Space 2999?

Good accidental concept for a show there. Moonbase Alpha 1000 years on. 3 million Alphans!! Super-advanced Eagles!! Rock and Roll!!!!

Taksraven

The Excalibur remake feels most uncomfortable. Like repainting the Sistine Chapel.

I loved the "gritty" nature of Excalibur. People rolling around in pigshit and mud. Armour covered in blood. Certainly much better than that "First Knight" load of crap.

A remake would suck.

Taksraven

Good accidental concept for a show there. Moonbase Alpha 1000 years on. 3 million Alphans!! Super-advanced Eagles!! Rock and Roll!!!!

Taksraven

Just as long as they still had 1970's doos and flares :)

I remember hearing something about Logan's Run getting remade, is that true?

I think its still pretty much in the rumor/development hell stage, and I think i heard of Singers name attached to THAT as well.

Taksraven

Another day, some more remakes announced:

Rob Zombie doing "THE BLOB"......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15020/rob...aking-the-blob-

FOX planning a TV Series remake of "Heathers"....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15011/fox...ke-of-heathers-

Taksraven

Another day, some more remakes announced:

Rob Zombie doing "THE BLOB"......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15020/rob...aking-the-blob-

FOX planning a TV Series remake of "Heathers"....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15011/fox...ke-of-heathers-

Taksraven

I actually wouldn't mind a remake of The Blob - I have fond childhood memories of the '88 version with Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith...it was a good, turn your brain off, stuck in house with nothing else on TV kind of watch (at least for me).

-b.

I actually wouldn't mind a remake of The Blob - I have fond childhood memories of the '88 version with Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith...it was a good, turn your brain off, stuck in house with nothing else on TV kind of watch (at least for me).

-b.

I thought the '88 version was a rather innovative take on the story...until I saw George Romero's "The Crazies" and realized that they nabbed the whole Government Virus/Cover-Up plotline from there.

But a Rob Zombie version...? It could be good, it could be bad, but above all else I'm sure it will be incredibly gross.

I'd always though that was just his wing name, that everyone just used as he was used to it in an airmed forces sort of way. Al la Kara Thrace being called Starbuck by most every one most of the time.

I think that M Bay making an Airwolf remake would work since the script writing would be easy since all his films have Helicopter blowing shite up, plenty of Slooooooow mo fly past opertunities as well.

I was watching one of the Cyborgs 009 anime series it was the one with the alternate reality were the Cold war lasted over a hundred years, and the Eastern Block creeps sent a helicopter that was exactly like Air Wolf to destroy the Protaganist.

And keeping with the '80's classics, from what I've read (no, didn't save the source, sorry) Liam Neeson is supposedly set/in talks to play Hannibal in the A-Team movie that should be done somewhere next year, with some guy (nick)named Barricade (probably either a rapper or wrestler...) supposedly approached for the role of B.A. ...

I've got serious doubts about an A-Team movie guys...

And keeping with the '80's classics, from what I've read (no, didn't save the source, sorry) Liam Neeson is supposedly set/in talks to play Hannibal in the A-Team movie that should be done somewhere next year, with some guy (nick)named Barricade (probably either a rapper or wrestler...) supposedly approached for the role of B.A. ...

I've got serious doubts about an A-Team movie guys...

Well, there's almost no way it could be WORSE than the series...

(Now watch and wait as I have to eat those words later.)

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, agree with you there.

It's sad when people don't know anything about Heinlein's original "Starship Troopers" novel, since it pretty much started the whole "powered suit" thing in science fiction. This is Macross World, for crying out loud!

I think Verhoeven's film is an entertaining spoof of the novel, as well as an interesting mind-frak for American audiences ("WE are the Nazis...") Unfortunately, that pretty much went right over the heads of 99% of American viewers. I can understand why he hated the original novel -- the book IS an extreme right-wing, libertarian polemic. What is strange though is to have the movie be a _stealth_ spoof, posing as a straight adaptation. Heinlein was probably rolling in his grave...

There is definitely room for a more faithful remake, with the powered armor. They would unfortunately probably make it all CGI now, but with mo-cap it might still look good.

The seen with the guy griping about his fellow soldier setting off a nuke "too close" to him would be hillarious!!!

Final Countdown , but this time with the song from Europe in it!

Doing re-makes are really hard to do. Sometimes, its better to watch a spoof that pays homeage to it. The "Living Dead" remakes were painfull. Might as well have been watching "Attack fo th eKiller Tomatoes"....

I don't know. The 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead was interesting, at least, in that the set-up was the same but the story played out differently.

The remake of Dawn of the Dead was all right, and had a great soundtrack.

The Day of the Dead remake, though, was crap through and through. I'll agree with you there.

I don't know. The 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead was interesting, at least, in that the set-up was the same but the story played out differently.

The remake of Dawn of the Dead was all right, and had a great soundtrack.

The Day of the Dead remake, though, was crap through and through. I'll agree with you there.

I liked the 1990 remake of NOTLD too, it was a different take on the story

not to mention the zombies from that film were very realistic since tom savini

had worked with real corpses before.

and some of the other remakes werent bad, except day of the dead... could of done without that one

I liked the 1990 remake of NOTLD too, it was a different take on the story

not to mention the zombies from that film were very realistic since tom savini

had worked with real corpses before.

and some of the other remakes werent bad, except day of the dead... could of done without that one

I wouldn't be surprised if you and I were the only people in the world who saw the Day of the Dead remake... ^_^

I anxiously await for the anouncement of a Mr Belvadere or Perfect Strangers movie...

joking aside, I believe Rampage Jackson was cast as the part of BA for the A-Team.

That's what I've read as well.

There are also some rumors (not sure if it's been confirmed yet) that Liam Neeson is going to play Hannibal.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A-Team_(film)

Edited by Bowen

That's what I've read as well.

There are also some rumors (not sure if it's been confirmed yet) that Liam Neeson is going to play Hannibal.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A-Team_(film)

That could be good although throwing High calibre actors at a script doesnt always make a good box office hit..... Ehem!! Burn After Reading !!!!Cough!!! I want that part of my life back and the money I paid too.

That could be good although throwing High calibre actors at a script doesnt always make a good box office hit..... Ehem!! Burn After Reading !!!!Cough!!! I want that part of my life back and the money I paid too.

My biggest concern with a remake of a show like the A-Team isn't so much the script or the cast, but rather that the original show was absolutely shite and this fact alone dramatically increases the chances of the remake being shite.

Taksraven

My biggest concern with a remake of a show like the A-Team isn't so much the script or the cast, but rather that the original show was absolutely shite and this fact alone dramatically increases the chances of the remake being shite.

Taksraven

You dont know how much that show entertained infantrymen around the world. I cant remember a time where I wasnt in the field during an excecise and someone would bring up that group of bad guys in that Jeep getting blown up and out of thier ride in slow motion. Brings back the memories.........

You dont know how much that show entertained infantrymen around the world. I cant remember a time where I wasnt in the field during an excecise and someone would bring up that group of bad guys in that Jeep getting blown up and out of thier ride in slow motion. Brings back the memories.........

Oh, I'm not saying that nobody enjoyed it (I enjoy lots of crappy shows), but its hardly Shakespeare and I don't think that it has much in the way fo filmic qualities.

Taksraven