Transformers Super Thread 7

Personally I can't stand Classics Galvatron. The chest and head are great - but the rest is just... not Galvatron.

They took too many liberties with him.

A shame since making a simple transforming space cannon would have been SO EASY!! AARRGGHH! :)

VFTF1

Personally I can't stand Classics Galvatron. The chest and head are great - but the rest is just... not Galvatron.

A shame since making a simple transforming space cannon would have been SO EASY!! AARRGGHH! :)

VFTF1

I have stated that I like him alot (even being as small as he is) but you make an excellent point about how much easier it would have been to make him a space cannon. I guess they just though kids would not buy into a cannon....but a tank....ssuuuuurrrrreee. <_<

:ph34r:

VFTF1

I'm right there with ya. It's not even a maybe for me, I just downright hate how he looks in both modes. Tank mode looks like a chunk of grey plastic, bot mode looks like a Bayformer throwaway with Galvatrons head, chest and lower legs slapped on at the last minute. I also don't like how his arms and hands look like they're from two different transformers. Add to that the dozens of reports of loose joints and leprosy and yeah...no thanks. I'm glad a lot of Galvatron fans like him though so at least it wasn't a total waste for Hasbro. One thing that intrigues me about him is I keep hearing that he has a set of extra mystery feet and a mysterious hook on one arm. I saw one fan configuration where they transformed him like a 4-legged animal. Is there possibly an unmentioned 'space cannon' mode he can be put into?

Energon Galvatron is good enough for me, and I really doubt either Hasbro (or Tomy) could ever come up with a G1 Galvatron-based deco that looks that good ever again.

I love that deco, but I hate how over-sized that mold is as it ends up accentuating how simple it is. At the Super class, he's just too large. The TakaraTomy/ToysRus Ultra scale version of that mold is the perfect size for that design. Bigger than a deluxe, better in scale with other figures, and it still has the electronics. Unfortunately the TakaraTomy version of E.Galvatron looks like complete crap. It's like they purposefully took the awesome Hasbro Energon Galvatron deco and set out to make it look like a cheap knock off. Yes, it's that awful. Given how they're recoloring molds from other lines for Universe, now's the perfect time for Target or ToysRus to do the Ultra scale Megatron mold in Energon Galvatron colors as an exclusive. Call it Space Galvatron or some such.

What I really wish is that Titaniums would have continued for another couple of waves as I think they would have done the simple space cannon we all wanted. The molds were getting better at that point, and Titaniums being the collector's line it was, it was able to be more slavish to the toon models than the normal lines could.

As for the Universe Classics deluxe Galvatron, yes he does have legs and feet that you can pull out from the rear treads to angle the back of the tank as you like. I HATE the orange on these little legs, btw. You can also do a four legged mode. Neither look all that good, imo. I've been trying to find a space cannon mode, but it's just too tankish overall to pull it off. This is the closest I could get.

CIMG1339a.jpg

CIMG1347.jpg

CIMG1342.jpg

Picked up the legacy of Bumblebee Wal-Mart exclusive, it's a nice piece to keep MIB.

But beware of extremely lousy paint applications (worse than Classics Prowl!!), especially on the Classic Bumblebee if you decide to buy it!!

Bought Wal-Mart TF Movie exclusive Fracture today ... cool repaint of Classics Mirage - but again, krappy paint QC.

FYI: TF Deluxes at Wal-mart are currently $7.77, a decent price.

I guess that is only in your local store right?

Found the new wave of Activators today but only picked up Prime. He's alright, but has some issues. Bot mode looks cool, like a scaled down Voyager Prime, but the peg holding his feet together for alt mode is far too large and long and flat and gets in the way so bad that his legs have to be spread or locked together to stand. Other than that bot mode is awesome. Alt mode is truly terrible looking, but even worse than it's aesthetics is the fact that it's extremely fiddly getting him into that mode and not at all intuitive. It's an exercise in over-design with weird pegs. I'm guessing a lot of little kids will be very frustrated with this guy. So yeah, it's no fun to transform and it looks bad when you get it there, so there's little reason to transform him.

I guess that is only in your local store right?

I dunno about Texas, but it looks like Northern Cali also has em for $7.77.

Yeah, Fracture's paint job can get horribly shoddy. It took me a while to find one which was halfway decent. The Walmarts around here have been inundated with all shipments of all kinds of TFs including the exclusives-but still no Animated Wave 4 or Ultra Magnus.

found PowerGlide today at the local wally's.

He actually ain't all that bad.

Ugly bot-mode, but still not that bad:

powerglide002gy9.th.jpg powerglide003fr9.th.jpg

his plane-mode was pretty good, tho his Gatling messes up his front ground-clearance:

powerglide005zt8.th.jpg powerglide006ft7.th.jpg

alongside Classics Skyfire:

powerglide007sw6.th.jpg powerglide001mt4.th.jpg

His gimmick of electronic lights and sounds (including the classic Transformers sound effect) was ok enough.

Oh, btw, the Transforming-sound effect is not activated by that obvious orange-button. It is triggered by another button somewhere. :lol:

Edited by treatment

Modded my Blitzwing by sweeping the wings all the way forward, in turn breaking the soft plastic stoppers. Honestly there is no reason for those things to be there! Now Blitzwing can sweep wings all the way forward like on the F-14 Tomcat!

Now that is cool! I will have to try this when I get home.

yeah seems that Deluxe are mark at 7.77 in all Walmarts, went to check today.

I am really hoping they make a trailer for Voyager Animated Prime. he is shown with one sometimes in the cartoon.

yeah seems that Deluxe are mark at 7.77 in all Walmarts, went to check today.

I am really hoping they make a trailer for Voyager Animated Prime. he is shown with one sometimes in the cartoon.

His, ummm, axe becomes the back half of the fire truck.

It makes about as good a firetruck as it does an axe.

It makes about as good a firetruck as it does an axe.

:o ...No you DIDN'T!?!.....

:lol: .......unfortunately you are sooooooooo right. I was sitting here watching an episode of TFA and all of a sudden here comes good ol OP "rollin out" with what?!?....the back 2/3s of a fire truck.....I was like "WTF :blink: ....they better come out with that as a figure" but did they?!? Nooooooooooo........ <_<

Are they fighting over a Magic deck?

Good to see you're making the best of a bad axe with that turret.

I need to redo my Prime and photograph him. I have my own theories about the axe.

it is not a deck, just cards that were laying there... i have them all over my room.

I am not that happy with the ax but i am not interested in buying the battle damage optimus vs megatron to get the more cartoon correct ax.

It was just a quick photo, I like the pose i put Megatron but not like the arm position of Prime, the shoulder articulation is very limited when the figure is holding the ax with both hands.

I am not that happy with the ax but i am not interested in buying the battle damage optimus vs megatron to get the more cartoon correct ax.

Same here. I'm not a fan of battle-damage figures for the most part, and I really only wanted Megatron out of that box anyways.

Of course, I have MY Earth Prime transformed into a Reguld right now, so... moot point.