Pic comparision of new 1/60 VF-1 with 1/48 VF-1

dafunguy

I'll eventually pick up at least one 1/60, more depending on color schemes. But I'm not getting rid of my 1/48s. :p

Neither am I, but instead of buying more Valks for NMB4M's kits i'll just use the existing ones. :p

So i'll have my 1/48 VF-1D, and my VT-1. Oh yes... they will be mine.

-----

Figured it out, my 2nd VF-1S Hikky will be my VF-1D, my Angel Bird will be my own Custom valk, and

the on sale Angel Bird from hlj.com that i got coming later on will be my VT-1, or vice versa depending on tightness.

I'll grab the Kit for the VE-1 but i can't warrant to colour her up just to have a VE-1, more so i want the

Booster/FP's and VE-1 Head just so i can use it on my own custom Valk, and of course i can just swap an play the

VE-1 cockit with lets say, my own 1/48 custom...

So that leaves me with - (1/48)

'1' VF-1S Focker/Hikaru

'1' VF-1S Hikaru + Strike/FP's

'1' VF-1J Hikky (plus GBP-1S) & the TV Super/FP's

'1' VF-1A Cannon Fodder

'1' VF-1D NMB4M custom

'1' VT-1 NMB4M custom

'1' VE-1 Kit

'1' VF-1 own Custom with Strike/SuperFP's + GBP-1S

Clear Parts for Super/FP's

now for the 1/60's -

Hikaru VF-1S (with Strike/FP Pack) x 1 or 2

Max 1S (or 1A maybe because the 1A will come with Strike/FP pack and i will want extras, i think i'll get the 1A)

CF-1A x 1 (or 2)

VF-1J Hikky (with GBP-1S) x 1

VF-1J Max & Millia x 1 each

VT-1 x 1

VF-1D x 2???

VE-1 x 1

Possibly a 2nd issue Roy 1S and maybe one more GBP-1S but i think yamato will milk the colour variants...

A well rounded collection! Who knows, i'll grab a Stealth/Strike/FP pack 1/60 too. .... maybe an Angel Bird...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The 1/60 looks so small compared to the 1/48! It's going to look tiny in my display case (if I get one). Wish they made all the improvements, but in 1/48 scale. Once you go big ... it's hard to go back. (insert ... "that's what she said" jokes here ... haha.) It's sad seeing the 1/48 being phased out.

photo27yu8.jpg

Can someone photoshop the 1/60 so it is 1:1 in size, not scale to the 1/48? And perhaps throw in a Hasegawa / Arii or Imai battroid also?

Just to compare proportions.

1/60 looks really good in battroid. Almost like those old Arii/Imai model kits.

i absolutely love the 1/48 scale but the only thing that bothers me about it is the seam going down the vf-1s head, im glad they corrected that in the 1/60 so looks like now im going to sell my 1/48 and go for the 1/60 unless somebody recasts a 1/48 head the same way as the 1/60 =)

i try...

comparisonzp2.jpg

Thanks for the photoshop ipaq.

You can tell Yamato took the 1/48 and improved it when scaling down to 1/60! So many similarities!

Still on the fence with the smaller chest, shorter nose and skinnier legs but still looks good in a new refreshing way.

Edited by Neova

Not to get off the subject or anything like that, but from this particular comparison pic and the angle it was taken, the lower leg portion of the 1/60 V2 looks similar to that of the HASEGAWA BATTROID model (the one with the TENJIN HIDETAKA box art!). Very interesting!

Edited by connor99

Not to get off the subject or anything like that, but from this particular comparison pic and the angle it was taken, the lower leg portion of the 1/60 V2 looks similar to that of the HASEGAWA BATTROID model (the one with the TENJIN HIDETAKA box art!). Very interesting!

Yeah, I always missed the Hasegawa legs on my 1/48's. The new legs are an absolute improve for me. Sleek and anime accurate.

As for the nose being shorter, I think it was never meant to be that long anyway. I think we're probably spoiled by the looks of the 1/48 in fighter mode. The details, despite the size, are all there: the inner cockpit looks even sharper in detail. Also I've never noticed how big the chest plate was in the 1/48, now it looks terrible out of proportion to me.

The bump behind the cockpit in Fighter mode is my only real gripe. I think it's the only serious setback of the new toy, and completely avoidable IMHO, but I'll get it anyway.

I wonder if the transforming hands will be able to hold firmly the gunpod this time. They look big enough for me so if they do their job, I don't think I'll ever resort to the swappable set.

I thought I was sold on the 1/60 v.2 but after this comparison shot I am almost certainly back to 1/48. I will still get at least one of the new 1/60 though. Now it is the skinny legs that are bothering me on the v.2. Oh well. Still looks great though.

I dunno. I still love the 1/48s. I really wished they kept the 1/48 line going especially with them adding the 2 seaters to the line. But oh well. The 1/60 v2 looks good. I will prolly pick up one of each type to keep in line of the 1/60 scale Macross like the Destroids, VF-0, SV-51, yf-21, and the yf-19. I would definitely get a 1/60 Max VF-1S 1/60 v2.0. It would look good against 1/60 Millia Q-Rau as well as the the 2 seaters.

The 1/60's do look nice but not nice enough to ditch my 1/48's for. I kind of like the bigger scale anyway. On top of that I just finished getting all of the 1/48's available. I don't want to go through all that again! :blink:

A couple 2 seaters would be cool though..........and I still need to get a 21 on the way...........ah hell, who am I kidding. I probably get a whole bunch of them for no good reason at all. :p

i was just looking around yamato website and saw this

photo28.jpgphoto29.jpg

you can view other comparison images here

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_049/index_2.html

im sorry if this was already posted.

anyway im still at lost on what scale to collect myself. i like the 1/48 because i like its size. it also looks better alongside macross plus/zero 1/60 valks. to me its just weird that zero planes are 18 meters long, SDF valks are 14 meters and then it went to 18 meters again in macross frontier...

Welcome back Sqidd! I have not seen you around in ages! I was starting to wonder what happened to you. Glad to see you back bro.

I have been trolling for a while but I am so busy with biz. stuff and racing this time of year that I don't have a ton of time and I have not even thought about my collection in months. Of course I have looked at it, you can't miss it. It's my whole office. But I have not bothered to sit down and figure out what my next purchase is going to be, I need to put up more shelves.........it never stops. I think I even have a few Valks in boxes down stairs that I have not even opened yet. :blink:

It's nice to be missed though :) (did that sound gay?)

:lol: ........yo Sqidd my man.....you gonna be at the Con?!?

:ph34r:

Unfortunately no. I don't get to do stuff like that in the summer. I am always at the track either working or racing. I'm all loaded up and leaving in a few hours for this weekend out of town.

I will be doing a little of this about 8am Saturday morning though :) Could be worse. I could have a real job :D

Edited by sqidd

Unfortunately no. I don't get to do stuff like that in the summer. I am always at the track either working or racing. I'm all loaded up and leaving in a few hours for this weekend out of town.

So, you coming to my hometown Assen for the MotoGP next week then?

So, you coming to my hometown Assen for the MotoGP next week then?

Not after they screwed up the track a few years back, LOL. Just kidding. I have never been to Europe. I love the origonal Assen layout though....CRAZY FAST!

I may be doing some Italian Superbike stuff this fall though. Lots of world class tracks all within a few hundred miles of each other! Yummie!

Sorry to offend. It has been removed.

Pssssshhhhh whateves man.......I think your "job" is one of the most bad a$$ EVER! You're not offending anyone....and if you were.....they can go lick it.

:ph34r:

The 1/60 looks OOOOOOOHHHHH so sweet and these guys are easier to display.. or I should say.. you can display more of them on your shelves vs. the 1/48! :lol:

I will be doing a little of this about 8am Saturday morning though :) Could be worse. I could have a real job :D

Nice bike bro!

Welcome back sqidd!

**Did a little alteration to you bad-a$$ bike!

Even nicer with a macross kite decal on it :blink: