Macross Frontier Episode 16 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 16  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 16 Rating

• Positive (Decepti...whoops wrong show...RANKA!!!! ATTACK!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (Sheryl sneaks out of the hospital...I wanna sneak out of this show)

Then again there are Japanese actresses who are 15 who look like ten year olds.

Besides Ranka ain't short enough to be considered loli.

Just flat like Lina Inver...DRAGON SLAVE! *BOOM!*

Nah, unfortunately, Lina has a bigger chest than Ranka. But Ranka is cuter. ^_^

Yes while their are people like that in real life as I do know some one whose 25 has had a kid and still looks under 16 I.E. short no breasts young looking etc... I just dont like how THATS become the big attraction in japan and in anime in the past few years. Like talk about promoting pedopholia when one of the love interests in every anime looks like shes 12 but IS 16-20 and has 10000 pron comics made about her because thats the in thing in japan I guess... short flat chested girls that dress like elementary skool kids :S :unsure:

I totally buy loli-looking mid-late-teen Ranka. A friend of mine who is about to turn 19 doesn't look one day older than 16 (and acts like if she was 13), and she's not even Asian, which would be kinda understandable; she's English-Peruvian.

(But then again, if there is one thing that saves her from being totally loli is that baby got back. Not Ranka, my friend :wub:)

Yes while their are people like that in real life as I do know some one whose 25 has had a kid and still looks under 16 I.E. short no breasts young looking etc... I just dont like how THATS become the big attraction in japan and in anime in the past few years. Like talk about promoting pedopholia when one of the love interests in every anime looks like shes 12 but IS 16-20 and has 10000 pron comics made about her because thats the in thing in japan I guess... short flat chested girls that dress like elementary skool kids :S :unsure:

But that's not the worst japan has come out with, by far. There are much more disturbing stories....and by stories I mean the lack there of.

The only way I'd consider Ranka as a lolita would be if Ozma was her love interest.

I call "Shenanaigans": That kid is like 12, and is labeled as 16 or whatever 'cause they know us Yanks have rules about that sort'a crap. :angry:

I hardly think Ranka's 12. She is in highschool, after all. Besides, we already know that the Vajra incident involving the 117th research fleet happened 11 years prior to Frontier. If Ranka was only 12, she would have been an infant when the attack occurred and certainly wouldn't be old enough to have a repressed memory of the incident. Add the fact that we see a picture of Ranka as a child at around age 4 or so from before the attack on the research fleet. Unless the writers of Frontier are lying about when just about everything takes place, it's pretty impossible for Ranka to be a 12 year old that's labeled as a 16 year old.

Besides, why would the producers even care about what us Yanks think about something that will probably never be released here?

I am not sure if this was discussed, but where the heck did those other -27s come from?

Were they a mistake or something? I didn't even really see them in action or anything....

They accompanied Brera when he first arrived on the scene... They just haven't been seen till now.

I call "Shenanaigans": That kid is like 12, and is labeled as 16 or whatever 'cause they know us Yanks have rules about that sort'a crap. :angry:

um, I doubt that they had the american audience primarily in mind when they created macross frontier... ^_^

so ranka is a petite 16 year old. it happens.

They accompanied Brera when he first arrived on the scene... They just haven't been seen till now.

We saw them with Brera at episode 7's ed.

I'm starting to think the other VF-27s aren't piloted.

AI driven like Ghosts but a VF drone along the lines of the VF-11 training drone and the Neo Glaug.

Edited by RedWolf

We saw them with Brera at episode 7's ed.

I'm starting to thing the other VF-27s aren't piloted.

AI driven like Ghosts but VF drone along the lines of the VF-11 training drone and the Neo Glaug.

Nah. It appears that one of the VF-27 pilots (a female) asks Brera why he's not attacking the Vajra during episode 16.

His response is a cocky comment about how the operation would technically fail if he got involved, since they wouldn't have a chance to test Ranka's singing ability...

So they don't appear to be AI driven.

I totally buy loli-looking mid-late-teen Ranka. A friend of mine who is about to turn 19 doesn't look one day older than 16 (and acts like if she was 13), and she's not even Asian, which would be kinda understandable; she's English-Peruvian.

It happens more often among South and Central American females, as well. So the fact that your friend is part Peruvian might explain it.

Nah. It appears that one of the VF-27 pilots (a female) asks Brera why he's not attacking the Vajra during episode 16.

His response is a cocky comment about how the operation would technically fail if he got involved, since they wouldn't have a chance to test Ranka's singing ability...

So they don't appear to be AI driven.

Dude that was Cathy in Quarter.

Maybe.

I still doubt that the other two VF-27s are AIs. If so, then you would expect them to have helped Brera defend the Koenigmonster. But Brera handled it by himself.

Sadly, it seems almost no action whatseover is given to the browns and the greens.

Edited by d3v

Sadly, it seems almost no action whatseover is given to the browns and the greens.

That has bothered me quite a bit. :ph34r:

I mean where are the CF-25s that just get blown up. :blink:

I demand VF-25 and VF-27 PWNAGE SCENES on the NEXT EPISODE!!! :angry:

um, I doubt that they had the american audience primarily in mind when they created macross frontier... ^_^

so ranka is a petite 16 year old. it happens.

Japan: age of majority: 20 (drinking, driving, voting. Funny how those go together.)

Japan age of marriage: men (over) 18. Women (over) 16.

Japan age of consent: 13 (though most prefectures have ordinances against "immoral sexual acts". For more info, start here: http://www.interpol.int/Public/Children/Se...ws/csaJapan.asp )

Therefore, the questions are:

Ranka is how old? Your intentions towards her are what exactly, son?

No maybe. It was Cathy, remember she was quite uneasy allying with a VF-27 pilot who has in all previous instances a hindrance and danger to Frontier pilots and operations.

Yeah! they already forgot that Breera almost killed Klan!

That has bothered me quite a bit. :ph34r:

I mean where are the CF-25s that just get blown up. :blink:

I demand VF-25 and VF-27 PWNAGE SCENES on the NEXT EPISODE!!! :angry:

Me, too. Hopefully, Ozma and a flight of CF-25s will eat the pineapple salad next episode, as the Vajra ambush them in a glorious explosion of violence.

But maybe not, and he'll just bleed to death. >:(

I live near tokyo and i have to say its not that the japanese are all lolicons but there is a trend with women trying to look as young and cute as possible over here.

That's a "trend"? As far as I know, women have NEVER liked looking the opposite of "young and cute," i.e. old and ugly. Men usually don't, either. :rolleyes:

That's a "trend"? As far as I know, women have NEVER liked looking the opposite of "young and cute," i.e. old and ugly. Men usually don't, either. :rolleyes:

OOT.

Thats true, too many people here are trying to be 'kawaii' for sure, including most young men recently tried to being an 'Ikemen'.

Trust me, it hurt my eyes for watching Japanese TV shows these days.

Back to topic.

The only VF-27 in the show is currently Brera, also we never introduced of the CF VF-25 pilots (including the VF-171 diamond sqadron pilots T.T). I think MF series cast is already full and I doubt they'll introduce a new character. ^_^

Just watched the Lunar subs. Decent episode, I gave it a positive. Overall, it seem like the pace of the show is slowing down; not sure if I like that. I didn't like the reused animations for the battle scenes, but that's how it goes it seems. Loved the development of the Sheryl - Alto - Ranka triangle. I really feel for Sheryl, she was on top of the world and now she's all but forgotten. I curious to see how she handles this setback. Maybe she'll go bonkers like a real life former pop diva :D The little bits like the scene between Alto and Sheryl in his room and seeing Ranka doubt what she's doing made the episode for me.

Hey Luca, grow a pair and let Nanase know how you really feel :lol: I don't want no cliche deathbed confession or anything so melodramatic.

I was also stoked that the Konig Monster got so much screen time and love the pinup girl nose art. Bandai, I want one of those!

Also, what was up with all that formation flying in the previews and such not being in the episode at all :huh: ???

Edited by Smiley424

The only VF-27 in the show is currently Brera, also we never introduced of the CF VF-25 pilots (including the VF-171 diamond sqadron pilots T.T). I think MF series cast is already full and I doubt they'll introduce a new character.

There are also two cannon fodder VF-27, not that'd we should ever expect to hear from either.

Edited by jenius

Hey Luca, grow a pair and let Nanase know how you really feel :lol: I don't want no cliche deathbed confession or anything so melodramatic.

Speaking of Luca, what's with the sudden change in his attitude?

When Nanase was asking him why alto was pissed off, he said "maybe he's having a period." (in the first sub i saw, it was read as "maybe he's having a blue flag day"). Actually the statement itself is so un-luca like. but he also said it while facing away, and he looked quite serious (not a hint of making a joke). More like he was taking a jab at alto.

is this because he hasn't told nanase his feelings? he's pissed off at someone? he's grown tired of alto's snobbish behavior?

Or is this the real "evil" luca finally coming out? :p