Transformers Super Thread 7

Hi Guys,

A little OT here, sorry for the Mods, but do you have any idea where can we get replacement parts " IF ANY " for the Binaltechs line? my BT-20 Jazz Meister lost its Gun, forgot to secure it during my overseas trip, so my nephew was playing with it, no damage done, except for the lost gun.

Informations highly appreciated, thanks!

You should ask TakaraTomy or ask a Japanese-speaking friend to do it for you (especially as Tomy released Argent Meister recently). From what I heard TakTom are good at replacing parts, even for foreigners. At least I hope so, because.....

I got Henkei Thundercracker today and it has a widespread QC issue - the missile launchers cannot fit into his arms. The holes are too big. There have also been reports from Japan, general asia and from western fans of both Thundercrackers and Skywarps with two left or two right thighs, so one ends up backwards. Generally joints are looser.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Just got Silverbolt. I didn't see any online pics of the toy before I got it and looked at the difficulty level of the transformation. Level 3 out of 4. I thought interesting. I liked the Silverbolt toy, and plus the Aerialbots were my favourite group. Got it tonight, and my god, the person must have thought that the rating was due to the size of the bloody toy, rather than the difficulty. This toy should be rated at 0.5.

Luckily, the toy itself is great. My only gripes are the gaps when transforming the hands and also the feet. Don't like gaping holes. Rather have them hidden.

You should ask TakaraTomy or ask a Japanese-speaking friend to do it for you (especially as Tomy released Argent Meister recently). From what I heard TakTom are good at replacing parts, even for foreigners. At least I hope so, because.....

I got Henkei Thundercracker today and it has a widespread QC issue - the missile launchers cannot fit into his arms. The holes are too big. There have also been reports from Japan, general asia and from western fans of both Thundercrackers and Skywarps with two left or two right thighs, so one ends up backwards. Generally joints are looser.

Ah ok thanks for the info. but do you know takaratomy's website? ( English, as I dont have a Japanese Speaking Friend unfortunately )

sorry to hear re the qc of your thundercracker....

Edited by Alain

I don't think it fits Prime at all. This is likely how it went down: They did a small-size Binaltech-type toy with elements of Movie style transformation and detailing. They made him Convoy because Convoy happens to be the most popular TF character in Japan. Hell, in Japan, the other characters in Transformers might as well not exist because it's all about Convoy over there.

Ah ok thanks for the info. but do you know takaratomy's website? ( English, as I dont have a Japanese Speaking Friend unfortunately )
Oh, then you're hosed. Apparently TakaraTomy's customer service deals exclusively in Japanese.

Customer support page

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/support/index02.html

Their online support form is here:

https://my.tomy.co.jp/confidential/takarato...upport/form.htm

If you get really desperate, I dunno, buy an Alternators Meister or Shockblast. Both were reissued to shelfwarm when Hasbro changed the Alternators packaging back in 2005.

Just got Silverbolt. I didn't see any online pics of the toy before I got it and looked at the difficulty level of the transformation. Level 3 out of 4. I thought interesting. I liked the Silverbolt toy, and plus the Aerialbots were my favourite group. Got it tonight, and my god, the person must have thought that the rating was due to the size of the bloody toy, rather than the difficulty. This toy should be rated at 0.5.

Luckily, the toy itself is great. My only gripes are the gaps when transforming the hands and also the feet. Don't like gaping holes. Rather have them hidden.

I love Silverbolt too. He's much better in person than in photos, and because he's simple, he's a very solid design.

Yeah, Hasbro bases the 'skill level' thing on the size of the toy, not the difficulty. I think even TakaraTomy does this now.

I don't think it fits Prime at all. This is likely how it went down: They did a small-size Binaltech-type toy with elements of Movie style transformation and detailing. They made him Convoy because Convoy happens to be the most popular TF character in Japan. Hell, in Japan, the other characters in Transformers might as well not exist because it's all about Convoy over there.

This assessment is probably dead on IMO.

:ph34r:

sorry to hear re the qc of your thundercracker....

You could try contacting HLJ.com here and follow the appropriate instructions. Yes, Takara are known for their level of customer care.

I had a finger snap off Music Label Soundwave a while ago and they were able to get me a replacement part. If you can you should attach a pic or two of the pieces you are after in your email so there is no confusion as to what you are after. I scanned the parts list from ML Soundwave and circled the part I wanted cos there were various hands that came with it.

HLJ will charge a buck or two for the service (weather you ordered from them or not) but their smallest shipping box might be a bit expensive considering the size of the part. Depends what it's worth to you.

If that fails PM me and I will try to organise a spare for you, but it will be shipping from Australia.

Well, that's the thing, the GT-R doesn't fit "Prime" but it does fit "Convoy". Having Convoy as a title, instead of a name really opened up the character to more varied interpretations and I'm glad to see that the american version of transformers is following that lead.

I'm getting one, it's a fantastic sculpt, imo.

To be mildly more useful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkiJafyonwM is the combination in question.

Wow. Awesome link and I agree, this is totally what Jetfire & Jetstorm are trying to be ... thanks.

And I think their combined jet modes are frakking S---. Seriously, WTF Hasbro toy designers??? That "combination" is PATHETIC.

Edited by Vermillion21

Wow. Awesome link and I agree, this is totally what Jetfire & Jetstorm are trying to be ... thanks.

And I think their combined jet modes are frakking S---. Seriously, WTF Hasbro toy designers??? That "combination" is PATHETIC.

Yeah. The jet combination is very "huh?"

I'm really not sure WHAT to think on the robot modes. Does the combiner use feet for hands?

So, have you guys seen the new Universe mold pics in the Club magazine?

This assessment is probably dead on IMO.

:ph34r:

Let's not forgot how Alternators Prime was created: Takara demanded it be a Convoy so they could flog it in Japan. Then they folded the Binaltech line.

Well, that's the thing, the GT-R doesn't fit "Prime" but it does fit "Convoy". Having Convoy as a title, instead of a name really opened up the character to more varied interpretations and I'm glad to see that the american version of transformers is following that lead.

I'm getting one, it's a fantastic sculpt, imo.

I think going in that direction without character is doing what fans hate TF doing: assigning random alternate modes to classic characters. I'm betting this is G1 Convoy, like the Nike Free Convoy and that iPod Convoy were. Just crazy marketing with a licensed brand name/design that turns into some kind of robot that they decide to call Convoy. I don't believe this is a case of creating an new Convoy character, but just packaging a new toy as Convoy, that that treats the character as a brand name far more than Hasbro's continual reusing of Optimus Prime across various series and continuities.

Anybody remember Robotmasters? Even the only G1 Megatron figure in there was him wearing a Convoy disguise.

So, have you guys seen the new Universe mold pics in the Club magazine?

No. Waiting for someone to post pics ....

:rolleyes:

Found TF Universe Wave 3 today at Wal-Mart for $7.77 each - sweet. ^_^

Picked up Ironhide, Silverstreak (watch out for lousy paint QC), & Sideswipe - they look cool.

Ok, they FINALLY do a proper Dinobot mold, but then don't deco him right. What's with all the black? GRRR! His face looks purple in that picture too! PURPLE! I'll cross my fingers and hope that's the flash, but it looks like there's purple elsewhere too. PURPLE!?!?! That said, it does get some big points. First for the rib cage on the chest. The legs look mistransformed. I see bone cages on the inside there that should probably be facing outside. Second it looks like a better Dinobot in robot and alt mode than we've ever gotten before.

Also, WHEELIE! My G1 Movie display welcomes him with open arms! Maybe I'll sit him on Grimlock's head? I do wonder if it's a bit mistransformed as he does look a little too stretched there. The G1 Legends figures are really turning out to be seriously cool. I didn't think they'd do them this well.

It's nice to see some characters, like Wheelie, Cosmos, and Beachcomber getting Legends toys, since I doubt I'd shell out for a Deluxe on them. But I can't help but long for a Deluxe Jazz and a Deluxe Warpath.

The Legends figues so far, are pretty cool. I still can't wait to find Brawn. Interesting to see that Wheelie finally got an alt mode. Not too sure about Warpath being a quad tank, though.

Is it me, or does Hot Rod look like a cross of Armada Hotshot's repaint vehicle mode, and Alternators Hot Rod's robot mode?

Hotshot looks awesome. The original toy sucks, this is a wonderful update. I hope Armada Starscream, Prime, and Megatron are not too far behind. Those characters had great designs, but inadequate toys for collectors, mainly due to lack of articulation. I hope Dinobot has his sword, at least, and that dino eye looks bad, a velociraptor should not have a "HUH?!!!" expression on his face.

If Warpath has knee joints, I am buying him! Fully articulated tiny bot toys FTW. Now that's a damn good legends figure.

The more I look at Dinobot, the legs are definitely mistransformed. There's clearly parts there to allow the "bone cage" to swing out, and I assume, wrap around the leg.

Edit: Thinking about it further, it looks like that "dino thigh" becomes the back of the "bot calf". It looks like it's suppose to swing behind the leg, and then the "bone cage" opens up and then clips to the front of the leg so it's visible, just like in the cgi toon. It also looks like the feet are backwards in bot mode. Not that there's any transformation involved, it just looks like the back of the dino foot is meant to be the front of the bot foot.

Edited by Alpha OTS

The tan really makes no sense... I'm gonna have to spend some time now repainting all the tan/white with dark silver to match the original toy... and I have no idea how Nightstick ended up not black other than having to share a mold... it really is a mystery. The butt-hurtness on TFW is really quite something as well.

I am totally psyched for all the new miniobot Legends figs.... Warpath's alt-mode looks pretty half-assed, but as a whole the group is awesome. I am so excited for Brawn it's not fair... maybe someone'll put the new Legends Brawn on a keychain, and I can upgrade :lol:

I finally got my Reprolabels for some of my JP stuff... all stickered up, I have to say, Sonic Bomber is one of my favorite TF figures. The RL set for Dai Atlas is a bit of a let-down, because the original Dai Atlas stickers fit the toy so horribly, and RL didn't fix any of it (obviously).

Edited by promethuem5