X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Guest sh002

Saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine last night. Big, dumb and cliched as all hell.

However, as a completely brainless action film, it's entertaining on about the same level as The Transporter franchise or the Blade films, for what that's worth.

I'd give it 2.5 out of 5. X-Men Origins: Wolverine doesn't even come close to X-Men or X2. It's less depressing and less disappointing than X-Men 3, but is actually even more dumb and cliched than even Ratner's slightly better than mediocre trilogy cap.

Emma Frost had no bra on....durrr hurrr hurr..

Movie was so-so...not as bad as I expected. But despite not being a big comic book fan, i still know they messed up enuff of the storyline. Weapon X program, Deadpool etc was totally messed up. I'm pretty sure Deadpool wasn't an almagation of mutant powers.

Pretty lol too on his decapitated head lasering the whole nuke silo thing.

:lol:

Saw the movie last night and I am just wondering if that #11 character is where Baraka from Mortal Kombat came from. The last game console I owned was a Super Nintendo back in 1993 or 1994 and I used to love that guy. #11 looks a lot like him; just doesn't have the sharp teeth.

Spoiler ending - Even though I didn't stick around to see it. Dead Pool I guess survives after the credits even though his head was cut off.

Does the S.O.B. re-grow a mouth or something?

Maybe even saying something like "F*CK THAT HURT!" :lol:

Other than that, what would be the point of bringing Deadpool back without his quippy mouth?

Apparently, there are two different post-credit cookies.

The one I saw just had Wolverine in a bar in Japan.

Edited: after a little research

Edited by Penguin

there's seven all together, each sent with different prints so you don't know which one you are going to see. I saw the one with Styker walking until the military picked him up for questioning. Basically it seems like all the endings except for the Deadpool one suck and are boring and add nothing to the overall story of any character.

there's seven all together, each sent with different prints so you don't know which one you are going to see. I saw the one with Styker walking until the military picked him up for questioning. Basically it seems like all the endings except for the Deadpool one suck and are boring and add nothing to the overall story of any character.

Reminds me of what happened with the Clue film with Tim Curry from 1985. It had 3 possible endings you could see, but some theaters at least announced which one they had. Eventually, all of them were put together for the video/DVD release, which is probably going to happen here. But those were funny, so it didn't matter as much. I guess Fox wanted people to watch it again in different theaters to increase revenues or something.

As well as try to bring in those who already had watched the work print online. As of Friday the film already made 35 million dollars, so it good as far as box office goes. It will make a good amount this weekend then taper off rapidly as Star Trek comes out. This film doesn't have the rewatch factor that other comic films had. Once was more than enough for me.

You didn't stay in the theater long enough.

Basically, for me, the credits started. Then I saw the thing you saw with the military picking up Stryker. Then the rest of the credits. Then, and only then, did I see the bit with Deadpool.

Anyway, the movie was okay. Terrible special effects, utterly bizarre treatment of Deadpool, and characters I don't recall being in Weapon X instead of characters that I do... but at least the fight scenes were okay.

Played the demo of the game on Xbox Live, BTW... seems pretty solid.

The movie was mediocre. Barely just barely a real Wolverine origins story b/c it was riddled with loose plot holes the size of our deficit and unexplained character developments with huge leaps of creative liberties. Less background characters could've really helped the story and character development. Meh, rental at best.

^^That would have given everyone two headaches each: a headache in our heads (for her confusing origins) and a headache in our pants (for the skin-tight outfit she wears). :p

:blink:

Thats incredibly stupid, even if its non-canon. This is why i do not like American comics.

this is after they dropped a nuke on him. :rolleyes:

I really liked the Ultimate universe when it first started. A way to clean off the slate, update characters and reign in some of the ridiculousness around the more popular ones... but man...

Despite all the shortcomings, a sequel is said to be in the works. Who should be the next villain to face Logan?

a. Silver Samurai

b. Omega Red

c. Sabretooth (again)

d. The film's bastardization of Deadpool (again)

e. Some other villain that's probably not related in Wolverine's storylines

f. The Juggernaut (Why? Because he's The Juggernaut, b!tch!)

Edited by areaseven

Meh it was alright. It wasn't Fantastic Four or Daredevil bad... but eh....Weak supporting cast, Gambit was a complete waste, too much crammed into one movie, and sometimes laughable special effects. I saw the Deadpool ending...yippee lol

I can see it now...the new look for young douchebags trying to get girls this summer : cigars, white tank tops, dogtags and beards lol

The X-Men franchise is rapidly becoming the" Alien" or "Terminator" franchise for the new millennium. The first two movies were great, but everything after the first two has been mediocre or worse. Looks like Trek, of all things, is going to be the one bright spark this summer.

Despite all the shortcomings, a sequel is said to be in the works. Who should be the next villain to face Logan?

a. Silver Samurai

b. Omega Red

c. Sabretooth (again)

d. The film's bastardization of Deadpool (again)

e. Some other villain that's probably not related in Wolverine's storylines

f. The Juggernaut (Why? Because he's The Juggernaut, b!tch!)

i prefer it to be Omega Red.

with maverick and sabretooth.

and PSYLOCKE!!!