I'm cautiously optimistic about a Robert Rodriguez Predator movie.

I would rather see a Richard Ramirez version. (very bad joke)

But a Cliffhanger remake!!!! WTF are they thinking?

Graham

Its funny, everybody I talk to about this one is stunned. Maybe the general outrage might be enough to get the project cancelled. We can live in hope.

Taksraven

Next, they'll be talking about remaking Alien and Aliens!

Graham

Ask and you shall receive. :p

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16328

Ridley Scott is supposed to be involved as producer, so I'm crossing my fingers that it won't totally suck. But, the director is Carl Rinsch who directs commercials and music videos. We all know how that usually turns out. Cough...Terminator Salvation...cough. I'm just shaking my head because this is one reboot we really do not need. The original still holds water to this day IMO. The last part says it's still in rumor phase at this point.

I have mixed feelings because I love the original yet I am thirsty for some good Alien/Aliens movies and the toys that go along with it.

Edited by sharky

ROFL, have you guys seen the trailers for the Sherlock Holmes action combat movie starring Robert Downey jr.? I hope that trailer was misrepresentative of the contents of the film but I don't think it will be, they were bouncing back and forth between Sherlock Holmes being goofy and aloof, to slow motion, big sound, clips of a bare chested, bare knuckle boxing match where he looked like a raging beast. Seriously, it looked like a spoof trailer, or at the end it was going to be titled "Action Holmes, He'll blow your mind, and kick your butt!"

Yeah he it looks like a Guy Ritchie film, which wouldn't be bad if it were not a Sherlock Holmes film. It doesn't seem like Guy Ritchie doesn't have another other style than his fast paced one.

ROFL, have you guys seen the trailers for the Sherlock Holmes action combat movie starring Robert Downey jr.? I hope that trailer was misrepresentative of the contents of the film but I don't think it will be, they were bouncing back and forth between Sherlock Holmes being goofy and aloof, to slow motion, big sound, clips of a bare chested, bare knuckle boxing match where he looked like a raging beast. Seriously, it looked like a spoof trailer, or at the end it was going to be titled "Action Holmes, He'll blow your mind, and kick your butt!"

Technically, that's not out-of-character...you rarely see him boxing in the stories, but he does tell Watson that he used to be a boxer, and does use those skills once or twice.

(And did you know that Watson was previously a soldier, serving in Afghantistan? Maybe they should throw that into the movie to give it something of a "modern twist." :rolleyes: )

I've read a couple of the novels by Doyle, and I know that Holmes isn't supposed to be a wallflower, quite to the contrary, but you'd have to see the trailer to understand where I'm coming from I guess. It doesn't feel at all like a Sherlock Holmes movie from the trailer to me, it looked like Simon & Simon go to England and learn to be ultimate fighters.

I've read a couple of the novels by Doyle, and I know that Holmes isn't supposed to be a wallflower, quite to the contrary, but you'd have to see the trailer to understand where I'm coming from I guess. It doesn't feel at all like a Sherlock Holmes movie from the trailer to me, it looked like Simon & Simon go to England and learn to be ultimate fighters.

Jeremy Brett was the best Holmes, EVER!!

Dunno about who was the best Watson though.

Taksraven

Oh, I'm sure it's incredibly lame...but I think it's kind of cool that they picked up on that detail. Everyone makes a big fuss about the cocaine use and the violin playing, no one ever talks about the pugilism or the monograph on different types of tobacco ash...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New Heavy Metal movie?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41330

Its official, if it wasn't already that Hollywood is completely out of fresh ideas or creative writers. If you've seen the 1st Heavy Metal or like me ready the old Comics, its Old school animation, Bad A$$ soundtrack, fun, weird and trippy with a classical horrible script, but it was fun for the time.

I just recently saw Heavy Metal 2000, ehhh, so-so at best. Another attempt at the franchise would have to be something truly jaw-dropping awesome!!

Started this thread over a year ago and we finally get some more info on the Red Dawn remake.....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14423/pec...red-dawn-remake

Taksraven

So we've switched out Russian & Cuban/S.American forces for Chinese & Russian Troops. Call me crazy, I always liked the original the way it was!! But I guess thats just me.

Avoid at all costs.

Graham

That good eh!!

I have the anime on DVD. I'll assume that it has gone the same way all live action Anime remakes go then.... Que flushing sound.....

Ghost Busters 3.... I'll just consider the 1st movie the only & original.

Yes to use the line from another film trilogy that should have only be a one film deal.

" There can only be one!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...
:ph34r: I'm shamed to remember the beginning of the Charlie's Angels remake, where they sarcastically included a video of TJ Hooker: The Movie.

Damn you McG, and your powers of prognostication!!1!

Yeah, well, you could name just about any retro series/film and there will be a remake of it in production or already made.

Taksraven