Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

Okie new pictures: Hasbro Packaging

Have they nemed a price for this thing when it comes out in the US?

Release date for Masterpiece Optimus Prime : 12/13 at Toys'R'Us Japan

Youpi  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Can't wait

Well is it pushed back until jan. or is it coming out on the 13th ?

Yeah, anyone know for sure if its (Takara version) coming out this month? There are so many dates flying around the net; Dec 11, Dec 12, Dec 13, Dec 23, Dec 31, early to mid January 04... WHEN DAAGNAMMIT?!?!?!

I really hope the 11th is for real and HLJ actually follows through with shipping all the preorders soon after!

Release date for Masterpiece Optimus Prime : 12/13 at Toys'R'Us Japan

Youpi  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Can't wait

Well is it pushed back until jan. or is it coming out on the 13th ?

Yeah, anyone know for sure if its (Takara version) coming out this month? There are so many dates flying around the net; Dec 11, Dec 12, Dec 13, Dec 23, Dec 31, early to mid January 04... WHEN DAAGNAMMIT?!?!?!

I really hope the 11th is for real and HLJ actually follows through with shipping all the preorders soon after!

Maybe TRU Japan has a 1 Month exclusive with Takara for MP Prime. After that month the other retailers get their shipments.

http://www.toysrus.co.jp/toys/cat_detail.s...ME=TAB_TOP_0001

Alright guys. You wanna see da ol Masterpiece Prime transform?

SPOILERS!!!!!! (animated .gif)

post-26-1070782626_thumb.gif

Edited by UN Spacy

And no one has given us a date of the Takara release. <_< hmmmmm... :ph34r:

Hey Godzilla, are you also Transfholic :D , so just break down and buy 5 Masterpiece Optimus Prime :lol:

The release date ? It really seems to be close to mid-December as you noticed in this thread... Can't wait within a week :rolleyes:

And no one has given us a date of the Takara release.  <_< hmmmmm... :ph34r:

Hey Godzilla, are you also Transfholic :D , so just break down and buy 5 Masterpiece Optimus Prime :lol:

The release date ? It really seems to be close to mid-December as you noticed in this thread... Can't wait within a week :rolleyes:

Actually I should buy two. I only have one preorder. I think I better pre-order another one. I think I'll go to VE since they delivered my VF-1J. :D 5 Primes? Lord what will they do? I just need one MIB and one opened for viewing pleasure. ;)

Like I said, wait till Max VF-1J and hopefully his VF-1A, I'll buy more than five and I will have blue squadron.

I hope I get a good raise. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to add my $0.02 to this thread.

- The Target computer has the US version listed for $59.99 iirc. The $74.99 price that has been thrown around is suggested retail. I expect to see if for less at Target & Wal-Mart (look at Unicron for example).

- About the picture from the Japanese show with both the US and Japan versions shown. It may have been that there were a limited number of prototypes available at this time. It may also be that they are showing the Japanese prototype and an early testshot of the US version. This may have been the only way to show both modes at the same time.

- About the pictures on the back of the US package. Package pictures are quite often taken using prototypes since the package design is bein done in parallel with the toy development. That is the reason for the ever present disclaimer 'actual product may vary'.

- There seem to be quite a few more US testshots than Japanese in circulation. To me, this would imply that the US version is going to arrive first.

The guys over at sgcollect.com are in a ruckus like its the second coming of christ..in a way it is. Has it been confirmed that MPC Prime will be releasing this week?

Anyone know for sure?

Edited by GDomino

The guys at Animextreme said they had a bunch ordered from Diamond preview as well as the Takara version.

Well, aside from Diamond Comics (aka, the Evil Empire), is it going to show up in retail stores? Can I go to Toys R Us and pick one up, or am I condemned to comic & specialty shops?

The guys at Animextreme said they had a bunch ordered from Diamond preview as well as the Takara version.

Well, aside from Diamond Comics (aka, the Evil Empire), is it going to show up in retail stores? Can I go to Toys R Us and pick one up, or am I condemned to comic & specialty shops?

Have fun. :p:D:p:D:p

customerservice.canada@toysrus.com

Last I heard, TRU and Walmart were getting the anniprime from hasbro 1st.

Alright fellas. It seems that we MIGHT get an early Christmas present (oh no.....not mine.....get your own :p ).

From what I've been reading around TF forums MP Convoy HAS been released (and it should be in Hong Kong shops in a day or two).

Follow THIS link for pics of Takara box (plus BT-02 box pic).

B))B))B))

Okie guys,

Takara MP Optimus Prime is out in singapore today!! Only 100 pieces available, but the rest of the stocks for the retailers will be arriving at our shores later. Sorry to say im not getting one, maybe i will regret it later.

Launch of MP Convoy this week by The Falcon's Hangar

Date : 11/12/2003, Thursday

Time : 9:30pm

Venue : The Falcon's Hangar (#04-104/102b Far East Plaza)

Price : S$175.00

Availability : One piece per customer (first come first serve)

Also available is BT-02 (Binaltech Lambo (Sideswipe))

Price : S$80.00

Availability : Unknown

SGCollect Link Info

Cheers

Edited by recon

I'm definetely not buying Prime. I hate this sculpt. The head is just horrible and I'm not especially fond of the legs either.

I used my money on a 1/48 :D

Same sentiments,

I rather get another VF-1S Hikaru or a Low Vis

Macross will be always my first love.

Cheers

I'm definetely not buying Prime. I hate this sculpt. The head is just horrible and I'm not especially fond of the legs either.

I used my money on a 1/48 :D

What's wrong with the sculpt? :blink:

I can't tell you how many people are waiting for this......perfect balance between robot and vehicle mode. Proportional size.......I guess you can't please them all. :ph34r:

I can't tell you how many people are waiting for this......perfect balance between robot and vehicle mode. Proportional size.......I guess you can't please them all.  :ph34r:

Can't agree more. Best prime ever. Heads and tails over the original convoy. Though personal tastes are personal tastes. I am more a transformer fan than a macross fan so prime gets priority over say, the Hikaru 1J. Hell I have 3 1/48s already, I don't need any more. Except for a Max 1J 1/48, and a 1/48 super O, and a 1/48 Elint. :lol:

Edited by GobotFool

Thanks for the Link.

Now just gotta wait for HLJ and they better ship it soon-- we're paying an arm and a leg for EMS just to get this thing before x-mas.

LOL, anyone else catch the mispelled 'the' --- 'teh' on the box? Another reason to save this box, error for a collector's item could increase this thing's value somemore in twenty years... :o:p

here's the pic..