VF-25 1/100 transformable toy thread

David Hingtgen

Two small pictures and word that it has part swapping, but not knowing what exactly has to be swapped

and you are already deeming this failure.

That is truly an uninspiring attitude you are displaying. :p

[fight mode] Come on Kensei, come on... [/fight mode]

...and what an uninspired thread title it is for this toy.

Yeah, David, can't you put in words like "Extravaganza" or "Super-Spectacular!!"? Perhaps rename it "OMFG!!!1/100 VF-25 iz TEH ROXXORZ!!"

:p

Anyway...the extent of disassembly hasn't been determined yet for this toy. It could be that just the landing gear has to be removed or it could mean Lego-style dismantle it and rebuild it in a different mode, or somewhere in between. If it's major parts swapping I'll just pass the VF-25 but if other more obscure valks are release, parts-forming or not I wont be able to resist them.

Edited by eriku

The thread titles are intentionally a bit different, so that people don't just "glance" at a thread and click/post in the wrong one.

And as I said---I haven't followed this at all, so can't really say much about it. All the mods are free to edit this thread as needed---including the title. And the first day or two of all the new threads will need a lot of editing just to get all the pics/info sorted out. Hard to compress a 100-page thread into a single post and take the 1% of it that was about the 1/100 out into this one...

More likely cus' it's a test shot and test shots are usually much looser than the final production version.

Especially because they are made of resin, which is heavier than the production plastic.

I don't want to speculate too much, but if the vertical stabilizer section has to be swapped out, that might mean extensive parts swapping. These toys remind me of the Eureka 7 figures Bandai made a few years ago.

I think the parts-swapping will definitely be more extensive than just deployed/stowed landing gear. In one of the magazines (Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby, god, they all look the same to me) they mention that the original mockup or something proved too brittle with the delicate hinges all over the place, so they went with the swappable parts and thus solved the problem.

On the up-side, we may have a more "playable" toy than the DX. Don't forget that as awesome as the Aquarion is, the thing can barely stand up under its own weight.

I'm undecided as to whether I'll go for this or the 1/72 kit. I have little interest in the DX at the moment.

they mention that the original mockup or something proved too brittle with the delicate hinges all over the place, so they went with the swappable parts and thus solved the problem.

Argg....damn!!! Well...it was a possibility given the size, but dissapointing to me nonetheless.

Probably quicker and easier to see them here: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-73424-1-1.html

Seems like a nice size to play with, price for us seems to be $46 or so +shipping. For now, I am dissapointed with the sculpt of the battroid mode. I want to see the final prototype images, its in resin now so that might be way it can't be posed very well in those shots. Something seems off to me, like the shoulders seem too high. The vertical stabilizers might fold the same way the ventral fins on Yamato's new 1/60 fold; pulling the fin out a centimeter or so and then folding. That would explain the lack of a visible hinge.

On the up-side, we may have a more "playable" toy than the DX.

I think it depends...if its as durable as the chunkies, my head will not only explode, but we will have an awesome, highly playable toy.

Thanks for the link David!!!

I like the proportions of the 1/100 better than the 1/60. Same with the 1/72 model kit, I like it a lot more.

The 1/60 has a woman body, small upper body with big legs and big thighs :(

The 1/60 DX HAS WOMAN LEGS damn' it :angry::angry:

I think this thread is gonna be closed, since this one is out with all the new pics.

...Although this thread was started before that one, and it was started in an attempt to reign in all of the pictures being posted in random threads...and yet someone still started that other thread rather than posing it here in the official thread. :wacko:

Yup, here we go all over again. people are already confusing 1/60 prototypes with the 1/100.

Chris

Don't worry we are only comparing the 1/100 against the 1/60 from this pic from the link David provided ;)

We are still under the legal boundaries :lol:

post-557-1220114943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

The GA article lists what will be the swapping parts.

1. the head

2. the shoulder-joint area

3. the crotch area block

4. the rear fins

(Not too bad IMHO)

The general transformation system itself (the folding areas and whatnot) is unchanged.

Edited by Vifam7

Thanks for the link David!!!

I like the proportions of the 1/100 better than the 1/60. Same with the 1/72 model kit, I like it a lot more.

The 1/60 has a woman body, small upper body with big legs and big thighs :(

The 1/60 DX HAS WOMAN LEGS damn' it :angry::angry:

It is supposed to have a woman's body. You have never heard of planes and ships called a she? The VF-25 has an elegance about it that doesn't work if it were trying to be representing a male body I think.