Pic comparision of new 1/60 VF-1 with 1/48 VF-1

dafunguy

Here are some picture comparisions of the upcoming 1/60 scale VF-1 and the good old 1/48 VF-1. This is only a photo comparion based on looks alone. The real comparision will come once the new 1/60 comes out (to compare transformation, function, etc.). Based on looks, I still tend to like the 1/48 ... the larger size just allows for more detail. Sorry about the crappy pics ... when I have more time, I'll post more configs (and hopefully better pics).

vf1bcb5.jpg

img1321qz3.jpg

They both look great! I am looking forward to this new release of the 1/60 V.2 but still I am a member of the "1/48 forever" club.

One of the biggest problems I have with the 1/60 V.2 is that in fighter mode the two legs parts angle up a bit toward the back where the 1/48 is more straight. Something about that line screws it up a bit for me. </OCD>

The 1/60 pilot looks better for some reason?

1/60 pilot has less black on the helmet, the hands are not hovering over the controls as much and the arms are not as extended.

The 1/60 has the vernier more forward on the nose, the intakes and chest panel are not as sleek as the 1/48, the nose is a stubbier.... Plus the fast packs look better from the side on the 1/48.

That orange thing in the side of the engine intakes looks better on the 1/60 than the red spot on the 1/48.

Guess you need both in hand.

The fact that the 1/60 is smaller makes it more appealing to me. My 1/48 Yammies, as much as I love the two I own, were always just a bit too big. I also really like the more rounded legs on the 1/60 and it appears the sculpt features more articulation, especially in the arms.

I like both. I prefer the 1/48 for fighter mode but the 1/60 battroid looks kick ass and the double jointed elbows, man, I've been wanting those since forever.

They look the same to me. Please explain their differences besides the doubled elbows, because my untrained eye does not see them.

:blink:

They look the same to me. Please explain their differences besides the doubled elbows, because my untrained eye does not see them.

:blink:

the shape of the nose cone, the length of the nose cone and it seems like the angle of the intakes are steeper on the 1/48 which I prefer. The backpack is shaped differently, the lower legs are narrower and the "shins" taper in which is closer to the line art. The proportions of the arms are different as well. The head's seam is different, down the middle on the 1/48 and around the back on the new 1/60

I am a 1/48 supporter, but the 1/60 Batrtroid mode (from the pics I have seen from Degenki Hobby mag) is anything to go by, that might be the only 1/60 I'd buy. I just like the 1/48 size better.

I hope you havn't been avoiding the 1/60th VF-0 through 19 just because it's 1/60th. You are aware that all other valks dwarf the old VF-1. All the other 1/60ths are about the same size, or even a little larger than the 1/48 VF-1.

Here is the battleroid mode. This is where the 1/60 outshines the 1/48 ... better hands (even has a yellow line on them), bicep cuts, and shorther nose piece. Legs look skinnier tho.

Thanks for the pic, that thing looks awesome!! But the hands look like they are plug and play as in you have to remove them to transform him. Other than that he looks amazing.

Hmm... the differences - particularly in fighter mode - are minute.

But the fact that it's in scale with everything else is a big factor in favor...

and those hands - wow - they look Revoltech great!

Probably I'll end up unable to resist these - but maybe I'll wait and instead of Roy and Hiky (since I have 1/48 S and Hik J), I'll get Max and Milia in this scale.

VFTF1

Thanks for the pic, that thing looks awesome!! But the hands look like they are plug and play as in you have to remove them to transform him. Other than that he looks amazing.

the hands in battroid mode are optional like on the 1J 1/48

it has its own hands which are smaller :p for transformation

Here is the battleroid mode. This is where the 1/60 outshines the 1/48 ... better hands (even has a yellow line on them), bicep cuts, and shorther nose piece. Legs look skinnier tho.

vf1gem8.jpgimg1338rq1.jpg

I hope the arm armour does not come out in the way it is showing on the new 1/60. If you look closely, you'll the armour is replicated from one arm then used for the other. The visible screws tell all.

I like the screws to be in the back where they are not that visible.

The 1/60, from the side, has much fatter legs that are used to hide the low-hanging arms. It looks funny :p

The fat legs and the stubby nose don't look good in Fighter mode imho.

Battroid mode, however, looks better in 1/60.

Either way, I'm not buying the 1/60 only because I have many other hobbies that I'd like to pursue rather than plunking down big bucks to purchase a Yamato VF-1 line... for the 3rd time

Edited by Duymon

The only thing I don't like about this new 1/60 is the short nose in fighter mode. Though I'm not sure if it's the nose that's short or the whole forward fuselage that's short, or just the canopy being a bit too big. Either way something doesn't look right in fighter mode. Ofcourse it could simply be photo deception - at least from the angles we see right now. I'd like to see a more direct side view.

I feel the new 1/60 took some significant hits in fighter mode, most of which were unnecessary. The canopy is more bulbous and has a bump that breaks up the traditional sleek profile of the fighter, made slightly worse by a shorter nose. The latter is a necessary compromise but combined with the new canopy and the worse position and relative size of the new pilot causes the 1/60's fighter mode to lose a few points to the 1/48's, even if the new toy doesn't exhibit the 1/48's low hanging shoulder blocks.

The 1/60's lower legs look great and more accurately reflect the line art-- but the new thighs are chunky, hard edged, and squared off and look worse and less accurate in all modes. I don't know why this change was made. And weird-- the line across the leg just below the landing gear door light is missing on the 1/60.

In the end, it's hard for me to declare the 1/60 the winner in any mode, battroid included. It does have more proportionate arms and hands and a shorter nosecone, but it loses points in the upper legs which the 1/48 got almost perfect. Granted I've sort of gotten used to the 1/48's spindly arms, tiny hands (which can be fixed by some aftermarket parts), and slightly oversized chest, so they're no longer that much of an eyesore to me-- but the 1/60 brings problems of its own, with frustrating changes that seem to be made for the sake of change.

I didn't realize the big 1/60 hands were options. OK, I switched out the 1/48 chicken hands with bigger hands and put the arm armors on correctly (with the screws hidden and the gunpod holder showing). I think on the 1/60 picture, someone put a right handed armor on the left arm by mistake.

vf1gem8.jpg

img1343qt9.jpg