Graham reviews the new Yamato 1/60 VF-1

Shawn

man thankyou Swoosh my mate!!! :D wtf are people talking about, it looks great!

Considering till this point (although not perfect) there has NOT been a variable battroid to pull of a correct Boldoza assasination pose.

Even revoltech (whislt not variable but should be known for extreme poseability) can't do it perfectly.

So i'm happy! :) Bring on DYRL? VF-1S HIKKY!!!!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Swoosh - are you not locking the chest plate down all the way? Makes the too-high head actually look OK.

I'm totally stoked about being able to strike a proper DYRL end pose. Those pics are a wet dream :D

Yes, I did lock the chest plate down all the way, otherwise you will see reflection leaking from the rainbow canopy.

I never think the head is too high, but I agreed that if it sit somewhere between 1/48 and 1/60 v2 would be perfect.

Well while transforming from battroid back to fighter mode, i must be transforming it wrong cuz while fighting to get the hands back into place in fighter mode, the shoulders keep popping off and coming apart.. :rolleyes:

Not sure if I want to superglue the pieces together but kinda annoying that the shoulderpads are not glued into place tighter.

Become a Manwhore

That seems to be the answer to everything these days :lol: . Anyways the new VF-1 does look gorgeous, all these pics almost make me want to buy one........ almost. The bodolza assassination move isnt perfect on this new VF-1 but its pretty close.

Welp. I would love to say I got mine, but HLJ is really screwing with me right now. My payment has gone through, but the account at HLJ says I haven't paid. I am waiting to see if they ever try to resolve this. I am a bit pissed, as the cost for this thing was not cheap.

Ugh. I hate ordering stuff from overseas.

does anyone have any news if this has made its way into HK stores? does it look like it might sell out? i cancelled my pre-order when a trip came up and was hoping to get mine from there when i transit in a few weeks.

The Fast-pack set sold out in Japan almost immediately. Haven't found one anywhere.

The stand-alone VF-1 is out in a few days. It WAS looking like I would have to wait for the stand-alone FP sets to come out to have the full set but last night I met a few Japanese Mac fans (in their 50's) and I got a set of the FPs (minus the strike cannon <_< ) for free.

lol, so they kept the strike cannon so they could have double strike on their VF-1?? :p That must be it.

I guess so <_<

I know the wife of one of the guys who went so he got us all together.

One of the guys kept asking me to say "Dekulcha" and acting like a happy freak when I did. He wouldn't talk to me except when asking me to say that word. Moron. Other guys were cool though.

I guess so <_<

I know the wife of one of the guys who went so he got us all together.

One of the guys kept asking me to say "Dekulcha" and acting like a happy freak when I did. He wouldn't talk to me except when asking me to say that word. Moron. Other guys were cool though.

Wow what a jerk, I would of shot that guy in the foot for saying that crap too me.

I wasn't totally surprised that no one else said anything to him. Maybe he was their superior at work or something :rolleyes:

Funny to hear of the opinions of the REAL old-timers. They were mostly positive of Frontier, but they were petty much "old-school".

After a further weekend of play, I see the hip bar as probably the toys weakest point. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch, but it DOES make it hard to want to transform

But it looks awesome in all modes with and without FP's and holds togteher perfectly. I like this more than the 21, bout on par with the later Zeroes.

does anyone have any news if this has made its way into HK stores? does it look like it might sell out? i cancelled my pre-order when a trip came up and was hoping to get mine from there when i transit in a few weeks.

HK and Japan has them for sale on the same day, I got mine on 19th July, and accroding to toydaily, I think they are now sold out everywhere, so I suggest you to keep your pre-order.

Coming apart as in damage/breaking, or merely "separating into the original unassembled parts"?

Just seperating. I would say it broke if it did....and be really pissed off too. :lol:

But it still is quite annoying. Seems like i am the only one on MWF experiencing the seperating shoulders problem?

Okay, after seeing Swoosh's pics, I've also broken down and ordered from HLJ, regardless of the QC issues discussed here.

It's a terrific looking valkyrie, made even more so with that side by side pic together with the 1/48, 1/55 and old 1/60.

This will be my second Yamato valk. I just hope my luck with Yammies change with this one (started out with a VF-0S first gen, cracked shoulder and all).

OT: I've begun watching Macross Frontier lately, and I must say, I'm pretty darned impressed. I'll probably get the upcoming Bandai VF-25S too!

Still, the VF-1 is where it all started, and the V.2 1/60 seems to be the best of the lot for the time being.