Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Well, I am not sure to preorder since I am seeing Optimus Prime looking like all battle damaged. Anybody preorder him? What is the price you preordered him? I am seeing high as $99 and low as $85.99. I hate to not preorder him and then be sold out when I want it though... anybody seen better prices than the ones I stated?

Well, I am not sure to preorder since I am seeing Optimus Prime looking like all battle damaged.  Anybody preorder him?  What is the price you preordered him?  I am seeing high as $99 and low as $85.99.  I hate to not preorder him and then be sold out when I want it though... anybody seen better prices than the ones I stated?

The Japanese version of Optimus will not be battle damaged, nor will his stacks be neutered. I'd suggest Big Bad Toys for a preorder.

Edited by GobotFool

Well, I am not sure to preorder since I am seeing Optimus Prime looking like all battle damaged.  Anybody preorder him?  What is the price you preordered him?  I am seeing high as $99 and low as $85.99.  I hate to not preorder him and then be sold out when I want it though... anybody seen better prices than the ones I stated?

The Japanese version of Optimus will not be battle damaged, nor will his stacks be neutered. I'd suggest Big Bad Toys for a preorder.

Hasbro will be having the full sized smokestacks, and as well will be having a battle damaged paint scheme. However, I'm uncertain as to the die-cast content of the Hasbro version.

Now the Takara version will have a clean paint job, uncut smokestacks, and will have diecast in it.

Pick one and enjoy it.

Hasbro will be having the full sized smokestacks, and as well will be having a battle damaged paint scheme. However, I'm uncertain as to the die-cast content of the Hasbro version.

Now the Takara version will have a clean paint job, uncut smokestacks, and will have diecast in it.

Pick one and enjoy it.

Actually, Hasbro didn't say theirs would definately have the long stacks. All they said is that they planned on it, so nobody really knows how it will turn out. They did however promise the diecast content would be the same.

Will has Prime up for preorder at Blastotoys.com, and his service is nothing short of prime. heheh. ;)

I think it has been confirned they were not able to get over the oh so frustrating american toy laws. You know, we don't see japanese kids laying around maimed by their toys. I guess American kids are just to stupid, or american parents are just to over protective.

Edited by GobotFool

I think it has been confirned they were not able to get over the oh so frustrating american toy laws. You know, we don't see japanese kids laying around maimed by their toys. I guess American kids are just to stupid, or american parents are just to over protective.

Actually, it's a combo deal.

Most American parents are too stupid to pay attention to their kids, so they force the government to be over protective

Is there a way around this? Say by having this be an "adult" toy? Like minimum age 18 or something? :lol:

I want the pristine version so will probably be ordering a Takara one. Then if I see a good deal on a Hasbro version, I might get that too... but if it's got shortened smokestacks that sucker better be on clearance or something! :)

if i were a kid i would think this thing is god lik,e. maybe kuz i grew with g1. armada sucks.

anyways one of the mods at trfw2005 actually said the takara one mifght be the one getting the shoert stacks!

i say wait and see till the end of next month at least at that time we will see what both of the versions look like in final mode.

anyways one of the mods at trfw2005 actually said the takara one mifght be the one getting the shoert stacks!

That is completely senseless. Makes me even less likely to visit that site or listen to what that fool might say. What does he base THAT on?

Is there a way around this? Say by having this be an "adult" toy? Like minimum age 18 or something? :lol:

I want the pristine version so will probably be ordering a Takara one. Then if I see a good deal on a Hasbro version, I might get that too... but if it's got shortened smokestacks that sucker better be on clearance or something! :)

Dont laugh, My dad collects nascar stuff and they quit allowing tobacco and alcohol sponsored cars to print that part of the advertisement, so they started making them "adult collectables" and are putting out the same diecast cars with all the sponsers on em,,,but with a little added price <_<

eh, I'ma end up waiting till one of my resources at frank and sons gets em in. He always saves me two just in case. I don't like pre-ordering because then I find out later that it's cheaper somewhere else, but then again I do run that risk of not getting one of these. Oh wellz! :p:D:lol:

Dumb question probably, but is Tam getting the Takara?

I want my Prime pristine and freshly detailed.

If the stacks were long there would be 80 Billion I broke my MPC Primes Smokestacks threads just like there are 80 billion I broke my Yammie threads.

If Taka/Hasbro started off with the short ones in the first place, no one would give a damn about the stacks and find something else to nit pick.

I sure would complain(had there only ever been short stack MPC's seen). Prime's stacks should be long, no matter what. Especially since he hauls a trailer. Short stacks not only look really stupid (both my opinion and truckers I've asked regarding the subject---yes, truckers are aware there's a very famous TF named Prime that's a truck) but they're impractical on one which hauls a trailer of any height. (And Prime appears to have your standard trailer, if a bit short---more like a 45-footer at best, rather than a 48 foot)

(Semi's aren't universal, they are equipped to haul either trailers *or* tankers---while the exact same model of truck can be configured either way, you generally do not switch once it's been built, since it takes a lot of time and money to change equipment, and you may need also to change the stacks)

Damn :angry: : at least 2 months to wait before this sucker knocks at my door :lol: