Yay! Kill Bill 3 coming at us in 2014 apparently, my wife read it on a russian news site, Quinton had an interview with an italian interviewer or something, but damn happy days for me. Uma wants a few years to get into shape maybe that's why the late date, also mentioned something about Bill probably won't be in it (duh but interesting), so i'll call it like a thought since no.2 Kill Bill 3 will all be about her going up against the now fully blind but still dangerous Elle and the deceased Copperhead's daughter either trained up by Elle or the seemingly dead Bill eh? Too bad Bill is "really dead". I wonder if BB will be bad ass?

http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-01-tarantin...lks-kill-bill-3 found a link.

Yes i want this movie made, despite the negative feeling of this thread intended, and i guess it's sorely a remake interest thread, just didn't want to create a new thread about my beloved KIll Bill fandom. :D someone else can!

I remember hearing about this a few years back.

Wasn't it gonna be a whole "cycle of revenge" kinda thing?

I think the general reason given for waiting a few years is to allow the actors from the first two volumes to age a bit. Makes sense given the fact that BB and Vernita Green's daughter have some growing up to do before they can challenge the old guard.

Tarantino better up his game for this one though. Basterds was okay, but his signature directing style is starting to get a bit stale and overdone.

I heard a rumor that Tim burton wants to remake "The Labyrinth"

ah Depp as Jareth? I don't see it.... :wacko:

rumor or not, that one should be left alone.

Yeah. Bad idea. The original wasn't perfect, but I doubt Tim Burton could improve it

But speaking of Labyrinth, my friend Sarah once told me that she loves that movie solely because it let her know what it sounded like when David Bowie shouted her name. ^_^

Remake news has been quiet for a while, so here is a new one we can expect to see. A remake of the George Romero classic, starring Australia's own borefest, Radha Mitchell, I give you.....

The Crazies.....

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news09/090112i.php

Taksraven

Saw the trailer for this yesterday while at the movies...also posted on Apple;

Apple Movie Trailers - The Crazies HD or SD

Didn't look too bad, but then I do have a soft spot for B movies that get an upgraded wide-release treatment.

-b.

Saw the trailer for this yesterday while at the movies...also posted on Apple;

Apple Movie Trailers - The Crazies HD or SD

Didn't look too bad, but then I do have a soft spot for B movies that get an upgraded wide-release treatment.

-b.

Hmmm...I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The Crazies has already been cannibalized by TONS of other horror movies (most strangely, in the '88 remake of The Blob).

I dunno. I'd like to get outraged OR enthusiastic, about this, but I find I just don't care anymore...remake weariness, I guess.

Hmmm...I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The Crazies has already been cannibalized by TONS of other horror movies (most strangely, in the '88 remake of The Blob).

I dunno. I'd like to get outraged OR enthusiastic, about this, but I find I just don't care anymore...remake weariness, I guess.

Ya'know I never saw the original George A. Romero version but I enjoyed the '88 Blob and from the trailer I could really see comparisons with any number of movies and the *insert* evil government, evil alien, mad scientist bio-engineered virus/weapon/plague *insert* plot device that's been done a thousand times over.

I wonder if the Rob Zombie remake of the remake of the Blob (or is it a another remake of the original :wacko: ) will be similar to this remake of The Crazies...lol

True this screams B movie with upgraded treatment but IMO with all the stress of real life there's nothing better than a turn-your-brain-off for 90-120 minutes flick with monsters, guns, gore and special effects.

-b.

Ya'know I never saw the original George A. Romero version but I enjoyed the '88 Blob and from the trailer I could really see comparisons with any number of movies and the *insert* evil government, evil alien, mad scientist bio-engineered virus/weapon/plague *insert* plot device that's been done a thousand times over.

I wonder if the Rob Zombie remake of the remake of the Blob (or is it a another remake of the original :wacko: ) will be similar to this remake of The Crazies...lol

True this screams B movie with upgraded treatment but IMO with all the stress of real life there's nothing better than a turn-your-brain-off for 90-120 minutes flick with monsters, guns, gore and special effects.

-b.

Well...this is probably more detailed than you want, but the '58 Blob was an alien. Came down, ate the town, police couldn't stop it, but the teenagers could. All the stuff in the '88 version about the Blob being a mutated biological weapon, and the military coming in and securing the town...THAT'S from The Crazies.

The original Crazies was great because you couldn't tell who was infected and who wasn't. Anyone who came at you with an ax, though, probably had the virus. The rather subversive part of the story, though, is the army comes in and starts shooting EVERYBODY. So, in response, everybody, infected or not, starts rising up and attacking the army, so...who's infected? Who isn't? We never really find out in a lot of cases, which makes it interesting in that George-Romero-Social-Commentary sort of way.

If they can replicate that in the remake, it'll probably be could. If they can't, it'll be another empty exercise in remakes.

Well...this is probably more detailed than you want, but the '58 Blob was an alien. Came down, ate the town, police couldn't stop it, but the teenagers could. All the stuff in the '88 version about the Blob being a mutated biological weapon, and the military coming in and securing the town...THAT'S from The Crazies.

The original Crazies was great because you couldn't tell who was infected and who wasn't. Anyone who came at you with an ax, though, probably had the virus. The rather subversive part of the story, though, is the army comes in and starts shooting EVERYBODY. So, in response, everybody, infected or not, starts rising up and attacking the army, so...who's infected? Who isn't? We never really find out in a lot of cases, which makes it interesting in that George-Romero-Social-Commentary sort of way.

If they can replicate that in the remake, it'll probably be could. If they can't, it'll be another empty exercise in remakes.

Thx - more detail is good as I've never seen the original version of either.

Most, if not all of Romero's films had some type of social commentary or underlying message (especially the "Dead" films) so I'm not surprised to hear about that aspect of the original. Unfortunately based on the trailer this would seem to be that empty exercise you referenced (unless of course they change the message). Still looking forward to my B movie fix, just not expecting anything other then what the trailer implies.

Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street - Jackie Earle Haley (aka Rorschach) adds some credibility to the film, or at least makes it passable. Well that and Katie Cassidy is is kinda hot.

-b.

• 1 month later...

News on a remake mentioned before here. Classic Gerry Anderson series UFO to get remake......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15757/jos...-remake-of-ufo-

I'm not saying that the original was perfect, but I wish that some things would really be left alone!!!!

Taksraven

Speaking of things that should've been left alone (and your avatar), did anyone see the Prisoner remake? The LA Times review said that it was quite dull.

Was the Prisoner remake broadcast? If it was I must have missed it. I'll check now, thanks. Even if it is dull, I still want to see it so I can criticise it.

Taksraven

Was the Prisoner remake broadcast? If it was I must have missed it. I'll check now, thanks. Even if it is dull, I still want to see it so I can criticise it.

Taksraven

Well...It was broadcast here in the States a week and a half ago (so assume Episode 2 was earlier this week).

The LA Times review said that Ian McKellan was clearly having fun with his role, but that he seemed to be the only one who was. :mellow:

News on a remake mentioned before here. Classic Gerry Anderson series UFO to get remake......

I'm not saying that the original was perfect, but I wish that some things would really be left alone!!!!

Taksraven

Are you kidding me!! A guy who I only recognize from Dawson's Creek get's to do UFO???!!!!

What's wrong with the industry??

Wholeheartedly agree with you. Some things should be left alone.

Hmm...maybe I'll catch it if they rerun it, then.

I think it kind of suffers from "Lost syndrome," if the show doesn't have to make sense then you can put anything in.

Plus, the actor playing the main dude has plenty of melodramatic scenes where he curses his fate to dramatic shots/music.

It's probably not as good as the old show, it's also probably not the best show on TV, but it definitely has some moments imo.

Besides, everyone loves rovers, right? :)

Edited by Max Jenius

Taksraven

How much longer then until a remake of Anderson's other classic, Space: 1999 is commissioned? A lot of what went into Space: 1999 was originally intended to go into UFO, and I remember seeing something on the Fanderson website one time about UFO's timeline falling in with 1999's and actually being canon.

How much longer then until a remake of Anderson's other classic, Space: 1999 is commissioned? A lot of what went into Space: 1999 was originally intended to go into UFO, and I remember seeing something on the Fanderson website one time about UFO's timeline falling in with 1999's and actually being canon.

I loved Space: 1999. It was a real classic.

It would seem like it was only a matter of time until a Space:1999 remake is commissioned, but I think that the one thing that might stop it from being made is the fact that it would be very tough to do on a low budget. It seems to me that budget restrictions are really hurting a lot of SF TV productions these days.

BSG only managed to look expensive by having a heap of episodes where the action was confined to inside ships, etc and then having some showpiece episodes with space battles. Flash Gordon did away with spaceships and had people travelling between planets due to cheap sfx "portals". V seems to be saving a lot of money so far by having limited action, a lot of crappy drama and dialogue and limited sfx based on the Visitors, and I think that a UFO remake would probably be viable if it wasn't so much space and atmosphere battles with the aliens, but rather a lot more sort of cloak and dagger and espionage action.

Space:1999, essentially totally set on the moon, would be unable to avoid a lot of budget restrictions, you would think. Time will tell if they ever get around to it.

Taksraven

I loved Space: 1999. It was a real classic.

Season 1, yes. Season 2, no. But definitely underrated. I think a lot of the bad press the show received was from disgruntled Trek fans who always saw it as a rip-off.

Taksraven

It would seem like it was only a matter of time until a Space:1999 remake is commissioned, but I think that the one thing that might stop it from being made is the fact that it would be very tough to do on a low budget. It seems to me that budget restrictions are really hurting a lot of SF TV productions these days.

BSG only managed to look expensive by having a heap of episodes where the action was confined to inside ships, etc and then having some showpiece episodes with space battles. Flash Gordon did away with spaceships and had people travelling between planets due to cheap sfx "portals". V seems to be saving a lot of money so far by having limited action, a lot of crappy drama and dialogue and limited sfx based on the Visitors, and I think that a UFO remake would probably be viable if it wasn't so much space and atmosphere battles with the aliens, but rather a lot more sort of cloak and dagger and espionage action.

Space:1999, essentially totally set on the moon, would be unable to avoid a lot of budget restrictions, you would think. Time will tell if they ever get around to it.

Taksraven

Set on the moon that was literally blown in half.