Correct, even though when he did kill the Predator in the end, I think it came down more to luck than skill or intelligence. ( I know it was using a trap he built in a way that it was not really intended, but still, he was lucky thats where he ended up after the thrashing the Predator gave him.)

Taksraven

not really, the whole point of predator (in my eye's) has been the superiority of brain over brawn. the predator is shown as being ridiculously powerful with poo-tons of weapons, but ultimately he's an idiot who get's beaten by the intellectually superior human once said human realizes that he can't out muscle or out gun the predator.

that's the first predator movies anyway. AVP is just "lets put aliens and predators in a room and start disemboweling things."

No, no...I can see how they could do it. You spend two hours getting to know the commandos...their dreams, their fears, the women they left behind, stuff like that. Then the team of Predators moves in and you get three minutes of commandos being eviscerated. The end.

what if, instead of grizzled old veterans, they were all young, fresh out of the academy. And all male is boring, have at least one squad member be a hot female lead (it will help if it's obvious that she's never seen a gun before, much less fired one). And the commander is in love with her but is unsure about all the killing. He would like to retire to mexico and fix cars or something. And one of them is a scientist, not even a commando and he hates war too so he's always trying to get them to not kill the predator.

And the predator isn't an alien, it's an angry indigenous person trying to save the rainforest from evil american imperialism. Because the commandos are going to blow up his home village to make way for an oil pipeline and he needs to race home to cure his sick wife with a special flower that grows in the amazon and the wife also just gave birth. And they're trapped in a pit and it's raining. Raining poisonous frogs. genetically engineered poisonous frogs.

And the climax is fought in a big cave, where the Predator (it's his title given to him by the wise and blind village elder) smears mud on himself to disguise himself from the commando's night vision technology (technology bad, traditional good) and he uses the venom from giant spiders (that he fought and killed in act II) to defeat the commandos. But at the end, the commandos are actually winning, when commander and hot commando have a crisis of faith and turn on their comrades (evil) and save the predator.

The film can end with the predator saving his sick wife and new born baby, (with the wife being hawt now) she holds the baby while he holds her and she looks up and smiles and they both look up into the blue sky and then we pan down from the blue sky to a beach house in mexico, a trendy CW band playing on a radio, commander is now AWOL and fixing cars (yes, on the beach) then some beautiful legs appear in front of the camera walking towards commander, shot of beautiful swaying ass, oh look, it's the hot commando she ran away with him!

the end.

what if, instead of grizzled old veterans, they were all young, fresh out of the academy. And all male is boring, have at least one squad member be a hot female lead (it will help if it's obvious that she's never seen a gun before, much less fired one). And the commander is in love with her but is unsure about all the killing. He would like to retire to mexico and fix cars or something. And one of them is a scientist, not even a commando and he hates war too so he's always trying to get them to not kill the predator.

And the predator isn't an alien, it's an angry indigenous person trying to save the rainforest from evil american imperialism. Because the commandos are going to blow up his home village to make way for an oil pipeline and he needs to race home to cure his sick wife with a special flower that grows in the amazon and the wife also just gave birth. And they're trapped in a pit and it's raining. Raining poisonous frogs. genetically engineered poisonous frogs.

And the climax is fought in a big cave, where the Predator (it's his title given to him by the wise and blind village elder) smears mud on himself to disguise himself from the commando's night vision technology (technology bad, traditional good) and he uses the venom from giant spiders (that he fought and killed in act II) to defeat the commandos. But at the end, the commandos are actually winning, when commander and hot commando have a crisis of faith and turn on their comrades (evil) and save the predator.

The film can end with the predator saving his sick wife and new born baby, (with the wife being hawt now) she holds the baby while he holds her and she looks up and smiles and they both look up into the blue sky and then we pan down from the blue sky to a beach house in mexico, a trendy CW band playing on a radio, commander is now AWOL and fixing cars (yes, on the beach) then some beautiful legs appear in front of the camera walking towards commander, shot of beautiful swaying ass, oh look, it's the hot commando she ran away with him!

the end.

If you don't work as a scriptwriter in Hollywood you should, and what would really excite the studio execs is that your story idea could easily be adapted to fit a lot of other franchises.

Did you do the script for The Avengers movie? ;)

Taksraven

I would dispute the claim that The Black Hole is a just-for-kids film. Especially with the fate that Anthony Perkins character meets.

Taksraven

Did you realise that this film is 30 years old in a few weeks time.

It is one of my all time favorirte films and it along with G-Force and Dr Who got me into Scifi in the 70's. I still remember quing for it. All the kids at school were jelous because I had seen it and they haddnt.

Still the book is way better and would if done more closely to the book could make an O.k more adult biased film remake.

Did you realise that this film is 30 years old in a few weeks time.

It is one of my all time favorirte films and it along with G-Force and Dr Who got me into Scifi in the 70's. I still remember quing for it. All the kids at school were jelous because I had seen it and they haddnt.

Still the book is way better and would if done more closely to the book could make an O.k more adult biased film remake.

I didn't mind the book (by Alan Dean Foster if I recall, the master of novelisations), but the ending was even closer to 2001 as far as I was concerned. The movie ending was good.

Taksraven

So when is the Robocop remake going to be out? The way I see it, if the new one sucks, it will make the original even better.

I don't think that a date has been set, if it ever gets made.

Taksraven

Speaking of The Black Hole, any more news on what's to come from the cocktease trailer that was Tr2n?

About eight years ago, I was talking to someone who was working on Tron 2 at Disney...she said the nickname for the project was the "New Tron Bomb."

Things may have changed in the meantime, but I kind of doubt it.

OH, FOR. THE. LOVE. OF. GOD!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4UMhOYIPqU

When does the hurting stop? :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXPozd-kuc

Do any of these lazy f**king wankstains in Hollywood even bother to come up with their own stuff any more?

The trek one is old news. Dunno about Land of the Lost. It could be interesting, since the original series was such a low budget affair. I'm not going to judge it yet.

Taksraven

Took quite a bit of effort typing this....eyes still feel like theyre bleeding.....

For anyone who thinks this might be a good idea.....NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....

THE HORROR.

THE HORROR.

Gad, that reminds me of the "action sequences" on Fantasy Bedtime Hour.

The thing is...I'm 100% sure that the Fantasy Bedtime Hour segments were a joke, and I'm only 50% sure that this Thundercats monstrosity is...

Oh I'm sure that Thundercats clip is strictly fan-made fare. But it ought to answer any and all questions as to whether it's a franchise that can be transitioned to live-action. That's just PAINFUL! And not in a tongue-in-cheek, light-hearted-B-movie-fan-watching-masochism sort of way...

I watched that during the game today... I died a little bit on the inside when I realized what it was.

Yes, in retrospect: the original show was pretty awful. But it does have a sentimental spot. Stop messin' with our childhoods, man!

They seem to be Lampooning the old show, which lends it an air of casual disrespect for the original material that's so pervasive in Hollywood with all these "remakes." <_<

Edited by reddsun1

Yes, in retrospect: the original show was pretty awful. But it does have a sentimental spot. Stop messin' with our childhoods, man!

They seem to be Lampooning the old show, which lends it an air of casual disrespect for the original material that's so pervasive in Hollywood with all these "remakes." <_<

of course the original show was awful, it was a stupid campy mess, but it was a stupid campy mess that was fun to watch. it was fun in it's day and it's fun to look back and laugh. It doesn't need to be revisited or updated.

by the way, Mad Max was an AWESOME movie. (and it's still the best role Mel Gibson ever played)

by the way, Mad Max was an AWESOME movie. (and it's still the best role Mel Gibson ever played)

Mad Max and Mad Max II, two of the best Australian movies EVER!. If they ever do another sequel or a remake I will get annoyed.

Taksraven

I didn't mind the book (by Alan Dean Foster if I recall, the master of novelisations), but the ending was even closer to 2001 as far as I was concerned. The movie ending was good.

Taksraven

Yeah a bit too arty farty.

I would have prefered they were squashed into iddy biddy tiny tiny people or they were just spat out of a whitehole half way across the universe un-scathed, to carry on looking for life or going home.

Tron 2 Why ?

Just so they can make a CGI fest I supose.

Edited by big F

IIRC, on the Tron DVD set they mentioned that a theatrical sequel was always on the books, but they had a hard time getting money and people involved.

That's still one of the most packed full of extra's disc's I have. Hopefully they'll port everything over if/when it goes bluray.