The Yamato 1/60 "Destroid" Thread

Lonely Soldier Boy

I guess that would depend on your perception. If you see new toy releases as fortunate, then it would be good luck. If you really enjoy hearing things are mired in delays or have a fear of new releases for budgetary reasons then these releases by month end would be bad luck. I've been very skeptical that any of these toys would hit their release dates but now it seems that CMs is on target but I'm still very curious as to whether this destroid will make its release date.

My perception is more biased towards my wallet. Ow. :p

I don't really have a big problem with delayed toys, simply because (1) it's a luxury item anyhow, and (2) taking it positive it just might mean the company is taking time to make it better.

Yes, it can be frustrating if you really WANT something... but after many years, I realise "want" is not "need", so I tend to take it as it comes.

On the flip side, having the toy delivered on time also doesn't trigger the throes of joy some of you go through. :D It's something nice to play with and to display, but as before, "wants" vs. "needs" -- I could have lived without. :)

EDIT: Having said that, I do have 2 Tomahawks on pre-order. It would be nice if they come in soon, but I've got enough stuff from other hobbies to keep me busy for some time.

Edited by Lynx7725

Yes, it can be frustrating if you really WANT something... but after many years, I realise "want" is not "need", so I tend to take it as it comes.

Well said indeed.

The problem is my lack of self control and my need for things i 'want' get together and suck the money right out of my wallet.

I shudder to think what I have spent on Star Wars toys in just over a month...

Get a wife so she can spend your money before you get it. :angry:

Getting her was my last big purchase... and is what has reduced my collecting. :blink::lol:

Amazon Japan updated their release date to October 1st (it had been September 25th). Assuming they are accurate (which IS just an assumption) then at least the slip isn't that much.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language...;language=en_JP

/edit

Looks like Yamato has updated their Tomahawk page to show a release date of October 1st too...

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1184

Edited by T0t0r0

wow, i didn't think it possible but those photos actually made me think twice about my current pre-order. i may just have to re-work my budget for the winter. i'm not familiar with how Yamato works, is the release of a weathered version an indication that they are seeing significant interest in the destroids? or is it just their standard procedure?

Well may be this weathered one will not be limited hard to get like the 1:48. The already closed up 1:48 and were just milking the old mold with a few special 1:48, and avoid giving the new 1:60 too much competition. Or may be they were experimenting with the extra paint process, so they can be cost effect for mass production.

My biggest concern is what if the Tomahawk is the only weathered one but they will only release clean version of the other two brothers?