Optimus Prime MPC

Godzilla

I noticed something weird on my MP Convoy. Are they ALL supposed to have an exposed right antenna (where you can see the silver screw)?

Or was there a blue piece there to cover it up?

EDIT: Never mind. I've been looking around online. They all have that exposed area. :p

:blink:

Noticed that the screw doesn't have a groove on mine (for a screw driver to grip to unscrew). I'm wondering how people have removed the front faceplate to see the mouth/speaker, not that I would do that to mine anywayz...

Did everybody take a good look on the booklet? Tons of info! Talked about how the G1 Prime/Convoy was the #17 of the Takara Diaclone robot toy series way before the Transformer franchise was born. It also went through lots of info on how Prime started in the TV series, died in The Movie, and other cameo appearances in different U.S. & Japanese TF shows. Also pretty funny is that, when they tried to tackle the abilities & stats of Prime, even Takara don't know exactly what to based on as there are info of Prime being 36 meter long in truck mode, but we all know that that's way too long. He also shoots lasers from the eyes, flies in robot mode quite often, yet needed to borrow a rocket pack to fly at times. He even flied in truck mode(yes, truck mode) once. Talk about "More Than Meets Teh Eyes" LOL :D Wonder what the director of the U.S. TV show was smoking. :rolleyes: This booklet is really a nice surprise. Not as fancy looking as the SOC booklets, but packed with very good toy pics, some illustrations, info, & articles. Got to love that illustration towards the end with all the Primes/Convoys together. Wish the pic was a little bigger though. :p

Very nice stuff, and kudos to Takara again!

Got mine in today! :D Two words: KICK ASS!

Every bit worth the price and the wait.

Thank you Tam!

Aw MAN.. I missed the Hasbro release at KB toys by a matter of minutes....

...the guy said he had six in this morning, and they were all sold out by about three.... was there at 3:45.....

:o:angry::(<_<

Um maybe he was referring to energon prime? I hadn't heard of hasbros's mpop showing up at any retail chain as of yet.

Anyone heard from Blasto yet? I'm dying here holding out for my Blasto preorder when I could have gotten it a week ago from, well, pretty much anywhere else. :ph34r:

Don't feel bad, I'm still (patiently?) waiting for mine from an eBay source.

Sigh.

I am also waiting on an order from Blasto. I ordered the U.S. version from bigbadtoystore, and it shold be here early next week. If I have not heard anything from them after the third week of January, I am going to cancel my order.

Blasto was about 10.00 cheaper than everyone else, but I expected delivery before the end of December.

Edit spelling(forgot what month we are living in)

Edited by Roy's Blues

Does anyone know if the battery can be stored inside the MP prime or does one need to pry it open for storing? I really hate to open the sucker up just to remove the dam batteries!

Anyone?

The casing that stores the batteries to light up the matrix is a piece by itself. It's powered by two watch batteries and you don't have to pry anything open unless you need to change the batteries. B))

It's also removable so you don't have to worry about damaging anything.

I'm too lazy to get a picture of my own. So I borrowed this one from Remy's website..........

post-26-1073076457_thumb.jpg

To anyone who wants a trailer not made out of cardboard or hijacked from another toy a unknown chinese toy company has stepped in to produce a trailer for masterpiece primes and convoys going for $40

its all here on the tfw2005 boards

Cool! I'm guessing just the back door will open like a real trailer, but it would awesome if it split in half and had some extra detail. Actually, I'll be surprised if Takara themselves doesn't eventually make a fully detailed 'masterpiece' trailer to go along with Prime. They've got to know how much of a hit that would be.

Does anyone know if the battery can be stored inside the MP prime or does one need to pry it open for storing? I really hate to open the sucker up just to remove the dam batteries!

Anyone?

The casing that stores the batteries to light up the matrix is a piece by itself. It's powered by two watch batteries and you don't have to pry anything open unless you need to change the batteries. B))

It's also removable so you don't have to worry about damaging anything.

I'm too lazy to get a picture of my own. So I borrowed this one from Remy's website..........

thanks for the info Spacy. Here's a pic

post-26-1073136774_thumb.jpg

I love the Takara box. I only wish it had a flip top so you can see the masterpiece that is inside of it. Hasbro isn't bad at all. Prime is everything everyone ever wanted in a transformable figure.

Now....if only I can keep this sucker MISB w/o any fear of battery corrosion!

I got mine today a couple of hours ago..... and I'm still waiting for my erection to wear off. This toy is awesome! Now if I can just hang on until my wife gets home.... ;)

sorry :D

I don't even want to know your reaction to the 1/48 valks.

Whats the verdict on the US one versus the Import? Is there any Die-Cast left in the US version? Thanks guys!

US version: same die cast, same gun, battle damaged paint scheme, short smoke stack, no paper trailer, different packaging and manual.

MP-1 Convoy ( Optimus Prime ), BT-01 Smokescreen and BT-02 Lambor are mine :D : it's the beginning of a Cybertron / Autobot army :lol: Come on Takara, it's high time you released Destron / Decepticon Binaltechs under the leadership of an awesome MP-2 Masterpiece Megatron :p

I have received my tracking number from BBTS for Hasbro version OP, But still no news from Blasto on my takara version.

There have been sightings of Hasbro OP at Kay-be toys in my area for 74.00.

If anyone hears anything from Blasto, please post something here. I have already passed up to auctions on a takara version near there price-point :angry:

Easily the best toy ever. (This coming from a very selective collector.) The engineering might not be Perfect Grade caliber, but it's a giant Optimus Prime with a kickin' bot mode for galaxy's sake!

So large and heavy, makes me feel like a little kid again.

I've probably transformed him four or five times a day since I got him more than a week ago. No sign of any weak spots. Looks like it even has a metal pin going through the neck joint to keep it strong.

And that LED for the matrix...so fraggin' bright! I could probably tape the switch on and use Prime to read by at night. :lol:

Now I just need to get a Hasblow Prime for spare parts. I'll use that one to figure out how to take him apart safely. Then I'll strip the chrome on my Takara and paint those bits with silver enamel, detail the panel lines and recesses, change some details and colors here and there, and add some subtle weathering (especially in those molded scratches and dings). Can't wait to get started. :)

To anyone not yet owning a Takara or Hasbro MP Prime. . . Hurry up, pick your price point, and BUY. Do it now. There will be no regrets. :blink::lol:

Edited by Californium

So the US version has been sighted in stores? I found the Impreza Smokescreen at Toys R Us. Maybe I will check there.

Yea, actually, I'm guilty of those reports... :D

The manager of said KB toys INSISTS he's had them in.