Transformers Super Thread 7

Does yours have the sides of the windscreen painted? I hate that about the paint apps!

I've managed to get two of them (one's destined to be repainted as Thundercracker). Both are in good shape... tight joints, both feet, null rays fit snugly. But yeah, both of them have paint on the windscreen.

how more confirmed is this rumor of MP Grimlock compared to when it was first rumored last year?

BBTS confirmed it here: http://tformers.com/transformers-bigbadtoy...10319/news.html

I'm probably one of the few who is a bit meh on the news. My WST Grimlock's enough Grimlock for me.

Great news, happy to finally get confirmation of pending release. Now than, considering the price point, as long as his height is somewhat in line with MP Prime and even MP Megs i won't hesitate to pick him up, if his proportions are more in line with MP seekers however, i'll have to take a second look.

Edited by Veritas

From TFW2005:

BBTS has just put up a preorder for "Shadow Commander" the previously shown black repaint of the "City Commander" armor. This confirms rumors that this set will be available to the public!

Preorder: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Still on the fence about this one myself, but if any of you are interested you might want to act on that impulse since the production run is reportedly only 1/2 of what it is for the City Commander (Ultra Magnus) armor.

Edited by Veritas

From TFW2005:

BBTS has just put up a preorder for "Shadow Commander" the previously shown black repaint of the "City Commander" armor. This confirms rumors that this set will be available to the public!

Preorder: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Still on the fence about this one myself, but if any of you are interested you might want to act on that impulse since the production run is reportedly only 1/2 of what it is for the City Commander (Ultra Magnus) armor.

'

Holy crap that looks bad a**!! So the City Commander thing is also a fan project? Nice work....hats off to fansproject. I want one now...but guess that's impossible.

I'm kind of meh about Grimlock too. He's one of the technically EASY TFs to do, so not really a big deal to get an MP version engineered - not as much as engineering Megatron or Starscream was...

This of course makes me wonder who will be next in line...

Pete

Holy crap that looks bad a**!! So the City Commander thing is also a fan project? Nice work....hats off to fansproject. I want one now...but guess that's impossible.

Try LOS of Lost and Found Toys, I think they might have some sets in stock ...

Edited by Vermillion21

the important question is, will MP Grimlock come with a Petrorabbit

is the helicopter/ car transformer next to Grimmy Springer?

Edited by RichterX

I think that Grimlock is overpriced at 13650Yen. Part of the high cost of other Masterpieces (first release of the molds anyway) was the engineering cost. He's pretty damn simple, so even if the size will be larger, the money saved on engineering should offset that increase. But they know that dino freaks will pay out the ass for him, so he's been overpriced.

I think that Grimlock is overpriced at 13650Yen. Part of the high cost of other Masterpieces (first release of the molds anyway) was the engineering cost. He's pretty damn simple, so even if the size will be larger, the money saved on engineering should offset that increase. But they know that dino freaks will pay out the ass for him, so he's been overpriced.

Seconded.

me too!

Always wanted a Grimlock toy ever since i saw a dinobot heavy episode when i was a kid.

He's the best! big, dumb, and bad ass. an Unstoppable Force! He was the HERO autobot for me, and Starscream was the best bad guy.

Both his forms remind me of Super Robots, and Godziller. Not a huge fan of either categories but he's just too cool to miss.

I still should track down a MP Starscream one day too...

:edit:

Can't remember correctly, wasn't there an episode where they supersized Grimlock somehow and they did a Godziller take? :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the important question is, will MP Grimlock come with a Petrorabbit

is the helicopter/ car transformer next to Grimmy Springer?

Who or what is Petrorabbit? Sorry, i never watched enough episodes as a kid to remember. Not that i care but it's interesting coz Grim is cool.

Need more info before declaring MP Grimlock overpriced. Is he in scale to MP Prime? If yes then he's worth it as Grimlock is supposed to be heads and shoulders taller. If he's not then he's overpriced.

I'm actually more excited about the reissue of Iron Hide. Need him for my G1 collection and he absolutely owned Grimlock in the comics.

Need more info before declaring MP Grimlock overpriced. Is he in scale to MP Prime? If yes then he's worth it as Grimlock is supposed to be heads and shoulders taller. If he's not then he's overpriced.

I'm actually more excited about the reissue of Iron Hide. Need him for my G1 collection and he absolutely owned Grimlock in the comics.

He may have owned grimlock in the comics, but toywise? I think Grimlock owned Ironhide in a biiiiig way! worse design ever! ^_^

According to the product description for Grimlock, he will have a waiter mode (i.e. apron plus tray) to homage this scene from S3 episode "Madman's Paradise". He will also have a brainwave transporter, used in the episode "Grimock's New Brain".

The right fist will have an LED powered by 3x LR44 batteries which will light up his sword and blaster. The dino and bot mode eyes can switch between G1 toy colour (red) and G1 cartoon colour (blue).