Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

Wow anyone catch the lee press on nails Brera Sterne is sporting when playing the harmonica? Nothing says I'm evil like pointy claw-like nails! If Carbuncle is Brera's it should have multiple lacerations from being pet by him!

Edited by Isamu Starkiller

I'm suddenly having visions of a fire red VF-25 with sound booster with Sheryl shoudintg "Watashi no uta wo kike!"

Considering we got a sense from the outset that Basara may be Sheryl's idol, it makes perfect sense that she'd want to be able to fly... :blink: It would be an interesting twist if she either was never able to fly a valk or was ineffective in a "sound force" environment...

Considering we got a sense from the outset that Basara may be Sheryl's idol, it makes perfect sense that she'd want to be able to fly... :blink: It would be an interesting twist if she either was never able to fly a valk or was ineffective in a "sound force" environment...

I'd rather they not go down that route, at all.

Yes, that's a the pre-production colors of the VF-25, taken from the Macross Frontier trailer way back in last year. It's not an official color scheme.

That insignia on the shoulder doesn't look like SMS to me, shape seems wrong...

The SMS color scheme is solid color with black, while this one is two toned color.

I guess time will tell

the scene were Ranka is called by her manager and she stops, although I don't understand what she was told, I really felt sad for her, as she hangs up and all this Sheryl images pop up, and felt worst when Sheryl enrolls on the academy, talk about a slap in the face to Ranka... poor girl

the scene were Ranka is called by her manager and she stops, although I don't understand what she was told, I really felt sad for her, as she hangs up and all this Sheryl images pop up, and felt worst when Sheryl enrolls on the academy, talk about a slap in the face to Ranka... poor girl

We just need a good Alto x Ranka episode and all will be fine.

The green creature are seems to attracted to Ranka just like the Vajra, who knows probably the green creature is a Vajra in early stage, and someday will evolve into a giant red lobster ^_^

Ahh, so the writers have done a great job of making Ranka a sympathetic character, well done!

Now it's Sheryl's turn so that we as the audience will feel conflicted when the whole romantic triangle goes into full swing...

Right now Ranka is the female Densha Otako, a pathetic character that we care about and want to root for. Either Sheryl will be the more successful rival or become the equally sympathetic love interest that Alto will have to eventually choose between.

I am liking the character development, much deeper than Mac 7 ever was...

Keep in mind as well that the latest rage in Japan are Korean dramas, so those will be influencing the market as well.

Korean dramas are the latest rage?? what are they mostly about?? hehehe

well...I still want to Sheryl to end up with Alto despite Ranka current situation, it will be very interesting to see how this two girls decide to try to win Altos affection

They are live action dramas of all genres.

http://wiki.elearning.ubc.ca/KoreanDrama

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0408240008.html

Now how many teenagers have watched the same shows as their parents? Many.

It has also affected Japanese pop culture in that both countries are exporting their music to each other.

Quite the phenomenon...

This is also the reason why I tend to belive anime will evolve into an Asian art form as opposed to strictly a Japanese one. Korea has produced several very good anime movies in recent years...

Edited by Zinjo

I always go for the underdog or underpuppy in Ranka's case. :) I hope she and Alto will have some kind of relationship towards the end. After all, didn't the Macross Frontier website call this series a "Love & Friendship & Planetary Fate criss-crossed Super Galactic Love Story"?

This episode was hilarious, even without the subs! :lol: (sure the animation took a nose dive but the content made up for it)

Gotta love the cute drawing of the Vajra in that short scene before/after commercial breaks.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Ranka was supposed to appear on a TV variety show. but it turns out that it was to be replaced by a Sheryl TV special, so the variety show was cancelled.

sad... :(

yeah, korean dramas have been the rage for many years now, target audience are the ladies.

My personal opinion is: they suck real bad... no kidding. The stories are really mediocre and simple, just love stories without much thoughts to the scripts, and in MASS-PRODUCTION. Most if not all, have lots and lots of problems - such as plots don't make sense, continuity/plot hole problems etc. so much that i can usually spot one or more problems in almost every episode. might be good for those who are able to just watch without thinking much about the plot and go along with the flow. but not for me, the plot holes are too obvious to go unnoticed. :mellow:

no offense to fans :)

i personally prefer Japanese serials much much more to Korean dramas. the japanese serials are much better scripted and usually have much more touching storylines. ;)

Edited by Shun

Ranka was supposed to appear on a TV variety show. but it turns out that it was to be replaced by a Sheryl TV special, so the variety show was cancelled.

I like Sheryl less now... Go Ranka, Go!

I think that is only because Leon got the show pulled, and just used the Sheryl special as a cover. Leon seems to have a real problem with Ranka, first he stops her from winning Miss Macross, and now this. I'll bet it has to do with the circumstances of the attack on the 117th Research fleet, and Brera may reveal more info as well.

I think that is only because Leon got the show pulled, and just used the Sheryl special as a cover. Leon seems to have a real problem with Ranka, first he stops her from winning Miss Macross, and now this. I'll bet it has to do with the circumstances of the attack on the 117th Research fleet, and Brera may reveal more info as well.

yes its kinda true, although technically speaking, Leon did not do it himself. Leon was on the phone with his subordinate, and that subordinate's job was to keep an eye on Ranka, and he was the one who did it.

Of cos, we'll still blame it on Leon. :ph34r:

and dont blame Sheryl (too much :p), cos she did offer Ranka to appear on her show, but Ranka decided not to depend on Sheryl.

Edited by Shun