Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Let's be real. The 1/48 valk won last year. Why vote for a repeat this year?

That's funny you mention that......I was surfing (i.e. lurking) around some Transformers forums which shall remain nameless for now. It seems that some of them thought Macrossworlders "spammed" last years TOYBOXDX "Toy of the Year" Contest. Is there any truth to this? :lol:

They also seem to have forgotten that the same MW people who "spammed" last years TOYBOXDX "Toy of the Year" Contest, are also gonna do it again this year with the VF1J or probably the MP OP. They're also worrying about the transfans now. :lol:

Come on ToyboxDXers, most MWers are also fans and collectors of so many other anime robot toys. If one particular toy stands out among the rest, it's because that toy is that great - Passion can only carry a toy so far. If the toy is not worth the vote it will not be TOTY.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Let's be real. The 1/48 valk won last year. Why vote for a repeat this year?

That's funny you mention that......I was surfing (i.e. lurking) around some Transformers forums which shall remain nameless for now. It seems that some of them thought Macrossworlders "spammed" last years TOYBOXDX "Toy of the Year" Contest. Is there any truth to this? :lol:

LOL! Prime is going to win cause the transfans are going to spam the TBDX award this year. So they really have no right to complain against MWers, they are just worried that the MW count would defeat prime, but in all reality, Macross is a small fandom compared to TFers, so they really don't have to worry. Now the TBDX Chogokin fans, yeah they do have to worry. If they want the danny or the New Getter Team to win, its going to be a hard year. I was torn between the Danny, the Metal Grade Seed Gundam, the BT Smokescreen and the prime, In the end I went for the prime. Come on people, the VF-1 had its day last year.

Edited by GobotFool

That's just probably one guy's opinion. Most likely al lot of transformer fans voted for the 1/48 due to it's close ties with Jetfire. And no doubt that a lot of MW'ers would vote for Prime this year. The only way they any Macross toy could win this year would be if Yamato yanked an SDF-1 out of their ass in one week.

Well said BoB!!! Just wanted to add my own 2 cents...

I am so sick of TBDXers complaining about MW spamming the vote 2-3 years running, and now they are saying the TF fans are doing the same!

The big excuse I see all the time is they are going against ballot stuffing from those voting along fan-base loyalties only. This is what gets on my nerves about this discussion about "weighing down votes". Aren't they doing the same if they say a diecast toy or an SOC line toy should've won? Those voting along where their 'loyalities lie' whether it be the SOC line only, or being diecast only, or vintage property only, and or simply being a Japanese only property? Yes they are a Japanese toy only board, so what? TF and Robotech have Japanese roots.

It seems that MWers and TF fans carry the image of 'elitists', but Many TBDXers are just as big 'fanatics' about Japanese only diecasts, so that would make them 'elitists' too. I agree with BoB that many TBDXers should try to understand that there are others who are just as passionate and knowledgeable about the Otaku diecasts or vintage stuff but aren't as vocal about it on the TBDX site or that other site that has popped up. Give most of us some credit. Many of us voted for what we believe to be the best toy that year and actually know about those other Japanese toys.

SO GET OVER IT TBDXers! Everyone and anyone's vote for TOTY is fair because we are all 'elitists' for something and a vote represents which one we favor. Who cares if we don't know who the Getters are or have no idea who Maz is... a toy that makes it on that list made is on there because of an elitist or two. Not all of us can really be a fair judge since most of us can't get our hands on all the good JP toys that came out this year. Yeah!! we rich ass MWers like burning our money on Valks only!!! :p

So with all that said, my vote this year still goes to SOC Dancougar cos I'm still waiting for HLJ to ship my MPOP, don't know if it will get here before New Year... :(:p

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Like the Hasbro ad said, I indeed have been praying for a TF line that equals the detail and "wow" factor of the higher end JP lines (Like SOC and Yamato's Macross line). Cause let's be real..again. Beast Wars and Beast Machines were not cutting it. They were forplaying with the TF2000/TF Robots in Disquise line. They damned near went limp with the Armada/Micron Legend and Energon/Super Links lines. They rose to the occasion again and got the motion of the ocean goin with the BinalTech/Alternators line. And they achieved Complete and total climax with the Masterpiece Convoy/20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. They should be commended for getting longtime TF fans blood pumping at the possibilities. Any other lines are just playing with themselves at the moment.

This is of course my opinion of the topic at hand. I could be wrong.

1072563255981_Optimus_and_VF_1A.jpg

Well, I finally recieved my MP-01 Optimus Prime today (Christmas present for myself) and I must say that I am very happy with the final product.

It's a lot larger than I imagined; despite viewing countless pictures prior to getting my own. It very imposing when displayed next to my Yamato 1/48 Super VF-1A. It's frickin' heavy, too....oh so satisfying. The detail and extra features are simply amazing and have to be seen in person to fully appreciate them. I'm sure everyone has already seen all the cool poses, features and accessories, but there are a few things that should be noted.

A trailer definitely needs to be produced, as the semi-truck mode just doesn't look complete without one. It really needs one as the cardboard box trailer just doesn't compliment such a master piece of a toy. Optimus will stay in robot form for the most part becuase of this. I can tell already that the chromed parts will be subject to wear over time even from slight handling. You also have to be careful with the legs and chest as they are metal and will chip if not careful. Due to the heavy weight, it doesn't hold poses very well on it's own, although it is extremely articulated for a Transformer. The hands, while featuring articulated fingers, do not hold the weapons too well. They also suffer from slight limp-wrist syndrome, although not to the extent of the Yamato 1/48s. These are very minor problems, though and no QC issues were noted.

I believe Optimus really deserves to win the TOTY award this year, hands down. It's truly an amazing new toy with a familiar face that we've known for the past 20 years.

All that being said, I still love my Yamato 1/48s. They possess a large amount of detail and features as well and look stunning in all three modes, especially with the FAST packs...and I believe this where they edge out Optimus toy for toy.

I have a 1/48 Super VF-1J and BT-02 Lambor on the way for Christmas and I feel truly blessed this year when it comes to toys. So many great items on that list, I can only imagine what we'll see next year.

1072563255981_Optimus_and_VF_1A.jpg

Well, I finally recieved my MP-01 Optimus Prime today (Christmas present for myself) and I must say that I am very happy with the final product.

It's a lot larger than I imagined; despite viewing countless pictures prior to getting my own. It very imposing when displayed next to my Yamato 1/48 Super VF-1A. It's frickin' heavy, too....oh so satisfying. The detail and extra features are simply amazing and have to be seen in person to fully appreciate them. I'm sure everyone has already seen all the cool poses, features and accessories, but there are a few things that should be noted.

A trailer definitely needs to be produced, as the semi-truck mode just doesn't look complete without one. It really needs one as the cardboard box trailer just doesn't compliment such a master piece of a toy. Optimus will stay in robot form for the most part becuase of this. I can tell already that the chromed parts will be subject to wear over time even from slight handling. You also have to be careful with the legs and chest as they are metal and will chip if not careful. Due to the heavy weight, it doesn't hold poses very well on it's own, although it is extremely articulated for a Transformer. The hands, while featuring articulated fingers, do not hold the weapons too well. They also suffer from slight limp-wrist syndrome, although not to the extent of the Yamato 1/48s. These are very minor problems, though and no QC issues were noted.

I believe Optimus really deserves to win the TOTY award this year, hands down. It's truly an amazing new toy with a familiar face that we've known for the past 20 years.

All that being said, I still love my Yamato 1/48s. They possess a large amount of detail and features as well and look stunning in all three modes, especially with the FAST packs...and I believe this where they edge out Optimus toy for toy.

I have a 1/48 Super VF-1J and BT-02 Lambor on the way for Christmas and I feel truly blessed this year when it comes to toys. So many great items on that list, I can only imagine what we'll see next year.

any pix to show us? Man I passed up an opportunity to buy one this past saturday. Damn it!!! Oh well, I'm a patient guy. I'll get one later.

Man, just cancelled my MPC at HLJ. I got that same "order stop" for many days now, while some others had got their order processed days ago, and I ordered from them as early as Oct 18th. <_< I went for SAL too to save some money, but when I found out that it cost just as much if not more than a couple U.S. online retailers that already has MPC in stock, I don't see the point of waiting for at least a month or so for their restock & paying a few bucks more. And I thought I can save some shipping by ordering the SOC Getters (GX18-20) together with it, end up all the Getters were shipped out one by one. :angry: I wouldn't go as far as to end my relationship with HLJ, but sometimes things like this just disappointed me somewhat. And quite often, the shipping turns out costing a lot everytime ordering slightly bigger items, let alone a 1/48 valk.

I don't think I'll have my MPC by Christmas :( , but hopefully before New Year comes :p

A how-to from Optimus himself! Great.

That's not really a bad stop-gap measure at all. I may have considered something like that myself. My Prime is going to go in robot mode though. I might pull my G1 out of stoorage and leave in truck mode. Don't know yet.

Okay... that did it. I don't know exactly why, but that Trailer heist was enough to push me over the edge.

So now I've gone out and bought the Takara version (3 days before Christmas... I feel so dirty!) for myself.

I hope Santa wasn't watching.

Woo hoo!! I received mine yesterday along with Sideswipe. Prime is awesome, I can't stop playing with him. He is very heavy, everything feels so solid. The truck mode is a little disappointing as there's little you can do with it but I do enjoy playing with the suspension. The cardboard trailer will need some glueing to make it fit nicer. I managed stop playing long enough to take a picture. :D

alternators.jpg

I used EMS to get mine shipped from HLJ and it seems to be lost within the system; got on a flight leaving Japan on Dec 19, but still no tracking as to where it is in the US. I know it may have something to do with the holiday rush or the raised terror alert but the agonizing anxiety of not knowing where it is, IS F-ing TORTURE!!!

I've just received my MP Prime... I gotta say only this - It's a Godaikin toy reborn. One of the toy Gods must be feeling extremely generous. I was told his name is Kobayashi Hinori. Guys, I've just been blessed by "the touch". Diecast is no longer a lost art. Convoy has just brought light to the darkest era of new age transforming toys. :o

A fellow TBDXer 'Mr Spacy' has posted a pretty good translation of an interview with Kobayashi about the Binaltech series and the MP Convoy. The dedication of the Takara team is the stuff of toy dreams... and strengthens my belief that there are still Japanese toy makers who really care about their craft.

http://www.toyboxex.com/phorum/read.php?f=...f=3&i=178&t=178

Edited by drifand

A fellow TBDXer 'Mr Spacy' has posted a pretty good translation of an interview with Kobayashi about the Binaltech series and the MP Convoy. The dedication of the Takara team is the stuff of toy dreams... and strengthens my belief that there are still Japanese toy makers who really care about their craft.

heh heh, 3 years in the making. Its funny that Hasbro reps claim they were involved in the design process from day-one... yeah by telling this guy to make the best TFs ever and then taking credit for the whole thing.

Yup, that was where I was told. I tried to link the thread, but it keeps going to the main BBS. UN Spacy, was that you? :lol:

lol cool trailer previous page... :D BTW are the american versions with or without burned arms? Or is it only because its not the production version but a prototype? :blink: Cause I want to buy one from bigbadtoystore

Edited by Kin

I tried to link the thread, but it keeps going to the main BBS. UN Spacy, was that you? :lol:

T'was NOT me. :D

Merry Christmas EVE Macrossworld!

EDIT. I canceled my order from HLJ.com and went through TOYNK.com instead. It'll be here by next Monday (through UPS) and the bill will be much cheaper. B))

Edited by UN Spacy