The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

I am only going to by the first one of the series. They are too dam similar and knowing Yamato will charge an arm and leg plus a head for it for a piece of plastic that doesnt even transform. Heck I would prefer them from Revoltech

wasn't that the general idea of the destroids? common parts to cut development/production time? the legs and lower torso of the Tomahawk, Defender, and Phalanx should be (nearly) identical. it's the upper torso that is very different.

I love the destroids. These look detailed and stuff! I bought the QRau and I liked that but one thing I hope yamato get used to is making good clicky joints. Because these are non transforming robots it shouldn't be that hard.

I'm lagging behind everyone in getting everything so I want them to take their time with it and make sure the QC is high.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

All signs seem to be pointing towards the Phalanx and Spartan in 2009.

I wonder if the folks at Yamato are thinking about taking their old 1/60 prototype out of mothballs.

isn't that the tomahawk from the waist down? <_<

Not surprising, since the Tomahawk, Defender and Phalanx were made from the same frame. There's even an old toy (Destroid Conversion Kit) that features one body with interchangeable parts to change between the 3 destroids.

There were differences in the details on the outer, upper legs between the Phalanx, Defender & Tomahawk. Each had different box-like structures there. But apart from that, yeah, they were the same 'chassis'.

any new release dates surfaced yet? the tomahawk is due september right? hope it's within the next couple of weeks so i can pick them up during travel. i was bored yesterday and decided to add up my shipping charges for the year. the total made me regret ever adding them up, and don't get me started on the customs charges.

That's just a Test shot or painted resin sample in that pic, not the production version.

The final production version will likely have tampo printed markings.

We get this we every release. prototype pics turn up online showing the toy with stickers and people start complaining, then when the toy is released it has tampo printed markings.

You guys should know the rountine after all these years!

The only toy that Yamato really should have tampoed but didn't IMO was the Uran Camo 1/48 GBP.

Graham

Well it's September. Anyone know (roughly) what day Tomahawk is releasing on? I had one on preorder but had a wallet crunch because I picked up some flexi stands and a Sony PRS-505 digital book (which is the cat's ass by the way!) and now I am officially back on Ichiban for awhile. If the Tomahawk does not come out till the end of the month I might be able to get enough scratch together.