Macross Frontier VF-171

505thAirborne

The VF-171 as seen in Macross Frontier. If Bandai were to make one in 1/60 scale, would you consider buying one?? And that is a given that the VF-25 is a well made, quality item. The more I see this Fighter in the Macross Frontier series, the more I really like it, as I was never a fan of the VF-17 in M7.

Hope you guys don't mind, yet I didn't see any other threads specifying this topic, SO I thought I would see what peoples opinions are. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Hells yeah I'd get one! I'd like to think that Bandai would be able to sort out the transformation so that the fighter doesn't have such a hefty profile like the VF-17.

I can see why so many people here would prefer a Yamato production, but Bandai have always had better QC in my opinion.

Do you even need to ask?

Of course the answer is yes.

However, I reckon It's unlikely that Bandai will make one in 1/60 scale though.

At least we are getting one in 1/100 scale. Hopefully Bandai will release all three variants: VF-171, RVF-171 and VF-171EX.

Graham

I'd definately get it.... since the VF-17 gets no love from model companies... and Bandai needs to redeem themselfs from their chunky 1/55 VF-17, they must do it

I'd find it silly for Bandai to only make 1/60 of the VF-25, they have to make the whole line (like those damn Gundams), of course, if their 1/60 DX turns out to be crap...they better save it hahaha

If Banda doesn't make one in 1/60 then I probably wont get the VF-25s also. I'd only get it if it was a new line to collect. But as of right now it's not pretty enough to get on his own. Unless they make an armored Ozma. But yeah... I'd like to see a 171 in 1/60 scale.

Do you even need to ask?

Of course the answer is yes.

However, I reckon It's unlikely that Bandai will make one in 1/60 scale though.

At least we are getting one in 1/100 scale. Hopefully Bandai will release all three variants: VF-171, RVF-171 and VF-171EX.

Graham

Do you think they will try the 1/100 scale 1st to see if it sells well, Or the VF-25's in 1/60 are all we'll see for now??

But all 3 variants would be awesome!!!

Yes!

I would love one. The question for me will be which one will look best in battroid and whcih one in Fighter because I love both for this bird and if that means getting one 1/60 or 1/100 for fighter and one 1/72 model for battroid then so be it.

After watching ep 22 last night that would so be yes. And I want it in Alto colors with the fast packs. Like Graham said we probably won't see a 1/60 version though, which sucks as I am looking at getting all the Macross line in 1/60 only (except for the SDF-1 of course).

Edited by logos

Actually I think there is a chance, since Alto flies one, and his is customized. If Bandai is making a DX RVF-25 for that useless POS Luca, then I think theres a chance the hot headed hero Alto's 171EX will be made.

Actually I think there is a chance, since Alto flies one, and his is customized. If Bandai is making a DX RVF-25 for that useless POS Luca, then I think theres a chance the hot headed hero Alto's 171EX will be made.

but we only see alto's 171EX in a couple of episodes. luca's RVF-25 is in more than half.

With the 1/60 DX VF-25F/S, Bandai already have 90%+ common tooling to make Luca's RFV-25, so costs are minimal.

For a VF-171, it means starting from scratch. Big expense.

Graham

First is the VF-25, then the Vajra now we need VF-171.

Wait, no love for the VF-27? That thing is almost similiar to VF-25, I'm sure Bandai only need some adjustment to the VF-25 model to make a VF-27.

Hmmm, lotsa Macross Frontier toys...so do you guys think that Yamato will release an MF version of the VB-6 Konig Monster? I'm noticing a lot of talks about 1/100 scale toys.

I really hope so. It is gorgeous. Also there are those other destroids in Frontier that are cool. Like in the beginning of episode 19. Are those on the mecha manual yet?

First is the VF-25, then the Vajra now we need VF-171.

Wait, no love for the VF-27? That thing is almost similiar to VF-25, I'm sure Bandai only need some adjustment to the VF-25 model to make a VF-27.

The differences are probably like those between the YF-19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S/kai/P, which would require starting over from scratch. Similar in appearance and transformation, but different enough in parts and fitting that slight changes would change how everything fits together.

With the 1/60 DX VF-25F/S, Bandai already have 90%+ common tooling to make Luca's RFV-25, so costs are minimal.

For a VF-171, it means starting from scratch. Big expense.

It's piloted by Alto though, and once the 171 mold is tooled up we could get.....

-VF-171EX Alto type

-RVF-171EX Luca type

-VF-171 NUNS

-RVF-171 NUNS

-VF-171 special VF-17 Diamond Force colors

I can see it happening.

considering how Frontier is close to finish and Alto is seen still on his VF-171EX on next week episode, looks like Alto could finish it in that valk, so Bandai most do it.... pretty please...

infact...

Bandai could even pull out a special VF-171SEX!! in honor of the original SEX valkyrie

spoiler notice for the kiddies around here :ph34r: