Pic comparision of new 1/60 VF-1 with 1/48 VF-1

dafunguy

hmm, I just noticed how high the head sits on the 1/60 and then I realized the 1/60 doesn't have that little "scoop" the 1/48 has for the head to sit down in... I've been thinking for a while how shallow those chest stripes look and now I know why.

The more I look at the 1/60 V.2 in Battroid mode the more I love it!

The more I look at the 1/60 V.2 in Fighter mode the more I dislike it!

I will be getting at least one of these V.2s for my 1/60 diorama.

Of course if they make the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1 then of course those too.

And of course if they make a minmei guard or some other cool schemes then maybe more money spent.

And of course I am a bit pissed about the price.

I don't really think one is better than the other. I think, for the first time for yamato it's te same good looking valk-toy just in different scales. But I have to admit that the 1/48 is still the ultimate VF-1 toy for me.

Well...the more of this thread I read the more I have to admit that I'm not really loving the 1/60...

The hands are...optional...so... that really is a downer. I thought they figured some way out to put nice hands on the Battroid mode that could be transformed. Perfect transformation means no optional hands. If that means chicken hands then so be it.

If I am inclined to use optional hands - I can use them on my 48s.

The fighter mode does look worse; that's for sure; and the head looks wierd in battroid mode.

I'm not saying it looks bad - I'm just being nit picky.

Engineered for two-seeter is the only good thing I'm hearing that will make me buy the two-seeter versions.

Max and Milia color are also an option...

But at this point I might just opt for the 48 Max/Millia Super strikes instead.

Prices on the 60s are not impressive.

Smaller valk.Optional hands. But still very high price :(

VFTF1

Of course if they make the VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1 then of course those too.

Miriya, you are being rather prophetic.

I think the two seaters will be the big money makers... wonder if Yamato will charge $10 more for the extra seat.

Since I never got the VF-1D I better start saving.

Miriya, you are being rather prophetic.

I think the two seaters will be the big money makers... wonder if Yamato will charge $10 more for the extra seat.

Since I never got the VF-1D I better start saving.

:lol: Funny! Yeah, first they are going to get us used to paying $150 for the super/strike but then price the 2 seaters at $175! Ouch! They know that we will all budge even at that price. Talk about prophetic! :lol:

I know. Out of all the variants for this line the VF-1D is the one I crave the most because I need one to pose in battroid mode next to my V.1 1/60 which looks good in fighter mode but lacks in battroid mode.

Well...the more of this thread I read the more I have to admit that I'm not really loving the 1/60...

The hands are...optional...so... that really is a downer. I thought they figured some way out to put nice hands on the Battroid mode that could be transformed. Perfect transformation means no optional hands. If that means chicken hands then so be it.

If I am inclined to use optional hands - I can use them on my 48s.

The fighter mode does look worse; that's for sure; and the head looks wierd in battroid mode.

I'm not saying it looks bad - I'm just being nit picky.

Engineered for two-seeter is the only good thing I'm hearing that will make me buy the two-seeter versions.

Max and Milia color are also an option...

But at this point I might just opt for the 48 Max/Millia Super strikes instead.

Prices on the 60s are not impressive.

Smaller valk.Optional hands. But still very high price :(

VFTF1

I gotta agree with you. The 1/60 VF-1 line just holds a certain degree of "meh" for me. I'm not thrilled with some of the design choices (the new backpack latch especially bugs me) and the relatively high price all bugs. But... there are so many nifty features, the double jointed elbows, the improved feet, etc that I can justify to myself getting one or two. The Focker 1s will probably be my only 1 seater purchase though, unless yamato comes out with a kick ass non-canon paint scheme.

And a dime bag cost a dime!

:wacko:

True that my Ballchinian Brother...those were the days.

B))

OO

Now....back to the subject at hand. I just can't understand why Yamato decided to make the Macoss Zero and Plus 1/60 figures the size they did. I mean....I'm okay with it and all that...but why?

:ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

Now....back to the subject at hand. I just can't understand why Yamato decided to make the Macoss Zero and Plus 1/60 figures the size they did. I mean....I'm okay with it and all that...but why?

:ph34r:

If they didn't make the Macross Zero/Plus in 1/60 scale, they would have been huge ... way bigger than the 1/48 VF-1!

I just can't understand why Yamato decided to make the Macoss Zero and Plus 1/60 figures the size they did. I mean....I'm okay with it and all that...but why?

I can think of a lot of reasons, foremost to keep them in scale with their original 1/60 VF-1's. Yamato knows a good number of us like keeping our toys in scale.

• 1/48 - They'd be too big and most likely too expensive.

• 1/55 - They'd still be pretty big and only be in scale with Bandai's chunky's. Why help Bandai?

• 1/65 - Definite possibility, Bandai's done it with their M7 VF's. But again, why help Bandai when Yamato can help themselves?

• 1/72 - They'd be small and it'd also be more difficult to achieve such complex transformations at this scale. The original 1/72 Macross Plus toys proved this.

• 1/100 - They'd be too small.

• 1/144 - They'd be way too small.

I can think of a lot of reasons, foremost to keep them in scale with their original 1/60 VF-1's. Yamato knows a good number of us like keeping our toys in scale.

• 1/48 - They'd be too big and most likely too expensive.

• 1/55 - They'd still be pretty big and only be in scale with Bandai's chunky's. Why help Bandai?

• 1/65 - Definite possibility, Bandai's done it with their M7 VF's. But again, why help Bandai when Yamato can help themselves?

• 1/72 - They'd be small and it'd also be more difficult to achieve such complex transformations at this scale. The original 1/72 Macross Plus toys proved this.

• 1/100 - They'd be too small.

• 1/144 - They'd be way too small.

1/60 goes along well with Bandai's Perfect Grade Gundam kits. I'm not sure but I think 1/60 is slowly becoming the scale for large-size* sci-fi/anime toys (probably headed by Bandai's Gundam line).

*1/60 is about as large as one would like to get in Japan.

I'd kill for a good sculpt 1/144 scale transformable Valk but I know it'll never happen. I think it's technically possible to do but probably not cost-effective or highly sought by fans.

Edited by Vifam7

What fantasy world were you living in?

I thought that fantasy world was 2002, but apparently I've been smoking something. Looks like I paid 14800 yen, which came out to around $120 at the time. But I distinctively remember a 89$ price tag for something along those lines. Maybe it was for the rumored 10000 yen price before it came out. Or maybe I'm remembering the box-less CF-1A I got for a deal ($110 shipped) from Black Aces. Anyway, I stand corrected. Senility sucks.

Well, the one thing that has me waiting for this the most is the fact that I only bought 1 1/48. :p I'm waiting anxiously for employment before I start giving in.

While I don't care so much for the new style of the legs, I don't think they're too bad (yet, have to see them up close to be sure). And despite the new backpack latch, there's one place the 1/60 wins hands down: the fast pack attachment. Every time I put the fast packs on or off my 1J, I'm afraid the back will just snap off. The 1/60 design has the fast packs wrapping around the entire backplate, looking MUCH sturdier.

Well, the one thing that has me waiting for this the most is the fact that I only bought 1 1/48. :p I'm waiting anxiously for employment before I start giving in.

While I don't care so much for the new style of the legs, I don't think they're too bad (yet, have to see them up close to be sure). And despite the new backpack latch, there's one place the 1/60 wins hands down: the fast pack attachment. Every time I put the fast packs on or off my 1J, I'm afraid the back will just snap off. The 1/60 design has the fast packs wrapping around the entire backplate, looking MUCH sturdier.

I can't really see how the 1/60 fast packs gets attached to the backplate??? From the gerwalk pictures, it does look like it sits a little higher on the back compare to the 1/48.

A good pic of the fast packs was in another thread a while back, I don't remember quite where. From what I recall, the boosters don't attach directly to the backpack, but are actually connected across the rear of the back plate. I think the connection between them serves as the mount, and clips around the base of the backpack hinge. So, they may rest up against the backpack, but I think they're connected pretty solidly to the back plate.

Edit: found the right page in the other thread finally lol

older thread

Based on these pics and the one a little further showing just the fast packs, the boosters definitely look like they're connected, sort of like the old 1/55 ones were, but without the shell over the backpack. Looks like the crossbar runs directly underneath the backpack hinge, and I think there are a couple of tabs that actually lock the backpack in place between the boosters. :blink:

Also to note.. the little goofy backpack latch isn't used in those pictures.. so I'm going to guess that means one of two things. Either they forgot about it (not too likely considering the range of poses shown), or the boosters don't rely on the backpack at all for support (my sincere hope).

Anyone have a rear view of the battroid to confirm this?

Edited by Chronocidal

One thing I just noticed about the new 1/60 VF-1 is that it's shoulders don't droop whenever doing dynamic poses with it's arms, unlike the 1/48. Good work Yamato.

If your refering to the pics a couple of pages back, the arms on the 1/48 only look droopy because they're not locked into the proper position.

If your refering to the pics a couple of pages back, the arms on the 1/48 only look droopy because they're not locked into the proper position.

Exactly. But don't the 1/48 shoulders have to be unlocked to achieve that sort of pose? If so, then the 1/60 can do the same pose with the shoulders intact.