Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread III *Read 1st Post*

azrael

ChronoReverse

You're probably right. It's best to err on the side of caution, especially now that we've seen the Battle Frontier/25 fire in Carrier mode (which may or may not have been an existing feature all along).

Correction made and new page uploaded. Make sure to select "Refresh". Thanks again.

Fade Rathnik

I think it's the metric. Some yanks see the units of measure and just zone out :)

It is rather impressive when you think about it: a slug taller than the average person firing out a rail gun. That has to really hurt. Sad part is, we never did see them in action :(

sucker4meltrans

I assume the process involves super dimension space, like nearly every OverTechnology. The additional mass is probably formed from the suspension liquid in the micloning chamber, using super dimension energy. The micloning chamber is Protoculture technology and they were responsible for super dimension organs and other major feats of biotechnology. So when a Zentran sizes up, the additional mass may be super dimension energy converted to biomass and when they are reduced to human size, the mass might be converted to energy and simply dumped in super dimension space.

Edited by Mr March

Thanks papabear. I'm glad you like the site.

You also won some major points with me; you actually looked through the "For Fans Only" section. I sometimes feel that section is the most ignored portion of the site, so it makes me feel good to know you enjoyed it.

sucker4meltrans

I assume the process involves super dimension space, like nearly every OverTechnology. The additional mass is probably formed from the suspension liquid in the micloning chamber, using super dimension energy. The micloning chamber is Protoculture technology and they were responsible for super dimension organs and other major feats of biotechnology. So when a Zentran sizes up, the additional mass may be super dimension energy converted to biomass and when they are reduced to human size, the mass might be converted to energy and simply dumped in super dimension space.

You mean extra-dimensional capacitance? A.K.A. hammerspace where girls get stuff out of nowhere. :blink:

You also won some major points with me; you actually looked through the "For Fans Only" section. I sometimes feel that section is the most ignored portion of the site, so it makes me feel good to know you enjoyed it.

For the record I like your Fans only section and I check that out from time to time.

I like the motivational pic on that section, makes me wonder wheres the motivational pic for the reaction weapons (solutions and problem to everything IIRC). ^_^

LOL :) Hammerspace indeed.

Thanks fellas. It good to hear that some like the section.

Yes, I need to build some more Macross Demotivators. Macross Frontier stuff should be easy, but it's getting high quality scans of the older shows that's the problem. But I'll think of some more.

Oh, right. I'd forgotten about that. Yes, some members have asked about that before and I think I was waiting until most of the website was complete before making a "master list" webpage. Guess I don't have an excuse now :)

I'll see what I can do.

I like the motivational pic on that section, makes me wonder wheres the motivational pic for the reaction weapons (solutions and problem to everything IIRC). ^_^

I made that poster once for the ep.14 thread but it went largely unnoticed. I still have the file if Mr. March wants it for his site. I'm having trouble uploading files lately but I think it won't be too much of a problem.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=...st&id=56898

Sorry to annoy, but maybe someone could tell us which these pics comes from?

I'm interested to buy this mag/book!

Thanks.

akim.

That is most likely some pre-production line art Kawamori drew when he was still working out what the VF-25 would actually look like and the how the transformable armor pack would work.

BTW....I just ewatched episode 14 and I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but I think this is the first episosde (Episode 14 I mean) where we first see those missles in the booster parts of the Super Pack fire. :mellow:

Some pics from Episode 14:

2805e0w.jpg

2nkkeu.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Nice catch grss1982. It looks really purty :)

If only we could get a missile count, then I could die happy :)

Don't die yet, I want you to finish M3 first <_< , grss1982 you will be the prime suspect if M3 is not updated in the future ^_^

Nice catch grss1982. It looks really purty :)

If only we could get a missile count, then I could die happy :)

When I first noticed the missiles coming from the boosters I remember that 3 seem to fire from each booster at once and he fires twice on screen before ejecting Michael's fast packs most likely due to running out. So in that scene we see him fire at least 12 missiles from the engine pods. We don't know if there is more that we didn't see him fire but those were Michael's Fast packs from Gallia 4 and we know Michael didn't use them, however Alto could have used some missiles before finding Sheryl, Michael, and Luca. So for now all we know is the engine pieces on the super packs collectively carry at least 12 missiles. The super pack also has missiles in the 'chest' piece as well.

Don't die yet, I want you to finish M3 first <_< , grss1982 you will be the prime suspect if M3 is not updated in the future ^_^

:lol:

Don't blame me for having too much time on my hands. B))

ALSO...It seems that the Super Pack can carry FOUR nukes as well. :ph34r:

An the WINGS no less!!! :ph34r:

Some screencaps from Episode 17:

2q21zk1.jpg

Well would you look at that. Even Luca gets to fire off some Reaction Missles. He really is'nt that useless, as some would like to think. :lol:

Too bad his Ghosts could'nt carry any, because if they did that would have been TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :ph34r:

149p69y.jpg

Alto firing some. :D

BTW, thanks for the nice catch comments, it makes me feel that no one else saw that scene after viewing it many times. :D

Edited by grss1982

I can't help but notice this in the M7 NMC article. While we only see it used in Attack mode in M7, where was it stated it could ONLY be used in that mode?

When City 7 is 'stolen' and Battle 7 arrives on scene with only seconds to spare and prepares to transform to fire the cannon but they don't have time so Max cancels the transformation and just rams the other ship, don't you think that if it was at all possible to fire the cannon in ship mode, he'd have done so? Near the end of the series he even does 70-80% charge firings to save time, but still always waits for transformation to finish.

When City 7 is 'stolen' and Battle 7 arrives on scene with only seconds to spare and prepares to transform to fire the cannon but they don't have time so Max cancels the transformation and just rams the other ship, don't you think that if it was at all possible to fire the cannon in ship mode, he'd have done so? Near the end of the series he even does 70-80% charge firings to save time, but still always waits for transformation to finish.

Max is a show-off. :rolleyes::lol:

BTW, thanks for the nice catch comments, it makes me feel that no one else saw that scene after viewing it many times. :D

I did notice it because I take extensive screen shots of mecha action from episodes for my personal collection (I share images if people want them and do screen shot requests as well) however I just didn't bother to say anything. However I am glad someone noticed even though I didn't bothered to point it out.

its more likely that at the time that it was not possible for the battle 7 to fire its macross canon in cruiser mode, althought why i dont know

Nay, Max just forgot about it. That's what happened when you became a commander surrounded by bridge bunnies in mini skirt and a Zentran head sticking on the bridge ^_^

Don't take your eyes off the monitor! :lol:

Does he say this more consistently? Because I have only seen the first 9 episodes of M7 (the ticker in my sig shows my progress, yes I am planning to watch all of it), and so far I've only seen him do that in ep.1 so I assume he either does it more later or it just became a meme because it is so funny (which it is).

I'm just going to avoid it in the profile. Even if the Macross 7 was limited to Attack mode only (and the events of the anime seem to agree), it's never explicitly stated anywhere on or off screen. And now we have a NMC shown firing in Carrier mode. Perhaps official trivia for the Battle Frontier will shed light on this development and state whether it's a new feature or not. For now, I'm going to leave it as an open question.

I'm just going to avoid it in the profile. Even if the Macross 7 was limited to Attack mode only (and the events of the anime seem to agree), it's never explicitly stated anywhere on or off screen. And now we have a NMC shown firing in Carrier mode. Perhaps official trivia for the Battle Frontier will shed light on this development and state whether it's a new feature or not. For now, I'm going to leave it as an open question.

I think the Macross Cannon gunship on Battle Frontier is an advanced version, in epi.19 we saw it separated from the fuselage and revealing a secondary beam emitter. Also the cannon seems to be able to sweep across the battlefield indicating the new cannon section is capable of rotating at certain degree.

The original NMC need to change to attack mode to increase the flexibility in firing the Macross Cannon, although we never saw it in M7 (due to the Varauta tight formation, the beam doesn't need to sweep across the entire fleet to get maximum destruction potential). Although Macross 13 had the capability of firing the cannon in disperse mode for hitting wider area.

I wish the main site is updated with the new mechanic entry, such as Battle Frontier, Vajra gunship and hive ship. <_<

I think the Macross Cannon gunship on Battle Frontier is an advanced version, in epi.19 we saw it separated from the fuselage and revealing a secondary beam emitter. Also the cannon seems to be able to sweep across the battlefield indicating the new cannon section is capable of rotating at certain degree.

I don't think there's anything special about Battle 25's gunship. I'm sure MQ's cannon could do the same but they get much more functionality by changing modes. M7's gunship is probably no different. M7 never had a Macross Quarter to guide the targets into the gunship's cone of fire, which is probably why they ended up transforming Battle 7.

I don't think there's anything special about Battle 25's gunship. I'm sure MQ's cannon could do the same but they get much more functionality by changing modes. M7's gunship is probably no different. M7 never had a Macross Quarter to guide the targets into the gunship's cone of fire, which is probably why they ended up transforming Battle 7.

And Max is a show off. :rolleyes:

Well, I believe that someone pointed out that it's probably easier to turn (and therefore aim) in Battle mode than in Carrier mode.

Edited by d3v

According to the preview summary of episode 22... Alto will be armed with a new prototype weapon...

Could it be a BFG like this one?

More than likely thanks to episode 19 its the new bomb they are develoing, however I would rather it be these:

firepower.jpg

rocket20propelled20chainsaw.jpg