Pic comparision of new 1/60 VF-1 with 1/48 VF-1

dafunguy

It's nice to be missed though :) (did that sound gay?)

Probably no more gay than my saying that I missed you! :blink:

Good to see you back.

I am really wanting to get the new 1/60 v.2 and I dont think I can wait for the variations that I really want. I may just have to get one of the first releases to appease my appetite. I hope that either the VF-1D or the Hikaru VF-1J with tv fp comes out next.

Looks like the 1/60 fast packs missiles are not individually separated like the 1/48 ones.

1/60 (They seem conneted in pairs/threes):

toybp5.jpg

1/48:

54131pp0.jpg

I am VERY happy that they decided to go this route with the new 1/60 VF-1s

:ph34r:

Looks like the 1/60 fast packs missiles are not individually separated like the 1/48 ones. (They seem conneted in pairs/threes)

This is a much smaller scale than the 1/48 so that's to be expected. They did manage to reproduce and/or improve most of the 1/48's gimmicks and even managed to add a few more that are exclusive to this new line.

So that minor detail doesn't bother me in the least. :)

-Kyp

The 1/60 VF-1 Batt. mode looks superior proportion-wise than the 1/48.

But that alone is not going to make me fork out even more money. I have a slew of 1/48 VF-1 toys, lots of armor to go around. Roy's Strike-1S, Hikaru VF-1J + GBP, Max & Millia, CF -1A, etc. I also tend to keep my VF-1 toys in Fighter mode. So, I have several major reasons to stay out of the new 1/60 VF-1 toys.

I will be interested in VF-1 variants like the Super Ostrich, VF-1D, etc., since Yamato copped out and never did them in 1/48.

I think it looks awesome. I ordered 2 of the Roys and I'm ready to order the 1A Hikaru. I can't wait to have the whole line along with the 2 seaters. I'm ready for these and the Beagles. I wish someone would make a decent legioss and tlead and larger scale Bubblegum Crisis Motoslaves.

Is there any confirmation that all these new 1/60's will be out in every every version ((ie old 1/60's?)....

If that's the case, I think I might starting collecting 1/60s. Especially with all the Destroids and such being released in that scale. Just makes sense.

Besides, 1/48's are hard to come by. You gotta be rich or Vegas Valkyrie to get 'em all! Even then, you're still missing some of your favorite ones that weren't even made.

Is there any confirmation that all these new 1/60's will be out in every every version ((ie old 1/60's?)....

If that's the case, I think I might starting collecting 1/60s. Especially with all the Destroids and such being released in that scale. Just makes sense.

Besides, 1/48's are hard to come by. You gotta be rich or Vegas Valkyrie to get 'em all! Even then, you're still missing some of your favorite ones that weren't even made.

:lol: pm me first if you ever let go of your 1/48's

:lol: pm me first if you ever let go of your 1/48's

Dude, you don't need anymore! :p

I'm gonna keep the three I have. They're really all I planned to buy anyways (I got all the three heads, two different armors, and one bare... planned like a true filipino)...

I haven't paying much attention to the 1/60 stuff; but you mean to tell me, up until the latest release (not the upcoming 1/60), you had to detatch the legs to transform them?

Dude, you don't need anymore! :p

I'm gonna keep the three I have. They're really all I planned to buy anyways (I got all the three heads, two different armors, and one bare... planned like a true filipino)...

I haven't paying much attention to the 1/60 stuff; but you mean to tell me, up until the latest release (not the upcoming 1/60), you had to detatch the legs to transform them?

yup on the old version you have to detatch the legs to transform them

What is "canon"?

There was a guy from Yamato chillin' on this board?

Canon = canonical as in Yamato said their toy had detachable legs because, according to them, the legs actually do detach momentarily when a VF-1 transforms as designed by Kawamori.

They have since seen the light and regardless of what is *supposed* to happen with the legs, they realize that toy fans don't like parts- formers.

Edited by jenius

Canon = canonical as in Yamato said their toy had detachable legs because, according to them, the legs actually do detach momentarily when a VF-1 transforms as designed by Kawamori.

Really?? I thought the VF-1 leg transformation sequence was identical to the one we see in M0, when Roy's 0S first transforms (i.e., super-thin magically telecoping swing bars that disappear under the cockpit)?

Really?? I thought the VF-1 leg transformation sequence was identical to the one we see in M0, when Roy's 0S first transforms (i.e., super-thin magically telecoping swing bars that disappear under the cockpit)?

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was agreeing with that whole detachable leg bit... I was just trying to paraphrase a statement that was made when the first 160s were coming out. As pointed out by others, there is some mechanism there and there definitely aren't free floating legs in transformation.

Hey, I've argued that detaching legs on the VF-1 are canon. (And they are, AFAIK, it's just that 99% of collectors don't care and want attached legs regardless)

Well they are never completely detached, I don't think people would mind a system that operates just like the lineart. They just don't want one where the legs fly off completely and then recombine like some kind of super robot lol. I could be wrong tho

I dont mind a VF-1 toy that has legs that detach as long as they stay on when it's reattached. The older 1/60 fails at that.

The funny thing is that the VF-0 has a swing bar but they didn't take advantage of that with the toy.

The funny thing is that the VF-0 has a swing bar but they didn't take advantage of that with the toy.

I noticed that the 1/60 VF-0 has the swingbars. It was nice to have them if only for cosmetic purposes. Although the toy would have to be 1/48 scale for them to be large enough to support the weight of the legs without bending.

Guest sh002

the detachable legs on the v.1 1/60 was horrible imo in terms of transformation and appearance. i'm glad the 1/48's and the new 1/60 do not have this. too bad the old 1/60's didn't have the 1/48 technology or some type of 'swingbar' to begin with.