Newbie Questions on Macross

It's on the Macross Compendium, of course :)

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Do_You_Remember_Love%3F

Do You Remember Love?

Film about Space War I and Lynn Minmay that premiered in 2031 February. The film became an enormous success and revived the Minmay Boom the same year. It influenced later protrayals of Space War I and inspired many United Nations citizens including Basara Nekki, a pivotal figure in the Protodeviln War (2045 March-2046 February).

For propaganda reasons, the film deviated from the historical events. Zentradi female commander Moruk Laplamiz was intentionally protrayed as a commander of an entire "Meltlandi" main fleet separate from the Boddole Zer Main Fleet, in order to emphasize the existence and danger of main fleets besides the Boddole Zer Main Fleet. (The movie popularized the Zentradi term "Meltlandi" for female Zentradi in general.) The movie also employed the East River training ship to protray Boddole Zer's mothership, using holography to alter the ship's outer appearance.

Appendices

Production Notes: Several episodes of Macross 7, particularly episode 11 ("Minmay Video") and the third unaired episode ("Fleet of Strongest Women"), excerpted the Do You Remember Love? film. This film purportedly produced within the world of Macross has several differences from the similarly named film, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross [the Movie]: Do You Remember Love? (1984). The 2031 film in the Macross world has Max and Milia fighting in space, which did not occur in either the 1984 film, or the first Macross series (1982). It also protrays Max and Milia's marriage which was not included in the 1984 film.

I don't think this really qualifies as a newbie question but it seems like the best place to ask. Does anyone know the same of the song Ranka sings in ep.12 to tame the Zentradi. It is really catchy. I hope it makes it onto OST 2 (which better happen, there is so much stuff sing OST 1).

I don't think this really qualifies as a newbie question but it seems like the best place to ask. Does anyone know the same of the song Ranka sings in ep.12 to tame the Zentradi. It is really catchy. I hope it makes it onto OST 2 (which better happen, there is so much stuff sing OST 1).

Seikan hikou, followed by Aimo, finally she sang Neko nikki during flight Alto VF-25, the ending credits is the Ranka version of Ai Oboeteimasuka. Darn, they should make Megumi perform Triangular and this will be 100% Ranka episode :lol:

Seikan hikou, followed by Aimo, finally she sang Neko nikki during flight Alto VF-25, the ending credits is the Ranka version of Ai Oboeteimasuka. Darn, they should make Megumi perform Triangular and this will be 100% Ranka episode :lol:

I only needed the first one really but thanks. Is this a song that has been done before in Macross or is it new (I had thought it was)?

I only needed the first one really but thanks. Is this a song that has been done before in Macross or is it new (I had thought it was)?

Its Ranka single debut

^^

Save for Aimo, all of the songs she sung in that episode is on that single, it even had her rendition of My Boyfriend's a pilot ^_^

wonder if all of it makes it on OST 2

I hope it all does, I kind of want to find Seikan Hokou now, I assume there is someway I can download that single... I haven't been looking but I bet somewhere has it.

EDIT: Found it, I knew I would be able to find it.

Edited by Master Dex

• 2 weeks later...
This has probably been asked many times but what is Lucca relationship with Leon? They are not brothers, are they? And what does LAI actually stand for? Can't seem to recall any episode explaining what it is.

Given the fact that they have different last names and look nothing alike, I'm inclined to say no. ^_^

I think I somewhere heard that L.A.I. supposedly stands for "Light Aircraft Industries", but the correct answer probably is "it hasn't been revealed yet" :unsure:

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

anyone else crack up when maxmillian jenius is introduced in SDF Macross and he says he is a total novice and would like tips from hikaru?

He never flew a plane before. Hikaru had nore flight time and combat time.

That didn't stop him from kicking ass in video games and meet his future wife.

Why does everyone say deculture?

What does Deculture mean, anyhow?

It's referred to as a food, as a time, as an exclamation before death, god, it's like the Smurfs with the word Smurf.

WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MEAN?!

You're kidding right?

Deculture or "De Culcha" in Zentradi can have several meanings. Usually expressed in surprise.

The usual are Cool, Great, Awesome, at other times it means Unbelievable, Impossible.

At worst case Oh Sh*t.

Yakku Deculture means an extreme version of Deculture.

You're kidding right?

Deculture or "De Culcha" in Zentradi can have several meanings. Usually expressed in surprise.

The usual are Cool, Great, Awesome, at other times it means Unbelievable, Impossible.

At worst case Oh Sh*t.

No, I wasn't kidding.

So it is mainly an exclamation.

Although "See you next AWESOME" or "See you next COOL!" doesn't really work.

So it is a lot like Smurfs and the word Smurf.

I came up with this for the Macropedia. Hope it helps:

Deculture (de culcha)

A Zentradi/Meltrandi expletive statement often spoken to communicate the feeling of shock (typically in context of the Protoculture). Included within the books for the Macross: Do You Remember Love? limited edition remastered DVD set is a list of Zentraedi/Meltrandi words and the Japanese/English translations. "De culcha" is translated as "stupid thing" or "terrifying thing". By themselves, "de" means "no" or acts as a negative prefix, and "culcha" means "wonderful thing". The closest english approximation would be the phrase "What the hell" in response to experiencing something shocking or bizarre. The phrase has since been adopted by the human/zentradi culture for use in a positive context, often spoken as a meme in popular culture.

I came up with this for the Macropedia. Hope it helps:

Deculcha = UNWONDERFUL!! :(

Ok, now I have another question:

Is there any sort of a rule or like feeling against fan-designed valkyries?

Granted, not to be taken as Canon, but a unit all its own, is that like, um... what's the word... taboo?

Mind you, I am not talking about a fricken existing VF-variant with a different head or recolor, but I came up with my own concept (all three forms)... I tell you, it's hard to think of how this stuff moves and such; I still don't know how they came up with the complexity that is the YF-19...

Best,

RF-26 AAC Variant

Edited by RF-26AAC

Granted, not to be taken as Canon, but a unit all its own, is that like, um... what's the word... taboo?

Mind you, I am not talking about a fricken existing VF-variant with a different head or recolor, but I came up with my own concept (all three forms)... I tell you, it's hard to think of how this stuff moves and such; I still don't know how they came up with the complexity that is the YF-19...

Best,

RF-26 AAC Variant

He built it out of Lego's ^_^

As for your question, uhm no? :huh:

Inventing your own valkyrie is coming up with fan-material, which is pretty normal and untaboo-ish, I'd say.

Just don't try to sell it :p

He built it out of Lego's ^_^

As for your question, uhm no? :huh:

Inventing your own valkyrie is coming up with fan-material, which is pretty normal and untaboo-ish, I'd say.

Just don't try to sell it :p

No, not legos. This is just a series of sketches and ideas that may or may not be introduced into a fanfic or roleplay at some point.

I'm a big transformers buff, so... after designing a number of unique autobots, it was only natural I'd attempt a Valkyrie (triplechanger :p)

I wrote up a general overview of features, speculative place where it would go amid Macross Canon and wisely did not design a god-mode valkyrie... instead, I designed what I like to think of as the Ferrari of Valkyries.

Fan made art or fan fiction is what it is. Feel free to make some and share it here if you like to do that. There's no rule here on MW against it at all and the "Fan Works" section of these message boards have all kinds of threads featuring fan made designs.

BTW, check out my website if you want to learn more about the YF-19. It's really not that complicated at all and if you take the time to marvel at the design, you'll gain a new appreciation for it.

Edited by Mr March

as the others pointed out: the fan art section (search for the VF-5 design thread.)

I agree that it is hard to come up with complex transforming designs. But the more practice you get, the better you'll become. Also, it's highly recommended to visually study real world things like aircraft and only use existing VF designs as a clue on how to best represent a 3D physical airplane in 2D lineart. Basically how to convey the sense of mass, shape and so on.

And remember, Shoiji Kawamori has been designing transforming aircraft for more than 26 years. He's got up to a 26 year head start on the rest of us! (and yes, he did study airplane engineering in post secondary education.)

No, not legos. This is just a series of sketches and ideas that may or may not be introduced into a fanfic or roleplay at some point.

I'm a big transformers buff, so... after designing a number of unique autobots, it was only natural I'd attempt a Valkyrie (triplechanger :p)

I wrote up a general overview of features, speculative place where it would go amid Macross Canon and wisely did not design a god-mode valkyrie... instead, I designed what I like to think of as the Ferrari of Valkyries.

Well there is always the Orguss Valkyrie.

orguss-valkyrie.jpg

Studio Nue's in joke on Super Dimensional Century Orguss. One in the three Super Dimension franchise. (Macross, Southern Cross, Orguss)

The Orguss in SDC Orguss has 4 modes. Orgnoid mode (Battroid), Gerwalk mode, Fighter mode, Tank mode.

Edit: Oh yeah did the pilot in VFX get a name or am I to assume it was Aegis Focker too?

Edited by RedWolf

You're kidding right?

At worst case Oh Sh*t.

If I recall correctly, one of the early subs of the Deculture Edition of episode 1 had mistranslated the "deculture" bit from the Nyan-nyan song as pretty girls or something like that. It may be a mistranslation, but gorgeous, delicious, pretty girls is quite deculture in my book!