Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

Wow, go azrael. I have trouble remembering my grocery list :)

That is why you fail! ^_^

Either way, the cannon firing was epic and makes me wonder, Can the Vajra evolve to withstand its awesome power??

Well, a protodevlin could withstand a direct hit from a fully charged Macross Cannon in M7, if the Vajra could do the same then Frontier is totally screwed without help from Minmay attack (Basara or Ranka) ^_^

Some guy at 4-chan make a size comparison chart for all the Macross class. Looks like quarter could sit on Battle-7 shoulder and becoming a shoulder pet :lol:

BTW, Quarter Macross cannon only fires a single energy bolt instead of continuous beam, so I want to name it Macross Shotgun/Rifle :p

post-653-1219118618_thumb.gif

Edited by Morpheus

Some guy at 4-chan make a size comparison chart for all the Macross class. Looks like quarter could sit on Battle-7 shoulder and becoming a shoulder pet :lol:

BTW, Quarter Macross cannon only fires a single energy bolt instead of continuous beam, so I want to name it Macross Shotgun/Rifle :p

:o

The quarter looks tiny. :ph34r:

Its' like:

Nanase = NMC

Ranka = SDF

Ai-Kun = Macross Quarter

I don't think there's anything special about Battle 25's gunship. I'm sure MQ's cannon could do the same but they get much more functionality by changing modes. M7's gunship is probably no different. M7 never had a Macross Quarter to guide the targets into the gunship's cone of fire, which is probably why they ended up transforming Battle 7.

That always puzzled me, since the gunship is essentially a separate ship attached to the NMC.

It can detach and fire independently from the carrier ship (not yet seen animated). If the tracking fire we saw in Frontier is a common feature to all generations of NMC then Max (or rather the M7 director) WAS showing off and thus Max was putting the citizenry in unecessary danger during the transformation sequence.

True, the Attacker mode would allow for greater firing arcs, however that would only truly be beneficial in a massive armada scenario like the one we saw in SDFM/DYRL. It could be argued that is why the NMC was designed to transform the way it was, however in limited engagements like in MF/M7, full transformation is not required for the NMC to fire it's cannon, that appears to be necessary for the Quarter.

rocket20propelled20chainsaw.jpg

You mean like this?

ImageD.jpg

That always puzzled me, since the gunship is essentially a separate ship attached to the NMC.

It can detach and fire independently from the carrier ship (not yet seen animated). If the tracking fire we saw in Frontier is a common feature to all generations of NMC then Max (or rather the M7 director) WAS showing off and thus Max was putting the citizenry in unecessary danger during the transformation sequence.

True, the Attacker mode would allow for greater firing arcs, however that would only truly be beneficial in a massive armada scenario like the one we saw in SDFM/DYRL. It could be argued that is why the NMC was designed to transform the way it was, however in limited engagements like in MF/M7, full transformation is not required for the NMC to fire it's cannon, that appears to be necessary for the Quarter.

Seems to be the victim of a standard anime theme, the more powerful a weapon is, the longer it takes to prep and fire - usually accompanied by gratuitous footage of the preparation/transformation.

Edited by d3v

You mean like this?

ImageD.jpg

wow...nice drawing (if that is your work that is...)

anyways, why haven't the lobsters analyzed the Quarter's "quantum cannon", while analyzed Frontiers main cannon, as they're gonna face them both in the future (episodes)

wow...nice drawing (if that is your work that is...)

anyways, why haven't the lobsters analyzed the Quarter's "quantum cannon", while analyzed Frontiers main cannon, as they're gonna face them both in the future (episodes)

I don't think the lobsters will be able to develop enough resistance to a Macross Cannon scale weapon <_< Sure the Vajra develop resistance to ESA ammunition and reaction weapon due to being repeatedly hit (and blown) by it, and Brera said that Vajra transmit this information to the main hive so the next generation could adapt to it. Even it manage to develop some resistance to Macross Cannon (dimensional based weapon), I don't think it could last long enough. Besides armor resistance =/= immunity. However I think the Vajra Gunship could develop enough resistance and armor to directly challenge Quarter or Battle Frontier head on.

Ok, now I need to count how many catgirls I killed today, hopefully none. ^_^

I don't think the lobsters will be able to develop enough resistance to a Macross Cannon scale weapon <_< Sure the Vajra develop resistance to ESA ammunition and reaction weapon due to being repeatedly hit (and blown) by it, and Brera said that Vajra transmit this information to the main hive so the next generation could adapt to it. Even it manage to develop some resistance to Macross Cannon (dimensional based weapon), I don't think it could last long enough. Besides armor resistance =/= immunity. However I think the Vajra Gunship could develop enough resistance and armor to directly challenge Quarter or Battle Frontier head on.

Ok, now I need to count how many catgirls I killed today, hopefully none. ^_^

Forget the Catgirls, your always going on about the catgirls. If it is bad to put real physics into anime isn't it worse to assume you can hurt fictional anime feline-girl hybrid? I'm just saying :p .

Wolfx

They never said but after we've seen the VF-25 does in fact have pinpoint barriers and the way the pin point barrier punch was animated on the VF-171 it is all but obvious that that knife is enhanced by a pin point barrier.

Wolfx

They never said but after we've seen the VF-25 does in fact have pinpoint barriers and the way the pin point barrier punch was animated on the VF-171 it is all but obvious that that knife is enhanced by a pin point barrier.

I won't be too quick to make that conclusion. For all you know even the PPB punch isn't a PPB. And drawing from visual comparisons is not conclusive either because beam weapons and kinetic weapons aren't distinguishable in the animation. There's still lacking of official specs of the valkyries in Frontier. I for one would like to believe its not a PPB on the knife but a vibro blade effect.

On a mildly related topic has anyone noticed how the suits went skintight in the Frontier. I think I know why. They have switched to using mechanical counter pressure suits, or bio-suits, which hug the wearer pretty closely as oppossed to gas counter-pressure suits like has been used in the past. It's a nice little bit of art imitating life, as scientists are working on a mechanocal counter-pressure bio-suit now to replace the current michelin man suits we use.

On the topic of the 25's knife I had the idea that it could be a type of energy converting armor that we have not seen yet. The way I look at it is that if you kick enough power into the blade you might be able get something along the lines of a knife with the hardness of a diamond. And the glowing is a byproduct of the large amount of power used by the blade, this could also work for the punch by the 171 as at least to me it did not look like the type of PPB that have been seen before. Oh well just some ideas that were floating around.

On the topic of the 25's knife I had the idea that it could be a type of energy converting armor that we have not seen yet. The way I look at it is that if you kick enough power into the blade you might be able get something along the lines of a knife with the hardness of a diamond. And the glowing is a byproduct of the large amount of power used by the blade, this could also work for the punch by the 171 as at least to me it did not look like the type of PPB that have been seen before. Oh well just some ideas that were floating around.

Hardness does not equate sharpness. It will be like coating a layer of concrete around the knife but that doesn't serve to make the knife any more lethal, and that's why i don't think its a PPB.

Hardness does not equate sharpness. It will be like coating a layer of concrete around the knife but that doesn't serve to make the knife any more lethal, and that's why i don't think its a PPB.

I'm not saying that it is a PPB but a blade that is very sharp on its own and with a ECA system making that edge hard to break or even dull.

Off pin point barriers for a second, I was watching Macross Zero episode 5 and notice the SV-51 throttle is extremely unique. Instead of moving like a normal one for instance the VF-0, VF-19 or VF-22, it moves like the flight stick only forward and rearward and I'm not sure if I saw correctly but when Nora's 51 was crashing in episode 3 the throttle was in the 1 o'clock position making think back to what some said in another thread about the throttle being in multiple positions in different modes. 12 o'clock for battroid, 1 o'clock for gerwalk, 3 o'clock for fighter. Any thoughts?

Off pin point barriers for a second, I was watching Macross Zero episode 5 and notice the SV-51 throttle is extremely unique. Instead of moving like a normal one for instance the VF-0, VF-19 or VF-22, it moves like the flight stick only forward and rearward and I'm not sure if I saw correctly but when Nora's 51 was crashing in episode 3 the throttle was in the 1 o'clock position making think back to what some said in another thread about the throttle being in multiple positions in different modes. 12 o'clock for battroid, 1 o'clock for gerwalk, 3 o'clock for fighter. Any thoughts?

Yeah I always thought that there was a mid point for the throttle but I remember someone saying that it was never shown. I know that in Frontier there are shots that show the throttle down while the VF is in gerwalk so it's my theory that the throttle on at least some VFs slides right to left for gerwalk and then rotates up for battroid. And as for the throttle itself that could be the default setting as many aircraft today have throttles that are upright, although most are single engine aircraft. Would just love for SK to kick out a VF flight manual to answer all these tech questions but until that happens let the theories and ideas flow.

I have been theorizing lately that maybe for gerwalk the throttle stick rotates for that change and then flips straight up for battroid. Although I admit the left or right motion for gerwalk is just as good.

In ep 20, the Quarter seems to be able to use its Macross cannon to fire small rapid beams rather than the usual giant blast.

They also show it on epi.14 when Alto bringing Sheryl back to Quarter ^_^

Well, it seems as though the Frontier forces upgraded their ammo again. We're back as of episode 20 to regular bullets and missiles being able to blow up both yellow and red drones.

FROM A VF-25 CANNON FODDER no less!

Plus, it's great to see those Ex-Gears in action again. Mobile Infantry rules.

SMS 003

2r2nnz9.jpg

Here is a nice pic of the VF-27 cockpit. Is that the left shoulder of an Ex-Gear to the right of the pic?

It certainly looks like it. Heck I've even seen an Ex-gear in Canaria's Konig Monster. :ph34r:

one word... LAG

that remote control setup likely is not very effective as range increases.

Could be, since in Episode 7 wasn't there some character in that episode who mentioned about +40 Lag. Although IF NUNS does find a way to harness those Vajra crystals then the problem of lag could be solved. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Could be, since in Episode 7 wasn't there some character in that episode who mentioned about +40 Lag. Although IF NUNS does find a way to harness those Vajra crystals then the problem of lag could be solved. :ph34r:

There is still lag. It may be reduced, but there's still lag. There's also the chance of something disrupting the signal.

On the topic of Ghost fighters, remote controls and lag there is also the reason that by using a data link in almost any form blows away any type of EMCON, or emission control. That means that if the enemy has any type of electronic warfare support measures they could use the data link to find out where the fleet is. Space is big and if you are at war you may not want to give away your location by having what is the electronic form of a leash going from your air wing right back to your carrier. In today's military there are many times when aircrews will not even use the radio for most if not the whole flight, using only hand and light signals to communicate. I'm not a real big fan of UCAVs (unmanned combat air vehicle) I feel that they have their place in war, but should never replace pilots in many missions.