raw once, then once again with subs, but I just got too busy towards the end and the last few episodes I just watched once on TV, while eating. I must have totally missed some of the stuff people are talking about in the other threads, like Grace sends Mao a postcard or something? Huh?? Also, I cannot recall where it is specifically stated that Mao is Sheryl's grand-daughter.

Anyway, for the meantime there's the game and the new soundtrack coming so I'm not having any withdrawal symptoms yet. :)

I still have to watch Macross II and Macross 7. Then I will watch Macross Frontier all the way through again. It will take me so long to do that, I would not be surprised if Kawamori doesnt come out with another macross series OVA or Movie before then. Also I am bout to check out Last Exile, Aquarion, Go Lion, and Tetsujin 28 when I find the time.

But I have to say that it was very exciting to watch Frontier and that most of us here were watching it. There was a particular zeitgiest about it that makes me appreciate macrossworld that much more.

I'm also planning on starting up the Months-Long Macross Marathon Madness on Oct. 3 (26th Anniverary of Macross), but unlike last time, this time I'll only be doing two episodes or a movie per night, since I'm quite a bit busier now than I was in March.

I'm planning something a bit more extreme for rewatching the original series.

I actually plan on watching the original series on the actual dates that they would supposedly take place. Unfortunately, some episodes will have to be guessed at since some episodes only have the month that it took place listed. It should prove to be interesting!

Its NOT OVER, I refuse to accept its over...oh man what will I do.......in the mean time I am going to rewatch each and every episode with my friend and his special recipe brownies which for some reason makes macross f really really entertaining(regardless how many times I watch it), and for some reason I get even more hungrier, this I dont know why?

Me I'm writing fanfic using some of the episode material.

Just a snippet

12 years ago Macross 04 Global

For eight years the 177th Research Fleet has been studying the life form known as Vajra.

An insectoid species that can independently achieve folding much like the Galactic Whales.

“Don’t tell me you intend to sacrifice them for that!” said Ranshe Mei arguing with Grace O’Connor in front of them is chamber containing a Vajra queen.

Ranshe Mei’s young children Brera and Ranka is at the other side of the lab. Ranka fascinated by a juvenile Vajra in a tube.

“What is wrong with it?” said Grace O’Connor

“If we combine my implant network theory and the Vajra’s zero time fold communications, we can change the world you know!”

“But…” Ranshe coughs

“I don’t understand Ranshe” sighs Grace

“Why are you defending that thing even though it made you sick?”

Ranshe steps back from Grace

“Wonder why Mom and Grace are fighting?” says Ranka

“Yeah even though they’re always telling us not to fight.” said Brera

“Grace, Ranshe please not in front of the children.”

“Ranka, Brera why don’t you go outside and play with Ozma. I, Mama and Grace are going to talk.” said a 50 year old Mao Nome in a wheel chair. Indicating the new UN Spacy pilot that is with her.

"Yes Nana!" said Ranka and Brera

“But Commander I’m not really good with children.” said Ozma

“Just do it Ozma Lee. That is your punishment for wrecking a new Valkyrie.” said Mao Nome

“I was just testing it with a QM-69 maneuver. Who knew that VF-171 is a piece of junk compared to a VF-17. ” said Ozma

“Ozma…” Mao Nome

“Alright alright… Come on kids lets go watch Minmay Video.” said Ozma

“You mean the movie Do You Remember Love?” said Brera who already watched the movie before.

“I like Minmay’s songs! Especially My Boyfriend is a Pilot!” cheered Ranka

“Do You Remember Love? Who want to watch a dated documentary. This movie has Fire Bomber in it.” said Ozma

“Fire Bomber?” asks Brera and Ranka

“Boy you kids are sheltered…”

My cure for MFW is a CD with the best tracks from Frontier loaded into my truck to lift my spirits. (can't wait to update that with OST2)

on a side note, hey RedWolf do you post any of your fics? They have a small list of Frontier fics over at fanfiction.net in case you haven't heard yet.

My cure for MFW is a CD with the best tracks from Frontier loaded into my truck to lift my spirits. (can't wait to update that with OST2)

on a side note, hey RedWolf do you post any of your fics? They have a small list of Frontier fics over at fanfiction.net in case you haven't heard yet.

Yes its a Macross x NBSG one

Frak Deculture

It's listed at the TV crossovers section.

Well, I plan on watching the entire series with my girl so she can lore at my smiling face as I watch all the awesome action. One time she said, "You look happier than usual when you're watching this." So...she implies I'm happier watching Macross than I am with her! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm continuing my repeat viewing of SDF:M. I have been taking it slow. I'm only up to episode 9 right now. I will continue on with M+, MII, and finally get around to watching all of M7 and everything related to it (i.e. Dynamite 7, Encore, the Galaxy's Calling Me, etc.). I'll probably try to find Macross 7 Trash in English as well.

Looking forward to the new OST2 coming out in a couple of days, and the movie sometime in the not too distant future. Ditto for the VF-100 line and all the new Macross toys coming out in the future.