Newbie Questions on Macross

Thanks, LoneWolf... but the credits on both those songs show only the Composer, Arranger and Lyricist of the music, not the singer. And in the film and on the CD, the Singer credit has always been given to Emilia Jenius with Nekki Basara" or something totally unhelpful like that.

The other scan just shows the voice actress credit, which we already know is Michiko Neya.

I'm tellin' ya, it's the greatest Macross mystery ever! :p

Did some research, Hitoshi Doi's seiyuu database lists her in the credits of the 25th Anniversay Macross Maximum Box, specifically in disc 5. Unfortunately, the scans on that page are quite small. I did however, find the thing on Amazon Japan using the catalogue number.

Edited by d3v

Could a VB-6 Koenig carry troops?

And what do you do when faced with 3 genius aces in state of the art Valkyries. :p

You pray, just pray... Or you can break the fourth wall and write in the scene that your a better pilot than either of them.

Additionally:

1. Fold travel

2. Pinpoint Barrier systems (this includes the omni-directional barrier of the NMC-13 and the barrier used on the frontier city ship)

3. Advanced AI

4. Reflex / Reaction weaponry (although initially it was a euphemism for Nuclear weapons, we are not entirely sure if they were conventional nukes or some enhanced form)

5. ECA or Energy Converting Armor

6. Hyper carbon steel (most likely other forms of advanced alloys)

7. Dimension Eater bomb (I suspect this was derived from the PD war)

8. Macross Cannons

Granted, several of these examples apply to post SW1 OTEC, but they are still OTEC nonetheless.

Isn't Reflex weapons a loltech term???

Oh, I see, funny that I don't remember those teal VF-17D ^_^ But isn't that just a color variation, since there's barely any upgrade on those VF-17s, unlike Brando crimson/purple VF-17S in VFX-2 which is equipped with a jamming system.

Btw, talking about VFX, does the Pheyos Valkyrie differs then the Varauta bomber? The Pheyos is developed from VF-11X mixed with zentreadi technology, does the Varauta using the same design for their bomber?

Yes, they are just regular VF-17D Nightmares, but I think RedWolf is onto something when he says Kawamori and Co. likely used those green-blue VF-17's from Macross Dynamite 7 as precursors to the VF-171. It fits rather nicely I think :)

Remember, the UN Spacy also use the SB-10/10 Starwing and VA-3 Invader for attack and bombing roles. Plus the VF-17 Nightmare was something of a bomber as well as is the later VF-171.

I was lurking on your site and LMAO when I found this one :lol: :

* Pineapple Salad

o A meal that no one will eat followed by a desert menu featuring the death of your favorite character.

That got me thinking, maybe Ozma had some leftover pineapples that he gave to Cathy, who in turn made pineapple salad for her dad.

have they homaged studio nue getting destroyed yet by crashing valks or speeding Q-raus yet?

Since the original SDFM? No I don't think so but they've parodied a certain director that began as a mecha designer there. Who was almost involed in every Macross series.

Slap him with a beard and calls him "Mr. Director".

* Pineapple Salad

o A meal that no one will eat followed by a desert menu featuring the death of your favorite character.

Hehehe, nicely done Morpheus. I was wondering when someone was going to mention it. The Macropedia seemed like a great place to have a little fun :):lol:

Could a VB-6 Koenig carry troops?

And what do you do when faced with 3 genius aces in state of the art Valkyries. :p

Offer them steak and/or pineapple salad.

and just in case, have some pizza and pineapple cake and play a few Fire Bomber songs.

Offer them steak and/or pineapple salad.

and just in case, have some pizza and pineapple cake and play a few Fire Bomber songs.

Fire Bomber negates the effect of pineapples... :p:lol:

Are we to assume then that pineapples can in fact drain spiritia?

That got me thinking, maybe Ozma had some leftover pineapples that he gave to Cathy, who in turn made pineapple salad for her dad.

So, the only way to save President Glass on time is to call him on his cel and sing a fire bomber song! hurry cathy!

I'd like to know what is up with the Flower Girl in Mac7. I am only up to ep.19 of the show (so says my sig) but I really want to know what is the story with here and her apparent lover of Basara. Does the show gives her some background eventually or is it a big mystery?

I'd like to know what is up with the Flower Girl in Mac7. I am only up to ep.19 of the show (so says my sig) but I really want to know what is the story with here and her apparent lover of Basara. Does the show gives her some background eventually or is it a big mystery?

No it doesn't only that it is almost as if the girl has a homing instinct when it comes to Basara.

Actually I regard her a real damn mystery.

In 2010 (Macross Classic) Minmay had a Flower Girl fan that bumped to Hikaru when a Minmay concert was cancelled. Same Seiyuu.

Is this this the same Flower Girl that is following Basara? Her mother? Or is the one M7 a clone , since in 2030 clonning was stopped due to children getting sick. Being 15 year old makes sense.

Here's another damn Mystery we also see her in Sheryl's concert in Frontier manga with flowers again.

What do we know about the Supervision Army - aka the EVIL from Mac-7?

Technically not the Evil as they were the Protodevlin, controlong those super weapon bodies.

Not much only their origins. The Supervision was composed of brainwashed Zentradi and Protoculture. The Protoculture and the Zentradi was getting trounced by them and their Protodevlin masters. The situation was so bad that the Protoculture factions had to unite.

Thus fleets like Bodolzaa having some female warrios as well.

The order to not to interfere the Protoculture was retracted to better fight the SA.

But this was a bad idea after the Protodevlin was sealed by Anima Spiritia. Protoculture communication network was pretty much destroyed losing control of the Zentradi.

By the time SDF Macross the Supervision Army was booby traping gunships.

First one was the Macross.

Another wreck with the same class and configuration as the ASS-1 was found during the operation to capture a factory ship.

Misa wanted to investigate but Vrlithwai said due to the experience it was likely booby trapped and the mission took priority.

It was assumed that it was attacked by one of the fleets oe ships fleeing Earth as Bodolzaa was killed.

They did send an investigation team later on the same coordinates but the Supervision Army ship was gone.

The Megaroad 13 Varauta colony was turned into a new Supervision Army by the Protodevlin Gepelnitch.

Exsedol upon seeing the extensively modified Varautan Valkyries thought they were familiar but dismissed it as they were the wrong size for the Supervision Army.

Which we know are also giants.

In the 50 years since Space War 1 there hasn't been any contact with the original SA.

Edited by RedWolf

I think I read a post somewhere mentioning that Flower Girl is a time traveling girl. :huh: Or maybe she is one of the last protoculture who witness the anima spiritia triumph over the protodevlin, that's why she's obsessed with anima spiritia character. :unsure:

I think I read a post somewhere mentioning that Flower Girl is a time traveling girl. :huh: Or maybe she is one of the last protoculture who witness the anima spiritia triumph over the protodevlin, that's why she's obsessed with anima spiritia character. :unsure:

I don't buy it. If she were a master of time travel, she wouldn't have kept missing Basara...

I think Flower Girl was just a minor message character, a lesson within the show. All she does is attempt to deliver flowers to Basara, but she never takes any initiative nor makes a genuine attempt to bring attention to her wants. When Basara finally gets the flowers, it's in a fleeting moment, as he flys by, not the kind of meeting she was hoping for. I think she's just a lesson to the audience to take chances in life, to stand out, otherwise you're just an ignored face in the crowd.

Edited by Mr March

Question: Did the factory ship Vrlithwai snatch had cloning facility?

I know it is a weapons factory. It was making Regulds.

We know that the original Zentradi don't go through childhood. They are already programmed with their purpose.

Where did the UNG get its cloning technology? From the chronology those clones go through childhood. The cloning program ended in 2030.

Which also brings to question whether Moaramia "Jifon" Fallyna Jenius is clone. Was she a 6 year old macro Meltran?

Milia is shown being micloned after her deployment to the Sol system. Obviously there must be micloning facilities aboard Zentradi ships. When the Zentradi joined the humans after Space War I, no doubt the humans gained cloning technology for the 100 ships that joined the remains of the UN Spacy.

I think the idea of introducing cloning into the Macross universe was pretty much an afterthought anyway. Kawamori and Co. hadn't planned on making sequels and once they did, they needed some way to repopulate the human race quickly to start telling colonization stories. So they just assumed the humans grabbed cloning tech and went from there. But it clear from the lack of mention in the anime productions that they never bothered emphasizing cloning or the importance of it.

Milia is shown being micloned after her deployment to the Sol system. Obviously there must be micloning facilities aboard Zentradi ships. When the Zentradi joined the humans after Space War I, no doubt the humans gained cloning technology for the 100 ships that joined the remains of the UN Spacy.

I think the idea of introducing cloning into the Macross universe was pretty much an afterthought anyway. Kawamori and Co. hadn't planned on making sequels and once they did, they needed some way to repopulate the human race quickly to start telling colonization stories. So they just assumed the humans grabbed cloning tech and went from there. But it clear from the lack of mention in the anime productions that they never bothered emphasizing cloning or the importance of it.

Well, they mentioned the Megaroad mission in the original TV show. Admittedly it was only in the post-war arc, which wasn't originally part of the plan, but...

Even without the intent to TELL stories of the colonization, it helps if you explain how you've rebuilt the population enough in 2 years that it's a viable option.

quick question:

what's the connection of the manga to the anime? is it parallel timeline? already past the series? side stories?

sure i could check the manga thread to find out the answer, but i'm afraid of possible spoilers (if the manga is indeed ahead of the anime).

quick question:

what's the connection of the manga to the anime? is it parallel timeline? already past the series? side stories?

sure i could check the manga thread to find out the answer, but i'm afraid of possible spoilers (if the manga is indeed ahead of the anime).

Which manga? There seems to be details missing in your question.

oops sorry. macross frontier manga. :)

Pretty much the same plot with some minor differences.

Question: What's the name of the Jamming Bird song with Valkyrie on the lyrics?

Which is part of the Macross II soundtrack.

Edited by RedWolf

Thought I would ask this in the newbie section, has the question of what form of propulsion the varja lobsters and shrimp use in space been hit upon yet??

Edited by LordDremen

Pretty much the same plot with some minor differences.

Question: What's the name of the Jamming Bird song with Valkyrie on the lyrics?

Which is part of the Macross II soundtrack.

"Ridin' in your Valkyrie." Or, if you want to get all purist about it and everything, it's バルキリーで誘って.

I don't believe it has. Though I think it is similar to that used by the galactic whales in Dynamite 7.

Thought I would ask this in the newbie section, has the question of what from of propulsion the varja lobsters and shrimp use in space been hit upon yet??

I don't believe it has. Though I think it is similar to that used by the galactic whales in Dynamite 7.

Think of everything they eat as beans. :lol:

Honestly, they've never address the issue.