Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

And after seeing this pic, I'm definitely getting BT-02 Lambor...gee, I hope the chic is included...

lambor13.jpg

http://www.tfkenkon.com/collection/act169/

a few things, 1 the chic is hitomi from DOAX, 2 the vehicle mode is fantastic but i tihnk they put too mcuh emphasis on the vehicle mode and the robot mode suffers, a windsheild crotch? 3, his name is lambor, should he not be a lamborghini?? 4, if they are supposed to be 'robots in disguise' you would tihnk they would choose vehicles that would attract less attention than a dodge viper, BRING ON THE SATURN L SERIES TRANSFORMER!! :p:p

Hi :D Do you wanna hold prime by his head :p I'm still waiting for mine to confirm. However I read that his neck looked fragile but was made of strong plastic like all his non diecast parts. Buy it man before he becomes out of stock :lol:

Hold Prime by the head and it goes a pop!

I wouldn't say it's fragile per say, but it does come off awful easy.

Actually it doesn't bother me though.

I wish the leg could strike and hold some more dramatic poses without feeling the need to "spring" back to their netural pose though.

I like the MP-01 Convoy so much, I'm gonna give it my vote as Toy of the Year over the SOC Dancouga. This is one sweetly engineered toy! I especially like the effort put into the gimmicks for the various pistons and flaps. Can't really describe the feeling but when I pressed the foot into the ankle well and saw the array of gray flaps on the shin flip open, it was instant mecha-joy!

Hi :D Do you wanna hold prime by his head :p I'm still waiting for mine to confirm. However I read that his neck looked fragile but was made of strong plastic like all his non diecast parts. Buy it man before he becomes out of stock :lol:

Oh don't be silly. of course I'm getting him. :D I had to have been one of the first people to preorder him. He should arrive within a week or so. --I can hardly wait.--

After seeing this pic, I hope Hasbro doesn't try to censor him even more so...

1070088037340_OP20_Finger.jpg

http://www.gamersquare.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=46419

That was what I wanted to do on the Valks but their fingers are together. ;) After looking at these pics, I am happy I preorder 3 of him!

3 ?

You said 2 before : 1 for display, 1 MISB. I was right when I thought you really became Transfholic :lol: . So am I :rolleyes:

After seeing this pic, I hope Hasbro doesn't try to censor him even more so...

1070088037340_OP20_Finger.jpg

http://www.gamersquare.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=46419

That was what I wanted to do on the Valks but their fingers are together. ;) After looking at these pics, I am happy I preorder 3 of him!

3 ?

You said 2 before : 1 for display, 1 MISB. I was right when I thought you really became Transfholic :lol: . So am I :rolleyes:

Well, it was an accident. I asked this one place if I can add 1 more before I went to another store (Twinmoons). When I ddint hear from them I went ahead and ordered 2 FPs for the 1/48s and MPC prime. A day later, I got email from Toynk that they added it to my order. I was like DOH! Total including shipping wasnt bad. $180 for 2 primes shipped.

I will see if it can be cancelled though I am thinking about it leaving it... it is gonna be costly. :unsure: Then again I can sell one of them. B))

Damnit! I wish you guys would consider going easy on yer wallets and be content with just buying one of every toy you like. But Nooo, you all just GOTTA catch em all. Come on fellas, there are lots of people who are working the butts off to get OP also. Give these people (and me) a chance! :lol:

Damnit! I wish you guys would consider going easy on yer wallets and be content with just buying one of every toy you like. But Nooo, you all just GOTTA catch em all. Come on fellas, there are lots of people who are working the butts off to get OP also. Give these people (and me) a chance! :lol:

Don't worry. I'm Transfholic : I mean that I bought and will buy all the Binaltech and Masterpiece line but just one of each :lol:

I like the MP-01 Convoy so much, I'm gonna give it my vote as Toy of the Year over the SOC Dancouga. This is one sweetly engineered toy! I especially like the effort put into the gimmicks for the various pistons and flaps. Can't really describe the feeling but when I pressed the foot into the ankle well and saw the array of gray flaps on the shin flip open, it was instant mecha-joy!

My god! Its that good, for it to win your vote over that of the Dancougar, that is true praise coming from you. Now I want this even more :(

My god! Its that good, for it to win your vote over that of the Dancougar, that is true praise coming from you. Now I want this even more :(

Yaps i would agree with Drifand on this, MP OP wins over the SOC Dancougar by a large margin in terms of design, engineering and beauty, maybe even the 1/48 line. Boy im glad i didnt got the dancougar, with its price i could afford two MP Op instead. :lol::p My thumbs for it to be the toy of 2003/2004.

Hey BOB, hope you are able to get you cousin who is in SG to get you one, cos its low in stock or unavailable at the moment.

Cheers

Yaps i would agree with Drifand on this, MP OP wins over the SOC Dancougar by a large margin in terms of design, engineering and beauty, maybe even the 1/48 line. Boy im glad i didnt got the dancougar, with its price i could afford two MP Op instead. :lol::p My thumbs for it to be the toy of 2003/2004.

Hey BOB, hope you are able to get you cousin who is in SG to get you one, cos its low in stock or unavailable at the moment.

Cheers

That is another thing it has going for it. Price! Its larger than both the Dan and a 1/48 yet cheaper and from the looks sturdier.

Don't worry. I'm Transfholic : I mean that I bought and will buy all the Binaltech and Masterpiece line but just one of each :lol:

LOL! Thanks for the consolation. :lol: But I know the chances are pretty slim already. :(:p

Cheers

What da ya mean winning over the SOC Dancougar, maybe even the 1/48 line? It's winning over the the 1/48 Yamato already! It seems to me no one here dares to say it.

I mean come on, even by just looking at the OP pictures, it's so friggin' obvious! And although it's not being really nice to the toy makers to compare toys of different shows, they are still, of the same category. I'm quite a fair judge on quality and ingenuity of products that are almost similar, plus, I own both the 1/48 Yammie and SOC Dancougar so I know what I'm saying.

The 2003 ToyboxDX's TOTY should have gone to the SOC Dan, but too bad, Prime just arrived in time and whooped his ass. :lol:

To add a bit upon BoB's last statement. If you wanna vote for the 2003 ToyboxDX "Toy of the Year" go HERE. :D

Wow. That is a LOT to choose from.....many, many, many superb choices.

BEWARE. This site takes a WHILE to load (and I have DSL). :(

EDIT: Why waste your time....I guess most of MW will choose between MP Convoy and Yamato's 1/48 Super VF-1J. Personally. I went with Takara's MP-01. B))

Edited by UN Spacy

Yaps i would agree with Drifand on this, MP OP wins over the SOC Dancougar by a large margin in terms of design, engineering and beauty, maybe even the 1/48 line. Boy im glad i didnt got the dancougar, with its price i could afford two MP Op instead.  :lol:  :p My thumbs for it to be the toy of 2003/2004.

Cheers

What da ya mean winning over the SOC Dancougar, maybe even the 1/48 line? It's winning over the the 1/48 Yamato already! It seems to me no one here dares to say it.

I mean come on, even by just looking at the OP pictures, it's so friggin' obvious! And although it's not being really nice to the toy makers to compare toys of different shows, they are still, of the same category. I'm quite a fair judge on quality and ingenuity of products that are almost similar, plus, I own both the 1/48 Yammie and SOC Dancougar so I know what I'm saying.

The 2003 ToyboxDX's TOTY should have gone to the SOC Dan, but too bad, Prime just arrived in time and whooped his ass. :lol:

Guys, it doesn't really matter which toy wins TOTY this year - I'm just so HAPPY to be able to own a toy as well thought-out and made as the MP-1!!! SOC Dan is still a worthy contender but IMO, its price and the (ahem!) loose neck - both pull it down a notch compared to the satisfaction from playing with the MP-1. I also enjoyed the BT-01 Smokescreen a lot, but it can't beat the Big Dan or MP-1 when it comes to sheer SIZE and PRESENCE.

The Metal Material Strike Gundam? Nicely done and I'd pick it over the also excellent KS Shiki, but it's just another Gundam. The SOC EVAs are nifty, but didn't really work for me mostly because of the glitzy paint-jobs. SOC Getter Dragon is also nice and simple... maybe too simple! That's how I feel about the candidates, happy voting! :-)

In my Dengeki hobby magazine for January 2004 it says that the packege comes with a paper trailer is that true? also did you guys know that the arm has a flip up comm with bumble bee on it? cool!!!!

Ihavent been reading this thread so if its old sorry.

In my Dengeki hobby magazine for January 2004 it says that the packege comes with a paper trailer is that true? also did you guys know that the arm has a flip up comm with bumble bee on it? cool!!!!

yep the inside cardoard box can be turned into a trailer (we already have pics ;) )

and for the communicator, optimus have 2 of them lol :D (search this post and u'll see :D )

Yaps i would agree with Drifand on this, MP OP wins over the SOC Dancougar by a large margin in terms of design, engineering and beauty, maybe even the 1/48 line. Boy im glad i didnt got the dancougar, with its price i could afford two MP Op instead.  :lol:  :p My thumbs for it to be the toy of 2003/2004.

Cheers

Guys, it doesn't really matter which toy wins TOTY this year - I'm just so HAPPY to be able to own a toy as well thought-out and made as the MP-1!!! SOC Dan is still a worthy contender but IMO, its price and the (ahem!) loose neck - both pull it down a notch compared to the satisfaction from playing with the MP-1. I also enjoyed the BT-01 Smokescreen a lot, but it can't beat the Big Dan or MP-1 when it comes to sheer SIZE and PRESENCE.

The Metal Material Strike Gundam? Nicely done and I'd pick it over the also excellent KS Shiki, but it's just another Gundam. The SOC EVAs are nifty, but didn't really work for me mostly because of the glitzy paint-jobs. SOC Getter Dragon is also nice and simple... maybe too simple! That's how I feel about the candidates, happy voting! :-)

I agree, some of last years choices were a little lackluster, (save for the 1/48. Okay shameless love for the 1/48 :rolleyes: ) This year, OMG, the toy companies pulled out all the stops! Too many good toys, to little money and space.

yeah, he does come with the flip up comm with bumblebee on it and there's another one that has starscream. Why does he have starscream? I don't know. :p:D:lol:

yeah, he does come with the flip up comm with bumblebee on it and there's another one that has starscream. Why does he have starscream? I don't know.  :p  :D  :lol:

It could be hinting at some possible G1 story they never air... kind of a continuity thing... You see, Starscream is always fighting with Soundwave for Megatron's attention. But he NEVER gets quality time with big pistol man robot. So he gets it from big truck man robot. :ph34r: Red Comet is gonna love this. :D:lol::p

Edited by Beware of Blast

yeah, he does come with the flip up comm with bumblebee on it and there's another one that has starscream. Why does he have starscream? I don't know.  :p  :D  :lol:

It could be hinting at some possible G1 story they never air... kind of a continuity thing... You see, Starscream is always fighting with Soundwave for Megatron's attention. But he NEVER gets quality time with big pistol man robot. So he gets it from big truck man robot. :ph34r: Red Comet is gonna love this. :D:lol::p

Or maybe in a less Hentai way...

...maybe that explains why Star Scream is so intent on dethroning Megatron....

....perhaps he's on the Autobot payroll.... that's why it was HIS blast that caused the Autobots to rise in More Than Meets the Eye... yess.....

Alright fellas. Another website has them listed as READY TO SHIP.

Should (and Can) I cancel my order with HLJ.com? :blink:

Would it make any significant difference in pricing or shipping timing if you cancel? If not, just be patient.

My cousin manage to buy one for me in Singapore. It was the last piece in the shop... could probably the last piece in the whole of Singapore as far as the first wave of stock is concerned!!! :ph34r: Ahem, but then again, at the height of my personal frenzied anticipation of that bloody toy, I tend to believe what people tell me. :D

To add a bit upon BoB's last statement. If you wanna vote for the 2003 ToyboxDX "Toy of the Year" go HERE. :D

Wow. That is a LOT to choose from.....many, many, many superb choices.

BEWARE. This site takes a WHILE to load (and I have DSL). :(

EDIT: Why waste your time....I guess most of MW will choose between MP Convoy and Yamato's 1/48 Super VF-1J. Personally. I went with Takara's MP-01. B))

I personally voted for Prime myself.

Let's be real. The 1/48 valk won last year. Why vote for a repeat this year?

Would it make any significant difference in pricing or shipping timing if you cancel? If not, just be patient.

Well. Considering that HLJ.com would have charged a pretty hefty price for EMS shipping I decided to go with toynk.com (and their $4.99 Flat Shipping fee) B)) . I also had a bit of trouble with HLJ.com when I ordered my Binaltech Smokescreen, went through toynk.com and had no problems there.

I think I'm calling it quits with my relationship (with HLJ.com). :ph34r:

Let's be real. The 1/48 valk won last year. Why vote for a repeat this year?

That's funny you mention that......I was surfing (i.e. lurking) around some Transformers forums which shall remain nameless for now. It seems that some of them thought Macrossworlders "spammed" last years TOYBOXDX "Toy of the Year" Contest. Is there any truth to this? :lol:

Well. Considering that HLJ.com would have charged a pretty hefty price for EMS shipping I decided to go with toynk.com (and their $4.99 Flat Shipping fee) B)) . I also had a bit of trouble with HLJ.com when I ordered my Binaltech Smokescreen, went through toynk.com and had no problems there.

I think I'm calling it quits with my relationship (with HLJ.com). :ph34r:

In that case, make sure you secure your current order with the current supplier before you cancel the one you have with HLJ. :D I'm really tired of the OP's scarcity news ala Dancouga/1/48 fastpacks incidents... Makes me wonder if they're REALLY that limited or it's the filthy scalpers at work. :lol: