Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

Catherine Glass suicide?

2517501980_21bf0e8f46_o.jpg

Leon suicide? (I don't care if he is wearing a skirt, it would explain a lot!)

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

hahah nice pics and catch-phrases! :lol:

rankacarrot256x144nl7.gifrankacarrotdancexk7.gif

ニンジーン loves you yeah!

(128x72)

Ranka waving:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2993/ra...ve128x72cf5.gif

as requested... Alto twitching:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3281/al...tch128w2gx1.gif

:D

She looks so cute next to the large Zentraedi ^_^

i think i figured it out, Macross Frontier will be different from all other Macross in that he will stay with both girls starting his own polygamist cult.

i think i figured it out, Macross Frontier will be different from all other Macross in that he will stay with both girls starting his own polygamist cult.

I think that Big Love is a great series so YEAHHHHH!!!! :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

Gah, why can't I run into a real single girl who is shaped like Nanase? ^^

Can anybody think of a real girl with a shape like hers??

Taksraven

I think that Big Love is a great series so YEAHHHHH!!!! :lol: :lol:

Taksraven

That is what Hikaru should have done to repopulate the Earth: "let's make babies!!"

Can anybody think of a real girl with a shape like hers??

Taksraven

You could modify one if you have the money, don't think you would like the results... :ph34r:

hahah nice pics and catch-phrases! :lol:

rankacarrot256x144nl7.gifrankacarrotdancexk7.gif

ニンジーン loves you yeah!

(128x72)

Ranka waving:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2993/ra...ve128x72cf5.gif

as requested... Alto twitching:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3281/al...tch128w2gx1.gif

:D

The Carrot song now owns my soul.... why because Ranka looks so damn cute.

I have to say that I'm a little shocked by the number of people on this thread who appear to have a hitherto unrealized fetish towards girls with giant carrots on their heads...

And again...RANKA KNOWS BRERA!!! Am I the only one who thought that that was the biggest plot point in this episode?

Well, the only plot forwarding was the Brera scene, but I don't think Ranka necessarily knew him already. To me it seemed more like "Hey, that guy is playing the song only I know, what the deculture is up with that??"

I have to say that I'm a little shocked by the number of people on this thread who appear to have a hitherto unrealized fetish towards girls with giant carrots on their heads...

And again...RANKA KNOWS BRERA!!! Am I the only one who thought that that was the biggest plot point in this episode?

I said that earlier Gubaba. My feeling is they are possibly related because she seemed to recognize him. Plus we have to pick through all of Ranka repressed memories.

Well, the only plot forwarding was the Brera scene, but I don't think Ranka necessarily knew him already. To me it seemed more like "Hey, that guy is playing the song only I know, what the deculture is up with that??"

If that were the case, she wouldn't have said, "It's you..." when she saw him.

I said that earlier Gubaba. My feeling is they are possibly related because she seemed to recognize him. Plus we have to pick through all of Ranka repressed memories.

Sorry, I must have missed that...I thought that I'd read all the posts, but I guess I accidentally skipped a few...

I just saw the sub for episode 8, and I loved it (animation and all)! I like the way Ranka has to struggle and faces defeat and disapointment. Unlike Minmay, Ranka loses the Miss Macross contest, and it looks like her road to fame will not come quite as easy as our original Miss Macross. Personally, I like Ranka better than Ms. Nome and hopes she does not end up with Alto (who seems to have fallen into the self-absorbed jerk mold, that has plaged the Macross universe from the start).

He can't help it, he's just written that way! I like the way the "Ranka Lee fan club" is looking out for her, and the shower confrontation scene was priceless; they really seem to have her back, unlike Alto who appears to care less. I also thought

the ending scene with our mysterious pilot was cool. I could be wrong, but I think he might be Ranka's real life brother or

long lost boyfriend (I think brother is more plausable given her young age). Finally, for weeks I have been trying to figure out why I don't like Ms. Nome and it finally hit me while watching this episode: she acts too much like Asuka from Evangelion! AND I DON'T LIKE ASUKA FROM EVANGELION!! But other than that, I ENJOYED THIS EPISODE MORE THAN

EPISODE 7 (GO FIGURE)! B))

So if Alto is in piloting school and Ranka is in entertainment, why are they in the same class? English lessons? :lol:

And twin-tails definately suit Alto-hime

post-1640-1211620749_thumb.jpg

Edited by wolfx

I just saw the sub for episode 8, and I loved it (animation and all)! I like the way Ranka has to struggle and faces defeat and disapointment. Unlike Minmay, Ranka loses the Miss Macross contest, and it looks like her road to fame will not come quite as easy as our original Miss Macross. Personally, I like Ranka better than Ms. Nome and hopes she does not end up with Alto (who seems to have fallen into the self-absorbed jerk mold, that has plaged the Macross universe from the start).

He can't help it, he's just written that way! I like the way the "Ranka Lee fan club" is looking out for her, and the shower confrontation scene was priceless; they really seem to have her back, unlike Alto who appears to care less. I also thought

the ending scene with our mysterious pilot was cool. I could be wrong, but I think he might be Ranka's real life brother or

long lost boyfriend (I think brother is more plausable given her young age). Finally, for weeks I have been trying to figure out why I don't like Ms. Nome and it finally hit me while watching this episode: she acts too much like Asuka from Evangelion! AND I DON'T LIKE ASUKA FROM EVANGELION!! But other than that, I ENJOYED THIS EPISODE MORE THAN

EPISODE 7 (GO FIGURE)! B))

I dunno, Asuka was more of a spoiled brat trying to cover up her issues with arrogance, while Sheryl may seem arrogant at times, she comes off more as mature, confident, comeptitive, driven yet at the same time playful character.

So if Alto is in piloting school and Ranka is in entertainment, why are they in the same class? English lessons? :lol:

And twin-tails definately suit Alto-hime

i'm guessing since it's a comprehensive/holistic kind of school, they have common classes together. maybe english, like you suggested. but most likely, homeroom class. then they're free to take the electives they want to specialize, but they have to go though a core curriculum nonetheless.

funny just how they all turned up to be in the same grade level. even sheryl.

and btw, the last scene reminded me of eva. asuka strikes!! :)

i'm guessing since it's a comprehensive/holistic kind of school, they have common classes together. maybe english, like you suggested. but most likely, homeroom class. then they're free to take the electives they want to specialize, but they have to go though a core curriculum nonetheless.

funny just how they all turned up to be in the same grade level. even sheryl.

and btw, the last scene reminded me of eva. asuka strikes!! :)

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Mihoshi allowed a greater degree of freedom as compared to real world school systems?

I dunno, Asuka was more of a spoiled brat trying to cover up her issues with arrogance, while Sheryl may seem arrogant at times, she comes off more as mature, confident, comeptitive, driven yet at the same time playful character.

well, unless sheryl suddenly reveals that she was an abused child, and she has deep-seeded feelings of insecurity, which would reach the point of her refusing to live... i likewise don't agree that she's like asuka. so far. :)

but still that blackboard scene was so similar. all it lacked was luca and mikhael being as shocked as alto, then we would have had an exact replica. :)

I love this episode. Ranka was really cute and Sheryl is just awesome. Love all the fan service and the panties chasing scene. The part where Alto saved Sheryl was cool. Brera looks really gay with the long nails and outfit. I wonder if the ex-gear has ECA as well? It doesn't seem to take damage and it just effs up the walls and ground. Lol.

Asuka's way more annoying.