what makes you roflmao when watching macross?

LMAO, I love that scene. I am watching the original Macross for the first time and I am on ep.30 so I can't wait to see that again. I saw it in Robotech version of course and I thought it was funny even then. I don't know if the Zentradi says anything like in the RT version but it is still one of my favorite moments.

Exedol dancing Minmay style :wacko:

Exedol asking if lingerie are classified military secret :lol:

Kaifun being manhandled... errm... womanhandled by Laplamis :lol: (boy i love this one hahahahaha poor thing :p)

oh yeah... and Warera wearing skirts :lol: and going into the ladies... !! XD

Edited by Shun

More bizarre than funny, but when that weird looking lady from the audience starts going "Minmay! Minmay! Minmay!"....

The girl looks kinda scary. It's on the episode where Minmay leaves the stage (just before her and Kyle split... one of the last episodes.... I think 3rd to the last).

I also dig scenes where the bridge bunnies interact... "Stop calling me an diot!" so cute.

I had just saw the original Macross TV series for the first time weeks ago.

That shiznit is the "Godfather" of Anime for sure.

=)

More bizarre than funny, but when that weird looking lady from the audience starts going "Minmay! Minmay! Minmay!"....

The girl looks kinda scary. It's on the episode where Minmay leaves the stage (just before her and Kyle Kaifun split... one of the last episodes.... I think 3rd to the last).

Fixed! :p

DYRL:

Zent A: "Zentran and Meltran!!"

Zent B: "Zentran and Meltran???!"

Zent A: "Zentran and Meltran."

And I was gonna say the knife fight too, but I was beaten to the punch. I guess the battle at the air base in episode whatever, the "Private Time" one where Misa waits all day for Hikaru. In that, Hikaru gets into a Spartan and slaps a Zentradi's ass (rendering him unconscious?!).

Finally, gotta give credit to Minmay and Kaifun, too stupid to escape through the bars when they're trapped in a fork prison.

Edited by Renato

SDFM

I laughed when that captain that was temporarly replacing Cpt. Gloval hits his head at the door.

The whole Zentradi spies thing is way too funny.

When Max rescues Hikaru, Misa and Kakizaki, and he places Misa and Hikaru in the same place, lol.

When Bodolza is watching that movie and he think its real.

In episode 1. when Excedol and Writhai are astonished watching a couple of destroyed Zentradi vessels in the monitor, its funny to watch their faces when realizing we had reaction weaponry.

Watching Hikaru getting his Vf-1 moving and crashing over Minmay's roof got me an smile too.

DYRL

When Misa bitchslaps Hikaru after he kisses her.

Well I actually had a roflmao moment with the scene depicted in Master Dex's current avatar:

vsib1s.gif

Red Lobster has an explosive arm? :huh::lol:

Anyways as for the original SDFM, the roflmao moment for me was the CF-1A that lit the cigarette of the Zentraedi soldier using the fraking GUNPOD!!! :ph34r::lol:

BTW, can anybody post a picture of that one? :)

ALSO, another roflmao moment was Episode 1 of SDFM, the part where Capt. Gloval bumps his head while entering the bridge. :lol: Why could'nt MF have that homage using Capt. Wilder? :(

IIRC, there was also the Max's VF-1A disguising itself as a Zentraedi Soldier. :)

Edited by grss1982

I like these quotes, just from the top of my head -

"Your... bombed! Drinking during the day ..."

"Bullshit, you don't know the first thing about journalism."

.. the english voice actor is mega cool pulling off Dennis's harcore war correspondent voice. :D

but these are not roflao... there is none of those scenes for me, more like "lol" like.

When Hikaru almost dies from loss of breath trying to get the big Tuna in and then both look to find the head of thebig ass tuna, that's roflmao

also while not roflmao, a lmao moment is when i heard on cd some guy signing "kuun kuun, kuun kuun" part of Minmay's song in some macross 7 karoke concert! :lol:

still haven't got around to watching M7 yet, so i'm looking forward to seeing that scene. :p

Also love it when Isamu headbutts yang! :p

Any scene with marsh, and especially his bartender, "Marsh, it's h-i-b-i-k-i o-n t-h-e p-h-o-n-e.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

In SDF Macross Global takes the cake.

Global: Take off!

(engine blocks promptly rip themselves clean off the Macross)

Global: What in the world ....?!

Claudia: Those would appear to be our gravity control systems, sir.

Global: The gravity control systems?! You're kidding.

(Macross comes crashing back to the ground).

Global: What a piece of junk this ship turned out to be.

Misa: That's refurbished parts for you, sir.

Global: Gah.

Global: Don't you worry, I'm sure we can fold right back, seeing how we made it here in one piece.

(phone rings. Global answers it)

Global: Yes? What?! .... I see. I'll be right over.

Global (to the bridge crew): Apparently, the fold system has vanished into thin air.

Global: :sigh: Looks like this is going to be one long trip.

Macross 7 Plus: Seven Bridge

Goes to show that no matter how old Max is he's still pimp.

Unlike a certain Macross Quarter captain who takes advantage of bridge bunnies, it's the bridge bunnies that try to take advantage of Max!

Zentradi turncoats Quamzin

th_1212216698283.jpg

I knew that Zentradi already knew about booze and learned about sex from us but did we really need to culture them with that disgusting habit?

Macross 7 Encore: Fleet of the Strongest Women

Basara turns an entire fleet of Meltrandi into fangirls

Bridge Bunny Sally with a WTF expression: Anyway Basara's singing appears to be working.:confused:

Exsedol tricks UN Spacy at firing Macross canon, Letting Basara do his thing.

Loli Bridge Bunny Miho Miho: Excellently done Advisor Exsedol!

Sexy Bridge Bunny Sally: We have to go for a date sometime! <3 ;)

Exsedol: You're embarassing this old man. *blushes*

Jamming Bird Auditions or Macross 7 Idol

Max: Jamming Birds wonder if it will work?

Exsedol: Well at least even if it fails we get to see young girls in bikini.

Well I actually had a roflmao moment with the scene depicted in Master Dex's current avatar:

vsib1s.gif

Red Lobster has an explosive arm? :huh::lol:

I originally saw it as a good avatar because it was sort of a bad ass moment for Ozma. The guns and the nukes don't work so he rips the bugs arm off and kills him with it. However it is funny as well.

Definitly those recuring jokes like the "No smoking on the bridge", the flower girl and the Milia's frustrations with aging. Also the baby scene is brilliant:

Misa: Can I hold Komilia?

Milia: No, she is mine, make your own...

Misa: please

Milia: "sigh" ok

Milia: Catch!

The rest : *shocked*

Max: *dry* "Don't worry, Komilia has strong bones".

Stage fright! Go away!.. This is my BIG Day!!.. This is my time to be a STAAAARRRR!!!

That makes mr roll on the floor.

The fact that I watched RT in the 80's even AFTER seeing the unmolested SDFM.

Stage fright! Go away!.. This is my BIG Day!!.. This is my time to be a STAAAARRRR!!!

OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS

Much as I love a lot of RT's score, (Macross Saga, mind you, not the new age crap from the Southern Cross and Mospeada segments)

God, I hate english Minmei's "singing"...

Edited by RF-26AAC

Several scene in Macross are good for laugh, but for me, the best laugh I got is from reading this forum.

Watching people reaction after a certain episode aired was priceless, like when DT goes WTF in episode 12. Also when MisaForever keep asking why Ranka is part FAST pack is genuine lol :lol:

Several scene in Macross are good for laugh, but for me, the best laugh I got is from reading this forum.

Watching people reaction after a certain episode aired was priceless, like when DT goes WTF in episode 12. Also when MisaForever keep asking why Ranka is part FAST pack is genuine lol :lol:

ma2ha3 tells great jokes, as well.

But I think the funniest thread is still this one:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25757

ALL-TIME MACROSSWORLD CLASSIC! :D

ma2ha3 tells great jokes, as well.

But I think the funniest thread is still this one:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25757

ALL-TIME MACROSSWORLD CLASSIC! :D

Some people are beyond help, mm hmm. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so it's not really part of Macross and just something that some subber tossed in, but it still makes me laugh - I mean who doesn't love a Topgun line kicked in for fun. Don't know if you can tell but it's from episode 4 and Alto's 25 is coming down and crossing in front of the school.

post-8467-1219824846_thumb.jpg

Edited by hobbes221

Okay, so it's not really part of Macross and just something that some subber tossed in, but it still makes me laugh - I mean who doesn't love a Topgun line kicked in for fun. Don't know if you can tell but it's from episode 4 and Alto's 25 is coming down and crossing in front of the school.

Haha that line fits the scene so damn well ^^