Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

the US version is $ 20 less than the japan one, and the japan version is the original, right?

it can't be import taxes <_<

i now that, in japan, life cost is bigger than in europe (in usa too) for fruits, vegetables for exemple (about 10 € ( $ 12) for an apple :blink: ). but i always figure that this is the paradise for toys / models collector, with little prices and great choice.

If the 20th convoy is $ 20 bigger, so there must be a reason :p *still searching* :p

Has there been any rumors that OP's trailer will be made? It'd be friggin huge....like 15" or so. With the ingenuity that's been going into the new line, I'm sure they could make it transform into something amazing.

Huh huh huh....that would be cool. :D

Speaking of MP Prime...here's what I said on another forum:

This head sculpt is just totally not doing it for me. I've never liked it from the beginning and now these extreme high-quality close-ups are making me depressed.

The beak of his "cap" is virtually missing, it's just a curved band around his head. His ear antenna are virtually flat, without his "headset" pieces. The faceshield and eyes just feel very alien for some reason. His eyes are just not "Prime".

There's something I can't quite put my finger on but it is really bugging me. It just feels like this Prime is "unfriendly".

primeheads.jpg

I think maybe it's because the mask is removable so it's sticking out too far as well as being too large, kind of creepy especially when you know what's underneath. The eyes are also the wrong shape. But I think the biggest problem are the sides are square enough and they don't have the "cap/visor" shape (Metal Force Prime, Action Master Prime - and virtually all the cartoon versions) and instead went with the "flat-band" across the forehead (MP Prime, Original Prime LaserRod/Scourge). All these years it's been the cartoon Prime that I've liked and this just feels wrong...skeletal. I also don't like the vent in his crest recessed.

Anyway, I bought a 1/48 so Prime is out the equation for me at the moment. There are too many things I don't like about it (hydraulics, patches of grey on the legs, battle damage that looks like a 5-year old took charcoal to Prime, likely short stacks, his back, grey gun, etc.).

Dunno... He looks pretty good in the first comparison picture right after the words.

There's one problem with getting Optimus right: The animation warps the head quite a few times, which can result in a distorted head. Best way to figure out if the head's right, is to look at the lineart for Optimus...

In my opinion, the head looks AWESOME. Well... They didn't need to toss in the mouth behind the mouth plate, but it is a nice bit of extra detail.

The sculpt on this head is a Dreamwave based sculpt. Which is my favorites envisioning of prime. I will grant anyone who says it does look slightly more agressive in its angles but after mulling over it I like that alot. Primes head also changes alot cause of just really poor animation and drawing. So like the valk its kinda hard to have a deffinative sculpt.

Has there been any rumors that OP's trailer will be made? It'd be friggin huge....like 15" or so. With the ingenuity that's been going into the new line, I'm sure they could make it transform into something amazing.

I've been keeping an eye on Ebay and looking at old semi-truck toys to convert their trailers into Prime's, but without having Prime or seeing the trailers in person, it's hard to know if one will work or not. I've got an old ERTL one at my paren't place, but I think it may be too big.

I'm sure a lot of people will be making custom trailers for this guy, and I can't wait to see what poeple come up with. Since I'm not that great at customizing I'm sure mine will be pretty basic (just a proper paint job), but I bet some crazy fans out there will make one that opens and has all the gear inside. Can't wait! B))

I've been keeping an eye on Ebay and looking at old semi-truck toys to convert their trailers into Prime's, but without having Prime or seeing the trailers in person, it's hard to know if one will work or not. I've got an old ERTL one at my paren't place, but I think it may be too big.

I'm sure a lot of people will be making custom trailers for this guy, and I can't wait to see what poeple come up with. Since I'm not that great at customizing I'm sure mine will be pretty basic (just a proper paint job), but I bet some crazy fans out there will make one that opens and has all the gear inside. Can't wait! B))

I wonder if there are any archived picts of what the anime version of his trailer looks like inside to use as a model.If anyone has them post them for us please. :)

I wonder if there are any archived picts of what the anime version of his trailer looks like inside to use as a model.If anyone has them post them for us please. :)

In the pilot episodes I think his trailor opened to reveal a duel gun or something that megs promptely blew up.

I think it has been confirned they were not able to get over the oh so frustrating american toy laws. You know, we don't see japanese kids laying around maimed by their toys. I guess American kids are just to stupid, or american parents are just to over protective.

The part about that that kills me is there are millions of kids who played with Gen 1 TF's back in the day andNONE of us have injuries or hearing loss or blindness due to our TF's. Any kid who manages to poke himself in the eye with Optimus Primes smokestack should removed from the gene pool post haste.

The only possible injury you could have sustained from those G1 toys was cutting off the circulation to your thumb from those annoying black rub symbols <_<

:p

What about that old toy line that featured those little animals with WOOD, FIRE, OR WATER black rub symbols on their chest. Those were just as annoying......

I think it has been confirned they were not able to get over the oh so frustrating american toy laws. You know, we don't see japanese kids laying around maimed by their toys. I guess American kids are just to stupid, or american parents are just to over protective.

The part about that that kills me is there are millions of kids who played with Gen 1 TF's back in the day andNONE of us have injuries or hearing loss or blindness due to our TF's. Any kid who manages to poke himself in the eye with Optimus Primes smokestack should removed from the gene pool post haste.

Little kids who wear helmets to school, drool on themselves, and get their feet run over by the short bus need toys too.

The only possible injury you could have sustained from those G1 toys was cutting off the circulation to your thumb from those annoying black rub symbols  <_<

I remember cutting my hand transforming Fortess Maximus. I pinched the side of my hand on tower section (hips in robot). Don't remember how, but I did.

Back in the good old days of die cast, you could hurt yourself by dropping the transformer on your toe.

Believe it or not they're part of the TF continuity. At least in Japan. They appeared in a couple of episodes of the Headmasters series.

They may have had something similar, but I think he was reffering to these "Elemental Warrior" things. Little figures, and they each had one of the rub things to see which element they fought for divied up between the 4 (air,water,earth,fire). There were a lot of them IIRC. Not much posability or anything of course.

Maybe I should break my G1 Prime out of storage (I think I still have the trailer too), and put him in truck mode next to my MPC prime.

How to pose MPC Prime is the question. Guess it depends on how well he can pose and maintain balance.

Edited by Anubis

I want to pose prime like this if he can kneel safely.

post-26-1069015716_thumb.jpg

Anubis--Battle Beasts. Earth/Water/Fire/Wood and Sun beats all! Or something like that. And yes, those. And they're from Transformers, in Japan.

Go see here:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/524.html

Edited by David Hingtgen

Anubis--Battle Beasts.  Earth/Water/Fire/Wood and Sun beats all!  Or something like that.  And yes, those.  And they're from Transformers, in Japan.

Go see here:

That's the one alright.

They really did add alot in there in there in the Japanese version, didn't they. :lol:

Edit: Interesting read on that web page.

Edited by Anubis

The only possible injury you could have sustained from those G1 toys was cutting off the circulation to your thumb from those annoying black rub symbols  <_<

:p

What about that old toy line that featured those little animals with WOOD, FIRE, OR WATER black rub symbols on their chest. Those were just as annoying......

I don't remember those :(

I remember cutting my hand transforming Fortess Maximus. I pinched the side of my hand on tower section (hips in robot). Don't remember how, but I did.

You probably deserved it... DECEPTIBUM! :):):)

I was what, 6???

Don't poke your eye out on his long stacks.............

Another Hasbro Pic with the long stacks. I guess we'll know when it comes out, or right before. Doesn't matter much in the end, because how many of us are actually going to buy the battle scarred Prime, anyway?

Anubis--Battle Beasts. Earth/Water/Fire/Wood and Sun beats all! Or something like that. And yes, those. And they're from Transformers, in Japan.

Go see here:

I remember those things, very cool. I guess.

I dunno what wasso cool about them really, they were small and had no articulation. :huh:

hlj.com has a picture of Masterpiece Optimus Primes's packaging : and what do you see on the left down corner ? MP-1 :D which means that there will be at least another Masterpiece : Megatron ? :lol:

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait ... :rolleyes:

hey look at the box, OP have long smoke stacks

but in the second image, in robot mode, he has short stacks

yes, but did you look carefully? It's the battle damaged version. That's the version that hasbro is going to release. I'ma stick with the takara version as I always do. :p:D:lol:

Check out the Prime in Isamu's pics. The one in bot mode has short stacks and the one in alt. mode has long ones.

yeah, he pointed that out already. You can see it's the battle damaged version which will be released by hasbro and the long stacks will be the takara release. I'm definitly ordering the takara version, while I'll leave the hasbro one alone. :p:D:lol: